HAVE YOU UNLOCKED CARL GRIMES ?

TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501

CARL

It seems that many players have still not been able to unlock Carl. I believe this is because the high rarity of getting his Tokens. That may be the case but maybe his Tokens could become more accessible, ie; early The Distance missions (both modes), Trade Shop or maybe even more Special Calls. It seems to be almost odd that a Character in the game is simply out of reach for many players.

Have You Unlocked Carl?
I'm aware some players aren't interested in unlocking Carl so I've added a third option to the poll.

(This Poll is Anonymous so no one will know your vote)

*edit to add;
I have created this poll to get a general tally of players who have or have not unlocked Carl & maybe get NG to make his Tokens more available.
" All comments are welcome! "

HAVE YOU UNLOCKED CARL GRIMES ? 130 votes

I HAVE NOT Unlocked Carl
41% 54 votes
I HAVE Unlocked Carl
50% 66 votes
I'm not interested in Carl
7% 10 votes
-
TJS  -  Member of W-S
Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain

Comments

• bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,112
    edited April 2018
    He's my last hero left to unlock.

Edit: I have just unlocked him, meaning I've got all the heroes now.
    TJSScowley
  • kiwinz7kiwinz7 Member Posts: 905
    No - The only Hero I have not unlocked as I have 381/500 Tokens
    But who is Carl , may he RIP
    Ranked #1 in Australia for Weekly Challenges

Ranked in the Top 30 Globally for Weekly Challenge

TWD NML Guild Council Member

Recruiter & Legacy Eh Leader a Top 5 Global Guild

Former Leader of Vault112 Top 20 Global Guild & it's 4 Guilds (Vault112, Vault112B, Vault112C & Vault112D) is now a part of the Eh family

Rise Up & Join the EH Family [email protected]
  • dulinquartersdulinquarters Member Posts: 481
    My last to unlock will be Aaron,still need 80 tokens. I needed 8 for Merle, recently got 128 tokens. I am waiting to unlock him until I have level 24 survivors. I wish I would of left many of my Heroes locked until I had level 20 survivors, level 21/22 would have been ideal.
    I was happy to see that Carl's 5th trait is iron skin. He is 1 out of 3 or 4 Heroes that have 4 of the most desirable traits. Many of the Heroes have 3 good traits, others only have 2.
  • warlordfwarlordf Member Posts: 220
    yes, but never use him, if i could go back i would exchange for the phone calls i used.
    DMP
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    I have him, but I don't really use him outside of the Distance.

Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    anthony172DodkongSCBMA
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402

You will be missed.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

TJS
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,538
    431/500 for Carl

170/250 for Aaron

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 258
    I have unlocked him months ago and never used him
    1Ris
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,267
    350/500. I just need him to pop up as the tokens for the final mission in a distance set I can complete then I'll have an extra shooter I can use for 2 missions a week :lol:
  • ZetteZette Member Posts: 399
    Carl is probably my favorite shooter at the moment. The way i have mine set up, he is my heaviest hitter for a shooter. But i rarely use him for his leader trait. I usually pair him with Rosita or Abe for the boost they give him.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402

He (Carl), is the furthest away for me. :cry:

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 681
    Here is my Carl, Coral, Carlitos, The Virgin however you call him.
    1RisbigbeanoJadenSCBMA
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    I got enough tokens for him a few weeks ago when he was part of the 40-radio call, then waited until I hit level 24 to unlock. I use him on Distance and some Challenge missions.
    DLichTJSZettemack22
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    I got him on my main, have 473 on both my 2nd and my 3rd account (huh... weird :D ).
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Dodkong
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 368
    I’ve unlocked him ages ago. When distance was introduced he finally could do something.
  • KudukKuduk Member Posts: 99
    edited April 2018
    I have unlocked all the heroes. Most are legendary. Only carl, governor and gabriel are epic while jerry still rare (need only 8 tokens to upgrade him to epic though)
    anthony172romeo
    > @mswillie said:
    > I have all heros unlocked.

Me too
    bigbeanoKuduk
  • MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 494
    I'm 57 to Aaron, my last!
    :D
  • SerpSerp Member Posts: 612
    But he is in my store right now so I could for a bazillion gold!
    bigbeanoShadowaceAzJadenromeo
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Still need these, but not in any tearing hurry to get them tbh........
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    > @Neil_J said:
    > Still need these, but not in any tearing hurry to get them tbh........
    >
    >

Merle and Michonne... they are awesome
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,119
    I have him "unlocked". My highest survivor is level 20 but I'm in the process of getting to 21 once my training grounds upgrades (still 3 million supplies short). I doubt that I will use him much, so I'll probably wait until my highest survivor is the highest level obtainable and then I'll "unlock" Carl so that he unlocks at that highest level as well, saving me several million in XP to upgrade him and it will give me an instant 2nd high level survivor for my team.
    Black Labs Matter.
    SmokeandMirrorsZette
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    PigBenis said:

I have him "unlocked". My highest survivor is level 20 but I'm in the process of getting to 21 once my training grounds upgrades (still 3 million supplies short). I doubt that I will use him much, so I'll probably wait until my highest survivor is the highest level obtainable and then I'll "unlock" Carl so that he unlocks at that highest level as well, saving me several million in XP to upgrade him and it will give me an instant 2nd high level survivor for my team.

But aren't you concerned about having too many high-level survivors to trigger some magical star loss phenomena? Maybe you should just always keep low level survivors.

I kid I kid.

Level your survivors. That's what they're for. I'm not in that camp. I've always gone up overall in stars in the long run, despite those who say otherwise.

But saving heroes is wise, unless you really want one of them immediately. I wish I had done more of that. You will indeed save millions of XP. I don't know if I'd have the patience to save him for multiple level-ups, but if you do, then more power to you.