New challenge format

As a player with lvl19 characters and 1 pink star on 1 character, it won’t take long at all to max out. I count 13 missions until I’m facing opposition at 5 levels higher and every shot is a body shot. So you’re cutting my star count by 30%+

Maybe you should be doing the challenge like you do The Distance, with ultimate challenge for high level players and classic challenge for the rest of us

Comments

• xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,420
    Star count across the board won’t be a problem unless, the reward system is unbalanced to compensate for the drop in star count across the board.
    Jaden
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,424
    I wish I had your problem to max out early
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    xbamfxbigbeanoDBones
  • ReggieGRReggieGR Member Posts: 84
    One thing I would like to see is the basis for this permanent change.

Was there a statistically valid survey taken? Or was it based on a thread on this board with 30 or 40 replies?

Would NG kindly share the source of the overwhelming positive response to the ultimate challenge change?
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,650
    Okay, let’s all take a step back and acknowledge that his original complaint isn’t even valid. Given that his top survivors are level 19, he’ll actually start at RSL11.

He’s going to play
    16.1 16.2
    17.1 17.2
    18.1 18.2

Or 11 rounds until he even breaks even on RSL.

It’ll take 10 more rounds (for a total of 21 rounds) before he even gets to RSL+5, so his entire “I only get to play 13 rounds before it gets too hard” premise is simply incorrect.
    xbamfxcrambert_necJadenDBones
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,650
    For the sake of argument, let’s assume that he levels his survivors up to level 20 and he does only play 13 rounds before maxing out. He’ll probably earn 2 round passes which means he plays 11 rounds. Guess what? 11 rounds x 6 missions x 4-5 gas isn’t cheap! In fact, that’s about two full days of gas accumulation, assuming you don’t take breaks to sleep. You could easily spend Weds-Fri playing the challenge before peaking and Sat on the Distance. Sunday might end up being supply farming day, but maybe that’s not such a bad thing! More supplies = higher camp = stronger survivors = getting farther in challenges. Yay, logic!
    JadenDBones
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,420
    @JayZ thanks for that breakdown, I figured it wouldn’t be that much difference and I think most end gamers will see the biggest impact as far as star count. Again all that won’t be a significant issue as long as the rewards are scaled evenly to the new star count totals. I’m excited to see new game modes or be able to focus on the distance more rather then 1400 stars worth of senseless grind smh
    JayZJaden
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,496
    Btw...we need to download new update or it's done?
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • TheCrabTheCrab Member Posts: 88
    no you have to restart the game and it's done
    IGN : TheCrab
    Currently : Level 74
    Guild : Mavericks NOC
    David_H79