Hunter without Sure Shot?

aaxt555aaxt555 Member Posts: 120
I have a hunter that I’ve been using (currently 1 pink), and I almost have enough tokens to double pink her. Unfortunately she doesn’t have Sure Shot (her traits are dodge, marksman, ruthless, vigilant, lucky). Now I don’t terribly mind the vigilant with her since I do overwatch a lot with my ranged survivors, but I’m wondering if the lack of Sure Shot should be a dealbreaker in investing more tokens.

Comments

• tabernactabernac Member Posts: 805
    A dealbreaker? For me, absolutely not.
    aaxt555
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    It really depends on your gameplay and how hard you want to push on the challenge/Distance. Crits will stop at RSL ~+5 so if you are planning to play high RSL then it isn't necessary(actually it would be a waste). If you play on RSL 1-4 regularly then sure shot would help but you can always get that crit chances somewhere else (weapon traits and badges)

aaxt555
  • aaxt555aaxt555 Member Posts: 120
    @mik81 that’s what I figured. Badged up, she can pretty much one-shot RSL +4 anyway, so crits don’t matter much there for me.
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    I don't care about critical chances currently in any of my survivors. On RSL +4 don't really need crits, and when I need them the most they are not happening due to body shots. Piercing is there of course but it doesn't make sense to me to go high on crit chances and then had to rely on piercing (30% on gold) to get some crits... Most of the time on those lvls I actually want to get body shots so Sasha can trigger her leader trait.

The traits that I'm looking on a hunter are: Revenge, Ruthless, Marksman, and Luck.
    Revenge: in a turn base game an extra attack is always nice. On high RSL where your tank will take hits this trait is valuable.
    Ruthless: Crits are guaranteed, so again on high RSL where your normal attacks are all body shoots, extra damage on crits is really good
    Marksman(MM): It's just more damage, more damage is good.
    Luck: Helps with your incendiary weapons and Sasha

For 5th I'd take either Iron Skin(IS) or Defensive Stance(DS), or if I have both instead of MM I'd be happy too. Keep in mind that now with badges you can tweak a lot more your survivors. If you have IS or DS you may need less damage reduction badges, same thing happens with MM, if you don't have it then you can use more damage badges etc...
    Mischa