Pull ad or let the discussion continue.

The anti abortion ad. First is not giving me my reward!!! 2nd in America we have Roe vs Wade. 3rd where is any adoption ads. 4th abortion should not be contraceptive. 5th I'm drunk. Only alcoholics will get last statement. State rights, women rights! Will continue to post about this ad as long as i see this ad. Yes, I jumped on my high horse. Should of posted this long ago.
Rbredtflyingcowkingl2wannabeADPaqGovernatorAlexFiliUK

Comments

• KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited March 2018
    @T_storm69 It's exactly what @flyingcowking said (And thank you for that! :D).

So if you felt that one ad is somehow inappropriate or is not working as it should, feel free to contact our in-game support and they'll contact our ad providers to get that ad removed from the game.

Remember to take a screenshot of the Ad end screen so we can know which provider is showing you this ad.

Thank you for the report and sorry for the trouble!
    flyingcowkingl2wannabeGovernatorT_storm69
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    So if I find an ad just plain annoying I can contact in game support and they will remove it? That's pretty cool!! B) B)

Dilly Dilly!
    THCrossJadenCaptainslayerAlexFiliUK
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    Interesting, I've never even seen this ad. I wonder if it has to do with geographic locations? I live in an area that is generally considered far more liberal than say, "the Bible Belt" of America. I'm glad I don't see that ad - I'd probably be just as annoyed with it as the OP.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    l2wannabeJadenKaz
  • l2wannabel2wannabe Member Posts: 546
    Religion and politics should not be ads run in games...it's inappropriate and exploitative.
    Rbredtrustynaildlb
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Haven't seen the ad. Making religion and politics off limits seems dumb to me either way.
    dlbl2wannabe
  • abailey362abailey362 Member Posts: 304
    haven't seen this one either - and i'm in the heart of the bible belt

some ads use user data to show you relevant ads to your browsing habits........
    abailey362 - TheHerdReturned - part of #THR Family

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,397
    I guess a picture of a coat hanger would not be an okay ad?
    Captainslayer
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 299
    edited March 2018
    Moronic op. Its called freedom of speech. Move to China or Iran if censorship gives you wood.
    RbredtT_storm69JadenbigbeanoSleeperyJeemCaptainslayerl2wannabeRanger85DrUnpleasantKyrusiamedgeJayZ
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 281
    Why not promoting your new game, NG?

• ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 334
    dlb said:

Moronic op. Its called freedom of speech. Move to China or Iran if censorship gives you wood.

Freedom of speech where? The game is global, perhaps the OP is based in China or Iran already..

As for these scumbag ads, they're always the ones that screw you over and don't give the reward.
    RbredtT_storm69Jadendlb
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402

I haven’t watched an ad in more than half a year. I just turn my phone over and do something else for 30 seconds. I find that equally rewarding as what I find in the crate when I get back.

Potty breaks and coffee refills.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

flyingcowking
  • T_storm69T_storm69 Member Posts: 49
    NG response to me was exceptional. I agree with most responses. Not trying to overthrow freedom of speech. It's more of the fact of what you're talking about in the aspect of the game. My boy was a premature birth 4 lb 11 oz. Spent 2 weeks in NICU. No hospital doctor nurse in any organization would ever abort a preemie. The picture they show on the ad is a preemie. I hope nobody has to see this ad again. It's also misleading. I called the number to try to get information. They said it was a helpline and they cannot give me any information on their organization or ads which they purchase. Off of my high horse...i lead him to water. Hopefully he drinks.
    Jadenl2wannabe
    Let's hope Chuck is on our team!

Concordia

bigbeanoTHCross
    T_storm69 said:

NG response to me was exceptional. I agree with most responses. Not trying to overthrow freedom of speech. It's more of the fact of what you're talking about in the aspect of the game. My boy was a premature birth 4 lb 11 oz. Spent 2 weeks in NICU. No hospital doctor nurse in any organization would ever abort a preemie. The picture they show on the ad is a preemie. I hope nobody has to see this ad again. It's also misleading. I called the number to try to get information. They said it was a helpline and they cannot give me any information on their organization or ads which they purchase. Off of my high horse...i lead him to water. Hopefully he drinks.

