New rescued Survivor levels! Do some players now hold advantage?

BluboyBluboy Member Posts: 20
You can no longer get the higher level survivors from campaign rescue missions following release of 1.6. Does this leave the game unbalanced with a significant advantage to those who have lvl18/19 already?

New rescued Survivor levels! Do some players now hold advantage? 121 votes

Game is now unbalanced with some players having a huge advantage.
56%
Metal_freakratonBeccaHelioFeleciaCateyeMorganMizifuuKanegabriel_lwhLoewe1968AhexEvenevenJazzqwertCapletonLumpisdeadStayHumanDeadBeatKaLi 68 votes
Game is now unbalanced with some players having a significant advantage.
26%
shAdz3r0d4z3zosonVerbaubPutchucoArchangeLegendWastelandDanSantescoMegastromerBillyBatishunduzzzzzNatePapaSmurfChangSenoiaSurvivorKlorelWalkerLawdogSulkySloth 32 votes
Game is now unbalanced with some players having a small advantage.
9%
TransmuteJunElsissaSinniasNecroboogie[Deleted User]jesterWeasel007PlayOrangUtandocholiday87LadyAquilaDegreaserRANUNDEAD 12 votes
No player receives an advantage due to this change.
7%
RickGrimesAmigaRayVelcorospartan912tembelpjcxmindsoreDecusZeena 9 votes

Comments

• lobofettlobofett Member Posts: 15
    totally unfair
    BluboyLumpisdead
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    Very unbalance now and worst update ever. I really hope they reconsider; but after the official post about it then im not sure anymore
    BluboyPolo007Lumpisdeadz3r0d4z3
  • drinkydrinky Member Posts: 414
    edited February 2016
    very unbalanced now, anyone not got the lev 17 assualt or better is at a real disadvantage on farming let alone anything else.
    Lev 58. Rick Rollers Elder
    BluboyLumpisdead
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    @CindyLou , fully agree with you.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    CindyLouLumpisdeadT_12
  • BluboyBluboy Member Posts: 20
    @CindyLou, I couldn't have put it better! What is the reward for playing campaign now? A game without reward is pointless. I hope the developers are listening! Unfortunately, I doubt they care!
    CindyLouLumpisdead
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    @CindyLou I'm feeling your pain and that change really turn my thoughts about this game upside down
    CindyLouLumpisdead
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Just popping my head in here to say that we're monitoring this thread.
    TUCOJennyRisT_12
    That is positive news I think @Teeceezy. Do you have an opinion to offer? Would be good to hear the thinking behind this change.
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    I understand the rationale behind dropping the levels of the rescued survivors from the pov of balancing the game going forward, but it does seem like it gives the folks who were able to get those higher level survivors before the update an advantage, especially if we go to a PvP at some point. Is something being done to off-set the fact that some folks were able to get those while others were not?
    Lumpisdead
    The PvP angle is a great point @Verbaub. I had not yet considered those implications.
    Lumpisdead
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    I'm reposting what I said in another thread since the mods are "monitoring" the thread.

So we've had a offcial post about this now which frankly I think is BS.

The old version the rescued survivor was equivalent to the level of the walkers so as far as I'm concerned this was WAI and one of the only rewards in the game which was level correct.

The problems occurred as they didn't expect people to develop stratagies to beat the overwhelming odds to get these characters.

So now we have the so call "it was a bug" and they changed the survivor lvl (from comments at best -4 at worst - 6). How can this be what you intended a survivor who's as tough as a wet paper bag, also if this is what was intended why would you give someone who's at level 18 a survivor which would be no use to their roster. Plus even if you get your two survivors up to 18 to tackle the mission at the correct level keeping the heavily underleveled 3rd survivor alive is going to be tough.

I refer back to the old version was intended, they just underestimated us players.

In regards to is the game now unbalanced yeah sure it is, but that's the devs fault removing the opportunity for people to get them,

Simple Soultion change it back as it was WAI despite what you say.

Other Soultion would of course be to alter everyone's accounts with these survivors but you do that your going to lose a lot of players unless the compensation for it is huge. Removing the reward for people skill and determination, removing people innovation in beating the odds is not the answer.

Oh and I'm not voting as there's no way of saying how unbalanced it is as we can't play the game mode it will effect, but yes it will cause some level of unbalance but I again reiterate that's the devs fault not the players that beat the odds.
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
    CindyLouLumpisdead
  • Polo007Polo007 Member Posts: 3
    You simply can not impose this change without reducing the levels of the acquired 17+ survivors people already have. That goes against your reasoning of having an imbalance in pvp because many already have the higher level survivors. Either reduce the acquired higher level survivors people have or revert it back to how it was(my vote). It gives nightmare/hard worth doing also gives game more content and appeal.
    Lumpisdead
  • drinkydrinky Member Posts: 414
    edited February 2016
    yes polo agree, or allow everyone to train level 19 survivors by the time outposts release, or put a max limit on the level of survivors you can use to attack or defend an outpost. that level could be tied in to that of your training ground. simplest way to ensure pvp remains fair, so right now the highest would be allowed in pvp would be lev 16 survivors even if you have level 18/19 /20 on your books.

sure use them if you've got them in story missions maybe even challenges, but to stop them when others have them is very very wrong.

hopefully above gives some proposal to how they can avoid the pvp issue, which lets not forget is probably min 1 probably 2 months away yet anyway at which point maybe were up to level 18 survivors anyway ?

as right now people have the survivors so pvp isn't fair, they also get to farm at better levels so get advantages there as well.

