New Year's Resolutions

... @DoTak :D :D

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
--> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
TJSJadenbigbeanoTHCross

Comments

• @capibara

    Please heed the advise of Teddy.

"Do not buy one from a backyard breeder, they are used inhumanly and the females are basically mills used for litter after litter and all she can do is watch her children be sold off!

Pet stores do not want people to realize that at least 95% of the “merchandise” is born in Capybara mills, infamous for the cruel treatment of Capybara. Purchasers of capibara-mill pups often pay a very high price both financially and emotionally when they discover their new pet comes to them with an illness or congenital defect. The smart consumer will boycott any pet store that sells capybara—both small family-owned stores and large chains. As of April 2011, federal law still does not require any breeder that sells directly to the public—over the Internet or otherwise—to be inspected to ensure that breeder capybara are cared for humanely. Capybara millers will continue to take advantage of this until Congress closes the loophole. If you decide to buy a capybara directly from a breeder, limit your search to breeders within driving distance. The only way to be absolutely certain that the parents of your prospective capybara are healthy, socialized and well cared for is to see the breeder’s home and capybara yourself.

Keeping a capybara as a pet, is nothing like having a pet cat or dog. Cats and dogs have been domesticated over possibly as long as 35,000 years and have evolved so that they can coexist with humans and still have their emotional and physical needs met. This is not the case with capybaras, who have evolved over 30 million years to be herd animals and to understand the communications and behaviour they encounter in the wild and from other capybaras.

Levels of the stress hormone cortisol are much higher in some wild animal species kept as pets and bonded with humans than in these species when they are bonded with other members of their own species. From my observations I suspect the same is true with capybaras. I certainly know of one capybara whose life is very stressful because he is bonded with humans.

Capybaras are intensely social, herd animals. They are very complex and sophisticated emotionally. They are also highly intelligent, at least as intelligent as the most intelligent dogs.

As herd animals they need a constant companion. If a capybara’s primary bond is with a human and he becomes separated from that human, the separation anxiety the capybara experiences is far more intense than that of a dog. For this reason if you care about the capybara’s happiness you must be prepared to be with him/her day and night. Not many people have the time and commitment needed to have a pet capybara.
    "

When interviewed by Rolling Stones Magazine this is what Teddy had to say. "There is a great deal of misinformation and inaccurate information about us on the Internet."

"We need the bonding and love only our herds can provide."
        -Teddy the Hugging Capybara

Teddy is a trained Capybara therapist and he knows what his people need!
    descensus in cuniculi cavum
    vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Omnes homines dignitate et iure liberi et pares nascuntur, rationis et conscientiae participes sunt, quibus inter se concordiae studio est agendum.
    capibaraJadenTHCross
  • capibaracapibara Member
    Lol...yes, i agree @ShadowaceAz ...i would never buy a capy of course. In Europe you can't also have an exotic pet.

I shared this pic i've found in google while i was searching for "capybara mask"... and i said... "lol!... DoTak"... :D :D
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member
    edited April 9
    @capibara
    you maybe looking at it all wrong...... it's not an exotic pet.

it's an Emotional Support Animal wink wink
    Due to the stress NG as caused

capibaraJadenShadowaceAzTHCross
  • Hmm, I thought I bought one already.
    Retired, but not entirely dead.
    "Really? Good luck with that!"
    capibaraTHCross
  • While they do have some loveable traits, before I can discuss this with my wife, I have a few questions.

Can they be trained to;
    1. Open doors
    2. Pickup Objects
    3. Bring you the phone
    4. Sign for medical shipments
    5. Most important select the proper beer from the fridge
    Thanks for any feedback while I still consider what comfort/rescue/working pet I need.

I'm still leaning towards miniature horses because that would just be awesome!

The Therapeutic Value of Horses
    descensus in cuniculi cavum
    vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Omnes homines dignitate et iure liberi et pares nascuntur, rationis et conscientiae participes sunt, quibus inter se concordiae studio est agendum.
    capibaraTHCross
  • While they do have some loveable traits, before I can discuss this with my wife, I have a few questions.

Can they be trained to;

1. Open doors
    2. Pickup Objects
    3. Bring you the phone
    4. Sign for medical shipments
    5. Most important select the proper beer from the fridge
    Thanks for any feedback while I still consider what comfort/rescue/working pet I need.

I'm still leaning towards miniature horses because that would just be awesome!

The Therapeutic Value of Horses
    Oh yeah... they are also great sommelier... :)

ShadowaceAzTHCrossDodkong