Brace yourselves! The storm of hate for the challenge is coming! lol

Comments

• hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 340
    I hate this challenge
    masmith93
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,739
    I'm enjoying it to an extent. I've loaded my best assault and scout with damage reduction and they're capped. Assault has revenge and scout has retaliate so it's fun to run in, attack, take a tiny bit of damage and then for revenge/retaliate both to trigger and see the freemen hit the deck. Might not be as fun when body shots start kicking in!

Still, I do like a challenge map where you go toe to toe trading blows rather than shooting from distance and then looking for spawn blocks.
    anthony1721RisKarajocasbf
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 358
    I was excited to see a map I haven't played before but not anymore. L20 survivors and after 3 RP started on level 18. Third map in and I got bruised due to the crappy auto-cover. 5th map...same deal. Did finally manage to finish my 12 missions for quest with 3 stars but had to replay a couple of them twice and 1 of them took 3 tries to come out perfect.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
  • Nick37Nick37 Member Posts: 477
    No gas boosters for me this week, no point when the hospital is full & my survivors are all black & blue. At least it gives me time to do real life things.
    SPC_TORRESJadenPapacasJenng
  • BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263
    Interrupt works well on this challenge, combined with overwatch and patience. All bruiser teams work well on several of the missions if you've been taking care of your bruisers. Tactical play absolutely is possible; there are a couple of missions where you can pick off the ones who are in range, wait for the first spawn, charge up on those and then either go frag the remaining freemen or wait till the spawns draw them out of cover.

This challenge requires more thought than most but isn't impossible or even unreasonably difficult. It's not surprising that people are having to replay some missions at an earlier level than usual, given how long it is since this mission was last played. Yes, a lot of people have thrown away gear that would help in this challenge - all the more reason for there to be less than 2 years before the next replay.

Autoplay? Yes, that can be annoying but all you have to do is use the two steps in a toon's turn to get around it.

Sitting this one out? Jeez. You lose and get to look petulant at the same time.
    PigBenis1RistabernacGovernatorbigbeanoanthony172TeenahGee
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    edited April 2018
    Thurs morning 540plus stars in to challenge lost first mission.

Freeman placements are very inconsistent...
    Overwatch works inconsistently...
    Walkers go after mer more than them...
    Amount of freemen is also inconsistent...

Still love/hate, hate/love relationship with this challenge.
    edited April 2018
    I only started playing this game last year, so this is the first time I've ever seen this challenge. Took a damage point in the 1st round on two different challenges because they were all new and different. Replayed those, regained the star, 3 stars each challenge all the way since, several rounds later. It'll get harder but it always does.

What are people complaining about? There's a range of ways to play this game, some suit one situation, others another. If you've neglected some aspects of the game, time to adapt.
    kamilowatyPigBenis1RisMabikiDodkong
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,299
    edited April 2018
    Easy money so far. The entire map is easy. Your only hard one is preventive measures because you have to kill all before he opens the gate. The rest just stun and hold out till you reach the end.
    Boukephaloskamilowatysbf
    avelardez said:

Your only hard one is preventive measures because you have to kill all before he opens the gate. .

Interesting thing, there. While walkers are still ignoring stunned freemen everywhere else, I find they do attack the stunned freeman trying to open the gate. Two rounds in a row, now, I've had a walker stop by that guy and attack him, not my bruiser standing right beside him. Meanwhile, all the other stunned freemen on the same map being ignored as usual.
  • PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    Well I have to hate a challenge that does not allow me to not get bruised almost from start. Maybe it is lack of skill or roster depth from my side, but I am entitled to hate it anyways. Seems like gold milking from NGs, if nothing else.

Nevertheless, I feel a bit trapped or forced into playing it. Last week I got to #1 in Portugal for the first time. I pale to compare to so many players here but well, Portugal is quite small. So I cannot slow down now... let the slaughter (of my survivors) continue, at least till the few sanity that I still have is not gone!
    KarajocaJenng
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,739
    @Kaz

I'm in the I'm enjoying it camp. I like a challenge and I'm a bit of a sadist with my survivors, I've loaded them with damage reduction so it's fun to see them take a beating and not crumple like a piece of paper. I'll take an archives type map over lost bunker any day! I've called for older map sets in the past so I'm glad you brought one back, more please!

My only comment would be for consistency, there are traits in this game like bullet dodge, bullet proof, sniper harness which we have avoided like the plague since we get a freeman map once every 6 weeks. So to go from that to this freemen riddled challenge has left many people woefully unprepared! I don't want to hunt down and upgrade some armour with bullet proof and training gear this weekend only for it to be collecting dust for months :lol:
    PapacasKaz1RisKratos
  • PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    @karajoca Would you care to elaborate on what you disagree about? Or is it a "just because" kind of disagree?
    edited April 2018
    @Kaz it's a love/hate, hate love challenge...

The freemen placements could be more consistent...

Would be more fun with updated dead of night graphics;)

Still way easier than that 20 tank and 10 armor two spaces away from your starting position hilltop mission and the 3 freemen starting 2 spaces away mission in that same challenge.
    KazDanski_46
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423

@Kaz it's a love/hate, hate love challenge...

Would be more fun with updated dead of night graphics;)

Oh, yeah, sorry! I forgot to answer your comment there!

I think it requires more development than only pressing one button to change the weather/time. But if it's an easy thing to do, definitely we can do it. Anyway, let me see what can be done about that. :)

BTW, you are on the love or the hate part? :P
    CBgaming1969bigbeano
    Both @Kaz i both love to hate it and hate that i love it...
    Kazbigbeano
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    @DBones you forgot that walkers are ignoring stunned freemen.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    bigbeanoignas
  • SleeperyJeemSleeperyJeem Member Posts: 110

Both @Kaz i both love to hate it and hate that i love it...

Well said!

If you had done this as an experiment, and included fast healing, I would be enjoying this much more. As it is, I’m glad I’ve taken the time to upgrade backups for my most played survivors. Three stars on any of these are mostly luck once you get above your survivor level. The walkers aren’t helping against the freemen as much as they usually do, possibly because there’s too many ranged freemen on the maps, so they all get killed off.

• Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,090
    This challenge could have been more fun to play if we could move badges around to experiment with different classes. 15 gold per swap is too much to do this.
    Healing times also could have been reduced as others have said, again it's gold related, pay or don't play.
    Question, do Next games actually proof play these challenges?
    edited April 2018
    Use of cover is a strategy some players like...there is gear that enhances that strategy...In a real world zombie apocalypse and with both walkers and a'hole maniacs trying to kill you, well lets just say "cover is your friend"...

Happy walker and freemen killing...

PS. I haven't had any auto-cover yet, just some places I can move to get in cover...

PSS. Isn't part of this game about making safe strategic moves???
    1Ris