Upgrading Scavenger

Hello there!
Is this absolutely waste of time, tomatoes and patience?
I upgraded it and it is totally useless... Nothing that was promised and described in 2.10 update...
RealClareBnaterator_WTAhunter_x

Comments

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    You can still get common components from Trade Shop component offers??
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    DanielBez said:

Hello there!

Is this absolutely waste of time, tomatoes and patience?

I upgraded it and it is totally useless... Nothing that was promised and described in 2.10 update...

When you went to the TG store about bought a component pack, it had common items? Because that's all it's supposed to do. Affect the purchase of component packs.

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Pain Walker
    - Scavenger
    An upgrade to the Scavenger Building, which requires Council 23, will increase the chances of finding higher rarity Components in Mission Crates. Players with the upgraded Scavenger will also no longer find Common Components in the Components Shop.
    That's all it says, so what did it do?

Concordia

• Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,515
    Also increase the % of getting components in post mission crates.

Playing Events Only? Come and play with Token ManiacRRs . We only do Events! NO BOARDS!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    TJS
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    You upgrade to spend built up toes and building points for next upgrades...upgrade now when you have toes to waste versus later...

Eventually something else will probably be tied to it such as the coming soon in the badge section of the craftsman...
  • DanielBezDanielBez Member Posts: 117
    > @Pain_Walker said:
    > Also increase the % of getting components in post mission crates.

Sorry Pain, but since my upgrade last Tuesday, I only received 2 epic components... So... I think it is not a good choice upgrade it...
    > @ShadowaceAz said:
    > - Scavenger
    > An upgrade to the Scavenger Building, which requires Council 23, will increase the chances of finding higher rarity Components in Mission Crates. Players with the upgraded Scavenger will also no longer find Common Components in the Components Shop.
    >
    > That's all it says, so what did it do?

My component shop still shows "random components" so still have a chance.to win 1 or 2 stars components...
    @DanielBez

I guess if you've finished upgrading all other buildings you may as well upgrade your scavenge building rather than sit on max supplies.

I find it strange that you say you still have a chance of common components from the component bundles in trade shop.

Could you please post a screen shot of your drop rates from one of those bundles.

I haven't upgrading my scavenge building yet but common components should be removed from the drop rates.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    DanielBezGovernator
    (Chanting)

Screen shot... Screen shot... Screen shot..

The crowd is anxious!
    Concordia

jimmorrison369DanielBezJadenGovernator
    edited March 2018
    As you can see, 10% chance of 2 stars components...
    TJS
    DanielBez said:

As you can see, almost 11% chance of 2 stars components...

Yes, but 0% of common, and that's what it is supposed to do.
    Concordia

DanielBezGovernatorxbamfx
    > @ShadowaceAz said:
    > As you can see, almost 11% chance of 2 stars components...
    >
    > Yes, but 0% of common, and that's what it is supposed to do.

Still,
    Don't upgrade it!!!!

So you increased the odds of 2 or higher by 100%.
    Single star components make up 37% Chance without the upgrade.
    Concordia

DanielBez said:

Still,
    Don't upgrade it!!!!

You will have to at some point to have enough base points to keep going. That's the way it works, same as walker pit and TG tower.
    Concordia

DanielBezTJS
  • naterator_WTAnaterator_WTA Member Posts: 22
    Worthless upgrade. Did it before workshop because I thought there would be a greater effect. Still inundated with common garbage all the time. No epic components, 1 legendary, 1 rare. 3 challenges of 30+ rounds. Still no noticeable increase in rarity
    Watch Tower Alliance Cabinet - WT ???
    DanielBezT_storm69Governator
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for posting the screen shot @DanielBez

Atleast common components were removed as they should have been.
    (From Drop Rates Chart in Component Bundles)

Like @ShadowaceAz said, you'll have to upgrade the building at some stage, I would just recommend to others to leave it till last.

*edited to add (***)
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    DanielBezGovernatorDBones
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 624
    I don’t know if it’s related or not, but I have noticed an increase in rarity and frequency of badge bits after upgrading. Could be observation bias. I do still get the Common stuff, but the increase in Epic and Legendary stuff makes things less frustrating.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    TJSSCBMA
    > @MattOfEarth said:
    > I don’t know if it’s related or not, but I have noticed an increase in rarity and frequency of badge bits after upgrading. Could be observation bias. I do still get the Common stuff, but the increase in Epic and Legendary stuff makes things less frustrating.

As I said before, since last Tuesday, just two epic components, no fragments. Round 30 in challenge... And I'm still receiving common stuff...
    Governator
    Increased 'Chance' of finding higher lvl components....not guaranteed.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    MattOfEarth
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 550
    It would be nice if you could sell off your common garbage! Only way I know of is to equip them and then trash them.
  • BelgarathBelgarath Member Posts: 105
    You can scrap badges in the Craftsman in the badges tap, by using the red bin icon...
    CBgaming1969
    @Camel56
    All badges, rarity not factored, will be the same xp returned.

You will then have to scroll down past all your Equipped badges.

Just like trashing/scrapping equipment
    Concordia

CBgaming1969Camel56
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 550
    Thank You @ShadowaceAz and @Belgarath , I feel really dumb now! I don't ever remember seeing the "trashcan" in that building before.
    Belgarath
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,908
    Has anyone seen if the crafting percentages improve with the building upgrade? My Scavenger Building is upgrading, so I took some “before” pics of the crafting percentages just to check.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,908

Has anyone seen if the crafting percentages improve with the building upgrade? My Scavenger Building is upgrading, so I took some “before” pics of the crafting percentages just to check.

My Scavenger building just finished. The percentage chance of getting a badge of the same rarity as the fragment/components didn't change. :disappointed:

Oh, well... I was hoping to see even a small improvement.
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    @Governator It's not supposed to increase any percentages of crafting, just slightly higher percentages of getting higher rarity components from post-mission crates. Personally I haven't seen a noticeable difference in the upgraded scavenger (I've had it a little while now), but a guildmate who has done crazy grinding for badge stuff feels like he can see a difference (he's gotten a fair amount of gold components and badge frags). NG has taught me to not expect much, so I did the requisite amount of tomato farming for the upgrade (and got gear, xp, and badge bits while doing so) and if things are better, I guess they're better without me noticing it. :/
    After one week and one day, I just found two epic components with my scavenger upgraded... These are the best results so far... What a shame, NG!
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    First cinema after scavenger upgrade= common component...WOOT!WOO
    bigbeanoDanielBezGovernator