2.10 Balance changes discussion thread

Comments

• Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    At least the free spear from upgrading Carol will be level 24. People would have gone off if it was obsolete immediately. Guess I can forget about upgrading all my survivors to 23. Gotta get my mains to 24. Whats that gonna be? 3 million each and 6 months of work? GRIND, GRIND, GRIND...
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    It won't be 24 unless you have a scout to 24 before claiming it, assuming it works like every other weapon gift in game.
    Randopolis
  • dragonclaw74dragonclaw74 Member Posts: 1
    Haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if this has already been addressed. If I am reading things right, the new challenge settings will basically make it near impossible for anyone with level 20 or 21 characters to reach 4 bonus passes. 5 passes are pretty much out of the question. Would have to make it to challenge level 28 to even get to 4 passes Why if they were cutting the amount of rounds for each level, did they not cut the amount of rounds needed
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    @Mabiki

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/33251/council-upgrade-and-balancing-changes-in-2-10#latest

Mabiki said:

It won't be 24 unless you have a scout to 24 before claiming it, assuming it works like every other weapon gift in game.

Just need council lvl 22 (which was upgradable in 2.8 I believe). Don’t need a lvl 24 scout. Just need council lvl 22. Don’t even need to be camp lvl 67.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    David_H79Japes87
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for the info @DLich . Meh to me as my chance of getting Carol to Elite is about as good as them rescinding the just-announced council level.

And kind of sucky if you're say level 20 and get a level 24 weapon. Sure, it's waiting for you. but that's a long wait.
    1RisPapacasbanzai
  • RoadRashRoadRash Member Posts: 178
    I refuse to buy anything next month as i feel ng went back on their word to get us to buy boosters and bundles.
    MattOfEarthJadenDBonesThe_Overcomer
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    I only buy 2x xp on 5 second weekends cause I agree too quick to get backlogged.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    ATLAS-Z
  • JohnbertJohnbert Member Posts: 168
    And of course they're offering a XP/gas bundle right after they announced the council upgrade. Hilarious. :(
  • MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 405
    @BiggyGuyinTWD
    I love your DOUBLE EVENT with x2 XP AND 5 sec upgrades idea! I hope that one goes through! :D
    ATLAS-Z
  • ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 416
    Its time to let us upgrade all purchased items if you hit max level
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    There was most likely a miscommunication between staff.. NG has a lot of stuff going on aside from NML , new staff and trying to balance their efforts between multiple ventures. This is just my opinion, but I think things have been better than they have for a long time and this community is lucky to have Kaz, if the game was dying or they were desperate for funds , they could easily start having crazy events that people buy boosters for for a quick buck , instead we have council updates and real life Jesus and Tara doing new commercials for NML. I think this Carol event is bad timing (in hindsight with the council announcement) but I also think this time they have rolled things out correctly otherwise and will make things right . I hope they don't prove me wrong , but I have faith :)
    David_H79
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 896
    EL34xyz said:

Just like regular life, never enough time to catch up @EL34xyz. LOL
    Hopefully, a few weeks from now there will be a 5 second upgrade weekend. NG would get plenty of players to purchase a gas booster as well as a 2x booster.

The 5 second this is ok, but nothing to get exited about
    The amount of XP it takes to upgrade one item or Srvr if so huge at level 23
    That is, if I actually have enough XP at that time to do one 5 second upgrade

Totally depends upon your xp situation. I currently have 30+ legendary equipment fully upgraded waiting to be scrapped. With a survivor 5 second upgrade weekend, I would be more than happy to purchase a 2x booster and probably upgrade 10+ toons, That's not even counting the legendary or epic equipment I haven't upgraded.

Pro Tip : don't scrap epic or legendary equipment without the 2x booster!!
    Rouvinator
  • dgraminhodgraminho Member Posts: 39
    I totally aprove council upgrade. It was very boring keep staring at maxed tomatoes for weeks.

You need the carrot in front of the horse to keep it motivated, right?
    PapacasReeconnJadenCaptainslayerromeo
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    They could also simply give us a permanent supplies for gear option in the TG shop. That would easily eliminate the maxed tomatoes problem.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    R2runfast
  • BerndErwinBerndErwin Member Posts: 69
    edited March 2018
    This is wrong on so many Levels
    The_Overcomer