Disappearing 40 call...

I was pushing hard and saving radios for one last final push for the 200 or so Carol Tokens with one last 40 call. Early Sunday morning, the call is gone. The 20 call is there, it gave me Maggie tokens. Great! I use Maggie more, but there isn’t a free weapon on the line for Maggie, This whole Carol “event” was well intentioned, but very poorly executed, IMO.
“Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
MadPuppy

Comments

• warwar Member Posts: 448
    I got 2x32 Glenn tokens on the Carol call.

You know, NG has made up their mind about everything. Post a suggestions, "We'll take note", whatever. It's their business. I'm tired of this game.
    MattOfEarth
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 618
    I know I said in another thread that the Spear wasn’t that great of a prize, and I stand by that assessment. However, I did try to get my Carol upgraded because I do find her leader trait useful at times. I got all 4 traits upgraded, I just needed a bit more tokens to go to legendary. 1 good 40 call could’ve got me there. Where did it go?

I’m leaning towards thinking that the show is ending very soon, therefore, this game will be disbanding soon as well. Everything from this point forward is nothing short of a “cash grab.” I’ll still get a $2 Gas Booster here and there, but the Twilight is upon us, friends.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    edited March 2018
    Even if they don't resolve the lawsuit with Kirkman, there are easily 2 seasons left on the show. I'm not saying they'll be good seasons, but AMC isn't giving up its' cash cow so quickly. Despite the fall in ratings, it's still the biggest show on AMC. And whatever NG has in the pipeline, TWD, is still the biggest thing they have going on. I don't think either is going away anytime soon. Whether they get better or not is a different question entirely.
    jimmorrison369
    “Soon” is relative. Just ask Teeceezy. The show has diverted so far from the base material at this point, anything is possible. The show won’t last past S9, if even that far. That makes the shelf life of this game about a year and a half.

Maybe NG can partner up with “Better Call Saul.”

• aaxt555aaxt555 Member Posts: 120
    Didn't the 40 call end on Friday? The timers shown on the calls are pretty clear.
    You’re probably right @aaxt555. My primary point is that aside from a small handful of Carol tokens available in the Distance, and 4 for TGs every shop restock, there wasn’t much other opportunity to acquire Carol tokens. Other than the 40 call, and the 20 call, which has yielded no Carol tokens for me.

• Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    Mine is 35 to make her epic, I wasnt even going to try
    MattOfEarth
  • aaxt555aaxt555 Member Posts: 120
    @MattOfEarth yeah I was on the first trait of epic. Did the distance twice on Tuesday, and had to buy extra tokens with 30 gold several times. The Carol rate from the 20 call was pretty bad.
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 246
    Well, it's working like intended

• ErmonDaxErmonDax Member Posts: 25
    It could be worse. I promoted Carol to Legendary on Feb 19, three days BEFORE the event started. I did manage to upgrade her first trait during the window but came up "only" 1471 tokens short of getting her to elite status. LOL