2.10 Balance changes discussion thread

Comments

• abailey362abailey362 Member Posts: 304
    please wait to run supply events (if they are ran) until the council upgrade is available. it will be useless to maxed players if it runs before you can spend the soup

@Kaz
    abailey362 - TheHerdReturned - part of #THR Family

KazDBonesSPC_TORRESKarajocaanniesprinkles
  • thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    edited February 2018
    Did I do this right? I'm 3 x level 20 so I'd start @ 16. I've not been able to beat 28 yet so I stopped @ RSL 27.

• DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 713
    Wow, apparently I'm clearly in the minority here, but a council upgrade sounds great to me and I'm only at level 59. The point of these games is the grind... always having something to work toward. Once you reach the max what's the point? Searching for gear/survivor just a little bit better than what you have? Now that boring to me.
    CBgaming1969Karajoca
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 268
    Kaz said:

Here it is!

I know that I have previously announced that we wouldn't have a council upgrade in 2.10. It was planned for later, but we thought that it would fit together with the balance changes we are doing in the game for next week (together with the new challenge settings). I'm really sorry for any trouble it may have caused. :/

Some of the changes, (like higher-level items dropping on high-level missions) are happening now and we should have the new Council Upgrade somewhere next week.

And btw, we won't have a timer for this challenge as well and probably never again. :smiley:

@Kaz You mention balance changes in this post. This usually implies changes to damage and health, either with survivors, enemies, or equipment. Are there changes to survivor classes or equipment coming next week?
  • thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    Here would be for 23, only considering 4 RP though....

• CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    I probably in the minority, but I didn't like the starting difficulty lvl of the UC's because I just got to lvl 23 hero/survivor and 3 one pink star regular toons that aren't as good as most of my herosand no pink star hero's...it put me to my max difficulty lvl to quick and my star counts were so bad and depressing...

Just a different piont of view...the rest is very nice, but really could use those round passes every 3 rounds instead of every 5 and I know everyone agrees with that much.
  • RoadRashRoadRash Member Posts: 180
    Ok when do I have to have my council to 22 to get the level 24 version of the kingdom spear, and how many tomatoes is it going to cost to max my council?
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    @RoadRash if your playerlevel is 67, your council is already at 22.
    DLich
    Oh lol, I was just freaking thinking I had to go like mad and farm tomatoes this weekend, ok im good
    DLich
    @Kaz Can u please share the cost and building lvl requirements for the new upgrade buildings.

Please!!!
    Troublemaker
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    Damn you NG! This is now the 4th time you guys moved max level.

For me, re: the council upgrades, the MAIN thing that happens is this:

At lvl20 Survivors, we were guaranteed lvl20 gear with x lvl camp. An update came and as i hit that camp level, I only got lvl19/20 gear.

At lvl21 Survivors, we were guaranteed lvl21 gear with x lvl camp. An update came and as i hit that camp level, I only got lvl20/21 gear.

At lvl22 Survivors, we were guaranteed lvl22 gear with x lvl camp. An update came and as i hit that camp level, I only got lvl21/22 gear.

At lvl23 Survivors, we were guaranteed lvl23 gear with x lvl camp. An update is due, and now, when i get to lvl67, I'll likely get just lvl22/23 gear, whilst the rest have been getting lvl23 only.

Cheers NG...
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    @Kaz Will we be getting a 2x scrap event or something similar, and if so, when?
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,364
    > @JayZ said:
    > The other stuff is really good, but of course it's always one step forward and two steps back with each update.
    >
    > Personally, I think of this update as two steps forward, one step back.

Fair enough. I actually did kinda think that after I posted it. It's just bumming me out that the council upgrade is overshadowing the rest of the good stuff.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    DBones
  • pirate1125pirate1125 Member Posts: 340
    Balance usually means Nerf, so what's getting Nerfed?
    CaptainslayerGuapoR2runfast
  • berg280berg280 Member Posts: 147
    Is the new challenge format going to reduce our stars? Just want to know if I have to wait till council level 30 to challenge my PB lol
    Are my 3 little 1 pink star regular survivors that are still lower damage and health to my legendary hero's going to increase my starting difficulty. I have 3plus lvl 23 hero's/ survivors but not 3 lvl 23 pinks.
    and is the new lvl 24 going to increase my starting difficulty.
  • TechfallTechfall Member Posts: 168
    > @The_Overcomer said:
    > So @kaz @Shteevie I bought your winter weapons bundle based on NG promising no council upgrade. 1 x winter assault rifle, 1 x winter hunting rifle, 1 x ice pick, 2 x flare guns which are now useless and all the xp I havde used to upgrade them. I suggest you make weapons upgradeable passed lvl23 or your going to refund my purchases for the lie right ? I would NOT have bought these if you had been honest in the first place. Or your going to compensate me in some other way right ?
    >
    > What sort of business are you running when you lie to your customers?
    >
    > @Drunken I wish I had taken your advise as you were right. @Samstown I'm in the same boat there, really pissed off at NG for this lie.

Yall gonna respond to this or nah?
    DrunkenThe_OvercomerJadenPig
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,548
    @Techfall nope they will not respond to it and continue to duck it until something else comes up. It seems no weekend event is the answer. The focus of forums is starting to shift to that. We are fickle here on the forums like that when the wind changes so do we. :)

IN NG I TRUST
    bigbeano
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    Just want to clarify for some from @DLich 's above post

Dlich said ..
    "The Kingdom spear will be lvl 24 for players with council lvl 22 (basically the ability to upgrade your toons to lvl 23) so anyone who is an end gamer now (camp lvl 67) who earns the spear will get it at lvl 24. This is good!!"

I clarified this directly and you won't need to be level 67 camp, just Council Level 22 . I spent a crazy Amount of radios and time farming tomatoes just to get Carol to legendary and my workshop upgraded to get a level 23 Scout , but I'm nowhere close to level 67 camp . (Still need to upgrade 4x tomato storage, walker pit , gas car , workshop etc.)

NG actually did something very thoughtful here by giving the players who worked hard for the spear one that won't be obsolete quick . I look forward to admiring my level 24 spear until I am able to use it :)
    DLichDavid_H79
    I dunno moving forward not sure I'll trust what's being promised/said as it pertains to this game.

paintbeast