3 lvl 22+ start at lvl 17 just like lvl 23’s & 24’s

DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
Kaz advised today that players with at least 3 lvl 20's but no more than 2 lvl 23's will start at RSL 15

Players with 3 or more lvl 23's start at RSL 17

If you have AT LEAST 3 lvl 20's and NOT MORE THAN 2 lvl 22's DO NOT UPGRADE ANY MORE HERO's/SURVIVORS!!!

You are getting RSL 15
You are getting RSL 16
You are getting RSL 20.2
You are getting RSL 21.2

As a player with 3+ lvl 23's I don't get these RSL's. You effectively get 144 more stars than me. 4 rounds. This is the worst star loss I've ever seen. In my interview i found that 2 rounds wasn't so bad... 4 rounds is atrocious!!

I have lvl 23's so it's too late for me.

*EDITED to remove my opinion as well as update that change happens at 3 lvl 22's

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
| My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    A player with 2 lvl 23's and 1 lvl 22 can make it to RSL 27.1 (just like me) and will have 144 more stars than I do. Awesome.

Fill all the elite guilds in Mavericks with lvl 22, camp lvl 64 players because they're going to outscore those with camp lvl 68 based on this 4 extra rounds they get. Unbelievable.

In my interview I said I wasn't bothered by star loss because it was only 2 rounds (which was less than the 3 they had last time). Now it's 4 rounds which is by far the worst star loss I've ever seen!!!

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,530
    The forum and players for the grind to be fixed they rushed the grind issue and now we have lower level players out scoring max players.

@Dlich @Kaz has said that this isn't final and tweaks will be made. I am sure eventually they will rebalance it so that higher level players can earn more than lower level players, just at a smaller difference. I have no problems with a level 20 toon scoring say 1k while I am only scoring 1.4k. but a 22 scoring say 1600 to my 1400 would be bothersome. Basically I waited time and effort and money to get max to only be beat.
    I made my charts over a week ago!!! We find out the day of the challenge it’s wrong.

I’m not mad about redoing my charts. I’m mad that the star loss is 4 rounds. Worst it’s ever been!! 144 stars is a lot!!!

TeenahGee
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    cant agree with you on this one @JayZ
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    MattOfEarth
    @JayZ disagree bud the difference in scavenge missions is minimal from the jump. Distance run is well the biggest aspect it might impact you but if you are like me you stop at a certain point and call it a wraps which is legendary gear which I could obtain with 22s

• ignasignas Member Posts: 369
    > @Shteevie said:
    > Yeah, we haven't seen this in any of the game data we have collected since 2.4. The top star scorer every single week is a player with maxed survivors. Same goes for the top scoring free player, and the top scoring guilds. That's over 50 weeks of data, and the rumored "star loss" has never materialized.
    >
    > If you have more powerful survivors, you will get more stars by playing the same number of missions. If you have more powerful survivors and are being outscored, it's because other players are more skilled, trying harder, or have a better attack plan for the missions. The assumption that leveling those survivors and equipping the gear that becomes equipable with the training won't make the old "stopping point" round possible is unfounded. And now, with the new format, you can get there sooner in the week, and have more time to try again, even if you don't spend on healing.
    >
    > I appreciate the desire to help your guild do the best it can, but stopping yourself from playing the game isn't going to get you more stars.

I must disagree. You can’t see it Stevie because end players need to compensate the starts DLich is talking about by having 3 4 and 5 pink starts survivors.

But why you are punishing top players, God’s only knows.

I really feel sorry for those players with multiple 23 level survivors that are not having pink stars on them. They are in deep %^#*#^#
    MattOfEarth
    edited March 2018
    This thread is meant as informational not confontational.

With that being said, if I have 2 lvl 23 survivors and get to RSL 27.1 I'll get 794 perfect stars. If i upgrade 1 more to lvl 23 that same 27.1 becomes 650 perfect stars. That's 18% less stars for the exact same RSL. That's 144 stars. That's at least a challenge crate, deluxe challenge crate, token crate if not more.

IMO 20-21 starting at 15 is fine then you're only losing 2 rounds when you go to 22. Then 22 get 16 starting. Lose another 2 when you go to 23.

It just seems like such a large flux from a player with 2 lvl 23's compared to someone with 3 lvl 23's

ignasGuapoJenngCaptainslayer
    Shteevie said:

Yeah, we haven't seen this in any of the game data we have collected since 2.4. The top star scorer every single week is a player with maxed survivors. Same goes for the top scoring free player, and the top scoring guilds. That's over 50 weeks of data, and the rumored "star loss" has never materialized.

If you have more powerful survivors, you will get more stars by playing the same number of missions. If you have more powerful survivors and are being outscored, it's because other players are more skilled, trying harder, or have a better attack plan for the missions. The assumption that leveling those survivors and equipping the gear that becomes equipable with the training won't make the old "stopping point" round possible is unfounded. And now, with the new format, you can get there sooner in the week, and have more time to try again, even if you don't spend on healing.

I appreciate the desire to help your guild do the best it can, but stopping yourself from playing the game isn't going to get you more stars.

@Shteevie that is also based on how you are collecting the data. This is a sheer numbers its great a 10 star person can score way more than peeps with 22 survivors, but I am at 23 with 7 star toons which I had at level 22. So this data provided by @dlich impacts more people as more in my range than they are in the 10 star people. I can make any number look cool if I skew the data to my favor.