i should add im included in this having the assault, some im not saying this because im bitter, feel it is unfair for the others who dont, ye sid like the scout for this week challenge on train wreck, but generally i think it's not level when some have.

maybe you have to take all survivors above 16 off everyone and give them all some gold and 100 radios each, to re level the playing field ? (gold is to help compensate for all the gas used to get them in first place). then at least you have a level playing field. however makes doing the challenges a little pointless and possibly virtually impossible in some cases. (12.3). or simply re instate previous rewards so everyone has access to same levels , and just dont give any more above level 20 out. it's now easier for everyone els ein theory to pick up the lev 19 warrior with lev 16 survivors, but still not easy by any means!!! (which is EXACTLY how it should be, which is what poppy said it was working as designed, as those rewards were VERY VERY hard earned!!!!!!)
    Lev 58. Rick Rollers Elder
    Lumpisdead
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Nice idea Drinky
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
    Lumpisdead
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    edited February 2016
    If this change was made to "balance" the game, then it did the exact opposite. And as others have mentioned, it makes sense that if the suggested survivor level is 18, then the reward is a level 18 survivor...

Also, since everyone can get the lvl 18 scout, technically the game was balanced...

This change is even worse than the bruiser change... at least everyone was affected...

Lumpisdead
  • CindyLouCindyLou Member Posts: 112
    edited February 2016
    It was hard as hell to get those survivors it was truly a challenge and lots of hurt survivors and different strategies to complete the difficult missions to get that high level survivor. I don't see how its unbalanced when it was so challenging to earn them in the first place. They were earned and I have nothing to earn now. The purpose of the game is gone until spring what are we supposed to do until then? I was playing the game the way it was set up to play and thought that it was creatively challenging even without Pvp which any game can have so they don't have to come up with something truly challenging. This game had it and no longer has it. I'm not sure what we are supposed to do until spring.
    Lumpisdead[Deleted User]
    After reading different posts, the Dev's really dropped the ball on this one... on the rescue missions... the walkers are level 18+, and the person you rescue is now lvl 14 vs 18, so you can't even beat the level anymore because a lvl 14 is useless vs a lvl 18 walker!

Lumpisdead
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 568
    Yes easy balance for outpost @dinky Max level survivor allowed for attack or defense = your current training ground level.

FIXED !
    [Deleted User]
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    This removes the only reason to do hard and nightmare at all. Why would we bother wasting all the gas to get the perfect attempt, just to get a crappy survivor as a reward? We could use that same gas on other, easier and more rewarding missions to collect radios and get our own crappy survivor.
    Remember, you don't get cards on missions where you get a survivor. So this is literally like a kick in the balls.
    LumpisdeadRis
    @CindyLou the reason I think it is unbalanced is that you can no longer earn these survivors. I do not want to belittle the efforts of the players that had already reached the achievement, well played I say. However If the developer had published this change before the update, other people may have had a chance to complete the missions and earn the survivors. However, they did not mention this change at all.
    I honestly think it's the final straw for me, this game has such potential, just a shame that the devs seem to be doing all they can to ruin it!
    CindyLouLumpisdead
  • Metal_freakMetal_freak Member Posts: 36
    edited February 2016
    I got the scout level 18 before the update. Now I am playing episode 9 mission 6 on hard and my assult guy is level 9 ... conclusion he can get one hit K.O. by a walker level 15 ... nice one now the hard and nightmare rescue mission are more difficult and you have to rescue somebody with very very low level ...

I understand the part of the hero capped ... eheh we have increased the hero cap to level 16 but there are people with heroes level 18 and 19 eheh

Althought people that have these heroes have an obvious advantage from the others, specially in xp and resources farming which the prizes are higher for the same gas.
    Lumpisdead
    Bottom line, you can't have a balanced game if some ppl have a lvl 18 scout and you are denied from doing the same...

BluboyLumpisdead
    The rescue survivor mission will be a lot harder now, since the person we rescue can be killed so easy by the walker near him!
    Lumpisdead
    I agree @Bluboy

It probably is unbalanced now because no one can earn the advantage that some of us have earned. My point was that it wasn't unbalanced in the first place it was an earned advantage not some exploit. By taking the ability away to earn an advantage and make everyone the same level for outposts they challenge is gone in the game even if they take my survivors i earned away to balance everyone out it doesn't solve the global problem they created by taking away the reason to play nightmare and hard to solve a future smaller problem that arguably wasn't a problem that needed solving since everyone had the ability to earn it.
    Lumpisdead[Deleted User]
    it's 2 star survivor
    You can't manipulate the exploration levels with the higher level survivors. They match your highest level survivor. I don't farm episode 7 I complete level 18 exploration missions which leave my survivors hurt but I get to earn more xp and supplies. The game is harder for me. The point in earning them is They gave you an earned advantage in higher challenge missions and in the future, the outposts. It was something everyone could earn and something we all could work towards.
    zosonLumpisdead
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,454
    Game is unbalance since the smart ones kept the higher level characters and the late bloomers can't get the higher level characters.

I can't blame the devs on this, so many people complained regarding this as an exploit, having high level character to earn stars, etc. That we have no one to blame but ourselves. Everytime public opinion swings, the devs need to act. We as a user base is forcing them to act by complaining.
    If we complain and they don't act, we complain that they are not listening. If we complain and they act, we complain that they are not communicating. It's a no win situation for the devs.

Bluboy[Deleted User]LumpisdeadAndrius
This discussion has been closed.