As a parent of a child with a severe illness, i really do feel your pain. However, you are absolutely incorrect in stating that no one would ever abort a preemie. There are legions of abortion zealots who would gleefuly approve abortion within days of birth. The only thing stopping late term abortions are laws against them. Ill have to take your word on the pic since i have not seen it. But there is nothing misleading about it considering such abortions are only one election away.
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 573
    edited April 2018
    I had similar feelings about an ad in the UK that was promoting an anti-Brexit campaign. I'm pretty on the fence around the issue itself (plenty of arguments for or against) but don't particularly welcome an advert with an overt political stance. Generally speaking, on TV or whatever then I don't really care - as long as there is balance and limits on campaign spend. However, in a game it's just weird.
    JadenShadowaceAz
    Yes, just pull everything that makes certain people butthurt because censorship and bullying is the perfect response when people lack the intellectual and emotional maturity to engage in debate.
    RealClareBl2wannabeKyrusShadowaceAzJayZ
  • flyingcowkingflyingcowking Member Posts: 409

That would explain all the ads of nude men I get.
    Flatulent person
    l2wannabeJadenDBonesshaunatthepub
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited April 2018
    Wow, dudes, go easy there!

Removing one ad that talks about a sensitive topic shouldn't be a problem for us. And Ads, in a game, at least as far as I know, should be as neutral as possible. They should promote games and other Apps only.

We are very open to listening to every feedback, but we know for a fact that the odds of a sensitive-topic discussion ending badly are huge, and it's because people have very strong opinions about those topics.

The problem in question was already solved and if someone ever felt that a specific Ad is inappropriate, contact support and take a screenshot of the Ad end screen so we can know which provider is showing you that ad. It's not up to us to judge your stands/beliefs. However, it's up to us to create a friendly environment for every single player.

And...

This is accurate.

Of course, since it's a robot deciding which ad you are going to watch, you can end up in a situation where you are getting exactly the opposite of what you would like to have, but that's why we still have humans operating those I guess, haha (and this is another sensitive topic).
    JadenShadowaceAzjimmorrison369
    @Jaden 3 disagrees is not slapping them left and right. It's simply indicating that i do not agree with statements. Do i not have the right to disagree? Why engage in such hyperbole because i disagree with a few statements?

Im so impressed that you have third sight that enables you to see into my mind and know, without asking any questions or having any knowledge of me at all, my internal motivations. This is the faceless internet, no one is silenced by anyones opinions but their own.

Google the turm butthurtt. Its a very efficient term that accurately describes the reactions of many complaining about the ad. I stand by it 100%. However, i did regret moronic after @T_storm69 posted his clarification (sorry, man). So, thank you for compelling me to rethink it.

@Kaz pulling any ad should be incredibly difficult just because a few people complain. I have seen all kinds of ads, both left and right, and i have not thrown a single temper tantrum demanding their removal. Unless company policy mandates zero political ads, you would be caving in to fascism.
    Belgarath
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    I don't see this as being about censorship or freedom of speech or anything else like that, I see it as a mobile video game , this is not FB. If people post stuff I don't like , I unfollow them or debate or whatever, ads in video games should be for products or services and I don't think religion, politics, or any other divisive ads should be at play. Either side of the fence you sit on
    JadenDodkong
    @Jaden i see your irony and raise you hypocrisy. You claim i am trying to shame people into silence as you try shame me into silence. When you say that fredom of speech only app,ies to government, i know that i am dealing with an intellectual lightweight. As a private landowner i cannot discriminate in rental decisions because the constitution applies to everyone. Yas, ng can establish rules for ads. But when angry mobs attempt to force them to remove ads because they disagree with the context, fascism exists. Ng has not stated if all political ads are banned, so the jury is still out. Please also google metaphor. I was not speaking of an actual errection.
    Bill_ZRTBelgarathRealClareBJadenJayZKyrusbigbeano
    @jaden,

Trying to save @dlb's fingers a bit of work.

http://bfy.tw/HUMX
    Concordia

MadPuppyJadenbigbeano
This discussion has been closed.