But if 22s are starting 4 rounds below me with 7 star toons they are only going maybe 1 RSL below me. So say I am hitting 31 with 23s then they are probably able to hit 30. So the 4 rounds are a big swing from the get go. In addition they have 2 23 toons so maybe if they out play me as you mention they can hit same point while starting lower. Food for thought but your post seemed to attempt to crush DLIch and you all removed the thread initially so you know there is some truth to it.
    JadenantJenng
  • mobbiemobbie Member Posts: 154
    Level 20 pinks almost 21 5 round pass starting at 19,3
    Players with 3+ lvl 23's will earn 4 RP's if they complete RSL 28.2
    Player with 2 lvl 23's will earn 4 RP's if they complete RSL 27.1
    Players with 2 lvl 23's will earn 5 RP's if they complete RSL 28.3

I already have multiple lvl 23's so it is what it is.

I'm just trying to help NG not get help tickets next week when players start at RSL 15 this week because they have 2 lvl 23's and they upgrade a 3rd and next week start at RSL 17, dont get to play 15,16,20.2,21.2 like they can now... and get to the same RSL they did this week and see they have around 144 less stars than they did.

I do believe data needs to be analyzed and nothing can be done this challenge to adjust it. I'm looking at it from a purely mathematical standpoint.

Guild mates with 2 lvl 23's who make it to the same RSL as me (28.1) will have more stars than me. They'll get promoted into the higher rank guilds even though they have less strength survivors. Again it is what it is; my goal was more or less just to make lvl 22's aware if they upgrade a 3rd they will get less stars making it to the same RSL

@dlich @Shteevie I see both sides of it, but the data Shteevie described is based on 1% of the game. D your data is based on what you do. So question becomes what star level are most players in the 20-24 range. I would guess that majority of players are 7 star toons. Shsteevie could you confirm this? If so that would give a more accurate way to display data as it applies to larger player base for the set range of toons. But the way you two addressed it are specific and you cant do that but instead look at the larger base. Problem is we don't know where most 22 level survivors are in terms of stars.
  • berg280berg280 Member Posts: 147
    when do triple rounds start for level 22s?
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,519
    Fair enough @Conan1976 and @Drunken - I might have a slightly different attitude on this.

For the record: I DO think that the star discrepancy is a problem. However, I just think it's a problem that will be fixed sooner rather than later (based on their experiences dealing with this in the past), so I think it's silly to try to "game the system" to get more stars for a week or two, when there will inevitably be a fix that puts players on more equal footing.
    DrunkenDBonesCronusJenng
    @JayZ

I would have agreed, but the answer Shteevie just gave makes me second guess it. But as I pointed out above you cant take the 1% in game with 10 star toons and say hey this is the parameter of what level 24 toons can do. Have to look at larger base which I would assume 22-24 toons are around 7 stars make up the largest percentage of that base area.
    CronusPig
    edited March 2018
    Everyone has 5 single rounds.

Everyone starts triple rounds at rsl 27

Everyone in between those two have double rounds. That’s how I read the original note at least.

So for those with 3 20’s through 2 23’s and lower get...

Single rounds 15,16,17,18,19
    Double rounds 20,21,22,23,24,25,26
    Triple 27+

Those with 3 23’s and up get

Single rounds 17,18,19,20,21
    Double rounds 22,23,24,25,26
    Triple 27+

@DLich you posted while I was typing, but see my post above. I think it's somewhat short-sighted to only look at the lower difficulties, but it's also important to consider what happens at the end of the challenge (now that it's way more reachable with the reduced grind).
    Jenng
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 369
    Why are you all considering level of survivors and not taking into account pink stars?

Compare player with 22 level survivors and 5 pink stars on them to guy with banch of 23 level survivors withou pink stars.

First one not only will get way more stars and almost extra RP but also will go further into challenge, so again gain more stars and RP
    ignas said:

Why are you all considering level of survivors and not taking into account pink stars?

Compare player with 22 level survivors and 5 pink stars on them to guy with banch of 23 level survivors withou pink stars.

First one not only will get way more stars and almost extra RP but also will go further into challenge, so again gain more stars and RP

Why would that be a comparison, though? Pink stars is not really relevant to this discussion. The question is: should players upgrade their level 22 survivors to level 23? We're not trying to compare two DIFFERENT players. It's not like we're trying to compare Movado's 4 pink star survivors to someone who doesn't have any pinks.

The fundamental question we are addressing is whether upgrading from level 22 disadvantages players.
    DLichbigbeanoJadenDBones
    I already have lvl 23’s. multiple and many. So honestly this doesn’t even effect me. But it will affect someone going from lvl 22 to lvl 23

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,508
    I don't need understand isn't this the case all the way through, so people with level 14 survivors going up to 15 or what ever would lose stars until they got enough of their people levelled up and gear then they will be able to do bette than the people who are level 14? Also if Level 22 people get 4 rounds at easier level if you have loads of 23's should you be able to go 4 higher rounds further or there abouts to cancel it out?
    David_H79
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    @JayZ I agree with you - starting level should not be tiered, it should based on your crew. But not the average of your highest 3 survivors, but based on the average level of the top third (or top 1/4) of your entire crew rounded down to the nearest whole number. That way you can have more than 2 at the next level before being pushed up.

In a pipe dream, I would also prefer to start at -2 or -3 RSL based on top 1/3 (1/4) of your crew, with double rounds at equal RSL, triple rounds at +4 RSL, and eliminate round passes altogether. But I fear this would negatively impact the low level players too much