Walter or Beth

Time to fish, no more cutting bait. Have been using Walter for a while, just got Beth on a roll, I’m torn.

anthony172SCBMA

Comments

• DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 725
    I personally don't like revenge but do like Beth over Walter
    bladgierTJSDanielBez
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,749
    Beth gets my vote. Perfect offensive traits :smile:
    DanielBezSCBMA
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    Like I said in another thread:

I like both.

Marksman is a bit overrated - it only affects the base damage. If it says 15% it's more like 6%... and it can be made up with badges.

Of course, vigilant is only useful if you overwatch. But with the combination of dodge and iron skin, that might be useful.

You might want to have a shooter without revenge because that is dangerous when there are ka-booms and Freemen around (might revenge against walkers attacking Freemen, practically helping the Freemen to avoid damage)... might also be a problem with Goo walkers since you might up ending revenge exploding them and stunning everyone in the circle, not just the one who was attacked.

If it is between these two, I would probably go with the Walter first and give him some damage badges to make up for the lack of marksman. Seems more versatile to me.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Jaden said:

If it says 15% it's more like 6%...

How is 15% more like 6% ?
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    Because it only affects the base damage and not the damage including weapon damage (or badges for that matter).

I can't find the thread with the calculations and in-depth analysis...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    @Jaden @Deadheads

Is this what you are looking for?
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/302628/#Comment_302628

According to this chart: ( found here )
    Base damage for a level 20 shooter with 5 ✮’s is 851
    4 ✮ Marksman is + 12% for ranged attacks.
    So according to data compiled so far:
    851 + 12% = 102.12 rounded down 102
    851 * 1.12 = 953.12

Many think it would be this way (assume you have a pistol that does 2100)
    (851 + 2100) *1.12 = 3305.12
    Actually it is:
    (851 * 1.12) + 2100 = 3053.12

Damage = (Base Damage * Marksman + Weapon + Badges Flat) * Badges %
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Jaden
    oh wow, had no idea! marksman is kinda worthless then, makes me rethink some things...
    ShadowaceAzkamilowaty
    Deadheads said:

oh wow, had no idea! marksman is kinda worthless then, makes me rethink some things...

It’s better than a kick in the ass, but not as helpful as some look at it to be.
    Kinda of frustrated I worked to get double pink before I learned this.
    Concordia

Jaden
  • ReggieGRReggieGR Member Posts: 84
    Thank you very much for this information.

Walter it is. Revenge is like incendiary on a weapon, a double edged sword. Iron skin and vigilant over revenge and marksman. I’ve got a few high damage badges I can apply once NG gives us a freebie badge switch event and I can stack dodge and iron skin with armor.

I thought marksman buff applied to total damage not just the base, glad I came to the boards and even happier you folks took the time to provide this valuable and probably not very well known information.

Thank you again, I’m sure I’ll be back for more enlightenment as I progress in this game.
    Jaden
    I’m just sharing the work of those whom have taught me.
    Concordia

Jaden
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,165
    I vote for Beth

I am the one and only Zee Black, climbed all the way to Level 75, part of SG Woot, the 3 million star guild