Outpost raid discussion

KwansaKwansa Member Posts: 78
Everything about outpost raids.
TJSbigbeano

Comments

• KwansaKwansa Member Posts: 78
    @ShadowaceAz and @Mabiki as I said I normaly just grab the loot and go but I also like if the enemy tries to protect. Makes the whole thing much more exciting :D
    Maybe until I found first time level 26 tanks and big ones on the pitch and they kicked me of the field immediatelly :s
    ShadowaceAzbigbeano
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Yee-haw. Prayer answered for @TJS .

I used to hate people with high level walkers in their outposts. Back in the day, under the old, old challenge system, I refused to play challenges. Starting at level 1 seemed idiotic to me.

So I had no guild, and played only scavenge and outpost, and pushed the tiers for influence. It was painful getting owned by level 20 walkers as a level 16/17 survivor. That might be why I adopted the "kill everyone" mantra - after taking all that damage from walkers, I figured I might as well be all in when I got to the defenders.
    Mischa
  • RenopwnsRenopwns Member Posts: 135
    I always take at least one assault and a bruiser if I can, stunning the whole enemy team for a full turn can sometimes mean you get out without getting touched.
    ekimhclew
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    @Renopwns I usually run with Bruiser, Assault, Scout.

Can stun, or simply grab and dash. I prefer grab and dash as getting my prestige too high gets me made into a thin sliced sandwich meat. Something about level 24-26 tanks that just, um... Suck!
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    I actually do my best to not kill all of a crate blocking team. I take much more enjoyment out of showing them how feeble their attempts are at trying to keep me from taking their TGs. Killing two and leaving one behind should indicate that I had every opportunity to give you a shield, but I'd rather leave it up and let someone else take more TGs and, hopefully, some influence from them.

Those who I do kill are players that have low TG amounts and the minimal walker allotment. If a target with less than 450 TGs offered pops up, I X out and try again. If after seeing the same name for a third time, I go in looking to eliminate them and take some Influence, TGs and them out of my way for 8 hours, assuming they aren't a stupid bot.

My crate isn't blocked, but because of my strategy, it's accessible only with a scout off the first turn. Some attackers come with a scout and leave happy. Others come with murder in their eyes and they tend to leave dragging the corpse of a friendly or two with them.

I have no illusion of being able to always win on defense. But if someone wants to to trade lead, I hope to make them use a new team on their next raid or spend gold to heal this team.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    ekimhclewmack22
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    My kill team is scout, assault and shooter which was also my toe farming team as well...

Now mainly use xp farming team of Maggie, assault and scout...till I get to many crate blockers in a short period...then I tag back in a shooter...
  • ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 779
    I only attack the outpost defenders if:

1. They are blocking the TGs and I can’t reach it with my scout
    2. My assault can hit all 3 defenders (and hopefully stun them) with one attack.

I don’t always do it with #2, just depends on whether or not I’m in a murderous mood that day, or if I need some influence to get back above 5000.

I’ve been using glenn as my outpost scout lately just to get as many extra supplies as possible. Then obviously I bring an assault to stun the defenders and usually a shooter, maybe a second assault or bruiser. A lot of times the shooter can take out 2 defenders by itself if the assault can make them bleed. Then the scout can clean up the last one