Perfect weapon traits per class

So, just curious. What traits would you like to see on a weapon to make it perfect for you?
Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
Mgoff54Kaz

Comments

• warlordfwarlordf Member Posts: 220
    it depends on the map but maybe for hunters : incendiary, piercing and large caliber, for shooters: charging, destructive and lethal or high power and for assault maybe wide accurate and lethal. Waiting for melee expert players suggestions.
    Conan1976
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,408
    100% agree with @japes except for luck I didn't realize people still look for luck on weapons considering for most traits it only adds an extra 4.5% chance
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    romeo
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402

100% agree with @japes except for luck I didn't realize people still look for luck on weapons considering for most traits it only adds an extra 4.5% chance

You’d have to bring in @jimmorrison369 to get the details, however the way I hear and understand, luck still works based on old formula for certain Critical Chance stuff.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

jimmorrison369
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    If memory serves, I think @Shteevie confirmed that luck stacks with critical chance, not a percent of a percent, and is the only trait that luck stacks with (other than survivor lucky). Also, with high chance traits such as threat reduction, luck on weapon and survivor makes it near 100%
    bigbeano
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,461
    Agree with Japes' list with two major differences:

Assaults: my unicorn weapon is silver lethal (sometimes lucky to interact with Sasha's trait), gold piercing, and gold spread

Shooters: silver range, gold charging, and gold destructive is AMAZING. My Shooter does ~35k crit damage without the class bonus, which absolutely shreds special walkers. With Sasha and the charging trait, my Shooter is launching a crit attack almost every turn.
    Conan1976Japes87romeoDBones
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Is there still crit chance at high RSL?

Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.

Is there still crit chance at high RSL?

Yes on charged shots and yes with Piercing.
    Concordia

Conan1976romeo
    @ShadowaceAz
    I should have said, for non ranged as relevant to the post above. Too late to edit really.

Charged shots is 100% in certain cases eg hunter ;)

It was listed for scouts above and someone mentioned crit chance in that context. Obviously pierced bullets would not have effect in this instance.

jimmorrison369
    edited March 2018

@ShadowaceAz
    I should have said, for non ranged as relevant to the post above. Too late to edit really..

@I_Am_Psycho

Level 19 scout gets cries on level 25 walker.
    Level 19 warrior getting cries on level 25/26/27 walkers.

Concordia

romeo
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    edited March 2018
    @I_Am_Psycho with every pink star the RSL difficulty level where critical chance increases by 1. So 1pink +6, 2pink +7, 3pink +8, 4pink +9 and 5pink +10... Any piercing weapon including M Katina and ranged as well as badges all increase critical chance.

Besides the M Katina I'm not sure if there is another melee piercing weapon or if Carol's leader trait stacks @jimmorrison369 may have that answer.
    Guys. I'm a forum regular. I know about ASL.

And that only adds one level per pink star.

That is not a scout it is a warrior. And actually warriors have a differen mechanic that makes crit chance viable.

jimmorrison369bigbeano
    I was saying that at level 27, my 1 pink level 19 (ASL 20) scout couldn't rely on luck for crit chance. For other traits yes, but not crit. I did say high RSL.

I'm tired and travelling so perhaps I was easily misunderstood.

edited March 2018
    @I_Am_Psycho I don't use scouts except Glenn to farm in distance and outpost raids. But if you use scouts have you tried it with Carol in leader??

Doesn't her trait increase critical chance?
    edited March 2018
    @CBgaming1969
    My initial post wasn't clear.

I was referring to the 3rd post in the thread and the reply to it. Luck was suggested for scouts, and someone else said it is good for crit chance when that suggestion was queried.

I wouldn't use Carol as leader at RSL 27 in that instance.Her trait has no purpose except for warrior charge hits and pierced bullets (maybe there is something else but as stated ... tired zzz zzz).

I am not seeking guidance on how to use scouts.

jimmorrison369
    @I_Am_Psycho I confused temporarily ASL & RSL...as for luck, scouts and critical chance I think luck would only be good with Carol in leader position but not really any other scout...definitely wouldn't put a critical chance badge on any other scout.
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 366
    > @JayZ said:
    > Shooters: silver range, gold charging, and gold destructive is AMAZING. My Shooter does ~35k crit damage without the class bonus, which absolutely shreds special walkers. With Sasha and the charging trait, my Shooter is launching a crit attack almost every turn.

Wouldn’t that be better?
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,461
    @ignas that is a nice weapon indeed! For me, I prefer to have the range. I also don't like piercing in some situations as it can negate Sasha's ability. If I were to take away the range, I would actually prefer silver Lucky to interact with Sasha's trait and with Charging.
    ignasDBones
    @ignas I agree with @JayZ here. Great weapon, but having silver luck allows for quicker charging when paired with Sash as leader. I would even go so far as to say that silver destructive, gold charging, gold luck is slightly better. A shooters charged attack is guaranteed critical, so piercing is not applicable. Many times you can use the charged attack, fire off a massive hit, then fire the second shot which will likely be a body shot at higher levels. Because Sasha (enhanced by luck), the body shot results in a charge point, and because charging (enhanced by luck), the shooter is now charged again for the next turn. I've done this before, and it seemed 3 out 4 turns my shooter re-charged.
    JayZCronusbigbeanoromeo
    @The_Jer
    That's what I meant this morning, but I wasn't able to explain it fully like you have. I daftly assumed others would realise I meant that, when I attempted to quickly clarify while waiting for a train.

I'm paying close attention to this thread as I've recently chosen to push on with training and want to choose best gear to upgrade as I get it.

Piercing for ranged is one of my top wants, as long as it has gold spread/wide calibre/range (don't mind silver range tho).

I get to play with scouts and bruiser more now, and there are several variations that I've identified as desirable. I will definitely be giving threat reduction a try.

jimmorrison369
    @I_Am_Psycho I'm with you on the piercing trait - almost all of my ranged weapons have the trait. It definitely helps with reducing body shots at high levels, and also helps when facing armored walkers. And while many say that piercing reduces the effectiveness of Sasha's trait, I would rather put the walker down to earn the charge point as opposed to earning one with a body shot.

Threat reduction is great situationally. I find it to be very useful when at levels +3/4/5 to reduce the spawns. Levels below that I don't care about the spawn because my guys can handle the spawns with ease, and above those levels body shots start making melee very risky - no kill, no threat reduced, and the scout is subject to punishment
    jimmorrison369Cronus
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    @The_Jer That shooter/Sasha situation doesn't exactly work as you described. The charging trait only gives you the possibility of an extra charge point on a kill, not a body shot. So if you don't have piercing, you gotta make sure your second shot is on an enemy with very low health so you can kill it to potentially get the bonus.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    jimmorrison369

@The_Jer That shooter/Sasha situation doesn't exactly work as you described. The charging trait only gives you the possibility of an extra charge point on a kill, not a body shot. So if you don't have piercing, you gotta make sure your second shot is on an enemy with very low health so you can kill it to potentially get the bonus.

I am sorry to say, you might rack up some disagree points on that one. However I’m simply going to let the quote + this image do the talking.

I have no idea why you say Body Shots won’t give a % chance and it has to be a kill. Both of those statements are in contradiction with the trait description.

Concordia

This is exactly why I was using Sasha as lead with two assaults once I got to +5 ASL in the last challenge.
    Concordia

Very nice @JayZ
    JayZ