Do you like the herd event?

Do you like the herd event? 94 votes

Yes, great to receive more supplies
59%
TransmuteJunR2runfastatrainofficialGovernatorDeucesTripodMortmercrambert_necJayZTroublemakerdeb1hdDLichjimmydawisewrinkled_bagdulinquartersSCBMAekimhclewflyingcowkingwhitek111bigbeano 56 votes
No, not worth it
12%
zeeblack8900rpmBerndErwinKyrusPicATLAS-Zmobbieanthony172PDad43warlordf888titus 12 votes
Others, please include a comment
5%
capibaraJackBauerbladgierxbamfxmsapaev 5 votes
Yes but it doesn’t provide the right rewards, please correct
22%
Japes87TheCrabkiwinz7KerilynCaptainslayerl2wannabewaryoungbesyzdandancar77romeoDanielBezRanger85SteinarNick37PigBenisladre5Danski_46BelgarathChiefkeohiboy111 21 votes

Comments

• MischaMischa Member Posts: 87
    During the time on gas booster, I haven’t received any radios and I think to receive less gold. Only XP and no gas.

Why no gas? With the newly introduced update to accumulate gas during the booster, this would be great.

My conclusion, nice for F2P, worthless for P2P players.
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,194
    edited April 2018
    I like the extra supplies by essentially doing nothing but logging in. I also get enough extra gas to accomplish my goals without having to buy a booster.
    GovernatorshaunatthepubekimhclewMattOfEarth
    edited April 2018
    Anyone else not getting radios while on gas booster?
  • BelgarathBelgarath Member Posts: 70
    It is pretty meh... The extra gas is nice, but i wish they had not reduced the amount of radios you get... Then it would have been really nice...
    Mischal2wannabeDanski_46
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    Would be nice if it would give something else then xp only. Maybe some components/fragments ?
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    MischaDanski_46bigbeanoanthony172
  • l2wannabel2wannabe Member Posts: 513
    It would be extra special if every once in awhile some equipment was dropped by the wall walkers. Even on the show they sometimes nick weapons from the dead!
    BelgarathDanski_46MattOfEarth
    After the gas booster is over, I received the 1st radio after 24 h of getting just XP! NG, you have to fix this, totally worthless event while on gas booster. @Kaz, please forward this to the devs...
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    > @xbamfx said:
    > I would have liked to see a better event during the season finale weekend I know that sounds knit picky after the previous badge event and hero battle Tara event but it should be more flash and flare as the season ends. They could have ran something with the herd as well, just my opinion.

You mean like taking advantage of the fact that it was Friday the 13th as well? Pretty poor planning for an event with what little they did.

I'm sure they'll make up for it with an awesome event next weekend. (End of sarcasm).
    Black Labs Matter.
    Danski_46xbamfxKyrusJaden
  • CooptainkirkCooptainkirk Member Posts: 17
    I like it, but for sentimental reasons - it was the first weekend event when I first started playing about a year ago! It was a huge boost getting started - and now I'm just hooked...

I still like it - it's nice to pick up a bunch of free gas and phones for a weekend.
    SCBMA
  • mobbiemobbie Member Posts: 154
    No, not worth it
    stuff all good drops from it RNG in the kills for calls/gold/fuel better off farming gear Lol
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    One of my personal favorites.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    xbamfxSCBMAALF4reals
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    I like it better than jackpot and half healing times on a Wednesday...
    Zette
  • SteinarSteinar Content Creator Posts: 96
    I think the event is good. But for my taste too much XP
    https://twd-nml.de

Wir informieren euch über Neuigkeiten rund um das Spiel, verraten die Tipps und Tricks der Profis und schreiben Leitfäden für die verschiedenen Spielmodi.

Facebook

Danski_46
  • mobbiemobbie Member Posts: 154
    No, not worth it
    Think game needs to do daily events ie one day is 2x xp next is 2x food and so on makes it less boring.
    mik81
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,000
    Yes I do. Not for the supplies because I'm maxed.

For the lots of fuel and some radios. What's not to like.
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    I'd like to see phone drop percentages not go down during event obviously, but I could have sworn the last Herd event I played, gas still dropped while you had Unlimited gas and you could save it ...
    Was this nerfed for this version ? I've received exactly 0 gas this weekend while playing on Unlimited gas (some thing which you should not be penalized for paying real money for)
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @Japes87
    Fuel is removed from crate rewards (replaced with XP) while on booster so reading your post I can only assume this is the same for the Herd.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,064
    No, not worth it
    It is one of my least favorite weekend events. Same goes for the reduced healing times.
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
    CBgaming1969
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    @TJS unless I was dreaming , I could have sworn the last Herd event you could still get gas from the herd even when on a booster and save it until your booster ran out .. hopefully someone else can confirm . I don't have screenshots or anything
  • RealClareBRealClareB Member Posts: 139
    Japes87 said:

@TJS unless I was dreaming , I could have sworn the last Herd event you could still get gas from the herd even when on a booster and save it until your booster ran out .. hopefully someone else can confirm . I don't have screenshots or anything

Think that was during a 1-minute gas weekend, not a paid-for booster.
    Currently guild-less.
    BttlOpenerJapes87
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 881
    edited April 2018
    @Japes87 Gas was removed from the herd while on the gas booster well before gas currently stacks(ie: purchasing gas from the TG shop), just like supplies do not drop after you achieve the highest camp level.

Edit: the herd kicks ass..
    Japes87
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    I like additional fuel. This event is worse than 5-gas or of course 1-gas events but it helps with the fuel a bit.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,879
    No, not worth it
    To be honest, I used to like the herd much more. Maybe it's the drop rates, or maybe it's just me. Probably both.

In a world where we need 8 million XP to upgrade one piece of gear, popping a few walkers for 400 xp each is just sad.

------------------------------------------
    The bit of gas is nice, but as some have said, while on a booster it would have been nice to keep getting gas that racks up to spend when your booster expires.
    ------------------------------------------

For me, the herd needs to be paired with another event, like reduced healing times, or some other Luke warm event that could together make something worth. Imo :smile:
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    MischaCaptainslayer
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    There is no need to log in every half hour with the 1 min gas event, because it provides gas so frequently that players can continually play, especially if they farm XP on challenge missions which may take 4+ mins. It is a pretty good event.

I believe your math is off. The functional equivalent would be 12 gas per hour from a 5 min gas event, which I feel is slightly better than the herd event. I like the idea of the herd, but the rewards aren't comparable to other events so it really isn't worth playing if you were on the edge of how you wanted to spend your weekend.

You claim that players get extra XP, gold, and supplies but you didn't do the math. Look at XP for example. If all 60 walkers in an hour gave the pretty standard 400 XP each that is only 24,000 XP. IN a 1 min gas event a player could easily play a scavenge mission or two for either XP or supplies and receive more XP by farming kills and take 4 or so mins. Plus, 1 min gas means more missions and more crates so more chances at legendary gear, components, more gold...basically all around better than the herd event without having to constantly log in.
    Black Labs Matter.
    anthony172JayZ
  • MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 388
    I got a rock.