PSA: DON'T SCRAP TODAY!

Yes, I realize this "should" be obvious, but I am always on autopilot when it comes to scrapping any gear below epic (and in some cases, legendary). I had been manually autoscrapping as usual today, until the lightbulb went on about an hour ago, and I realized I should be saving all this crap for tomorrow. Obviously, this only applies to those of us who have room in our inventory, as maxed inventory leads to mechanical autoscrapping, but I figured there may be others out there like myself who just get rid of everything as a matter of course and may not have thought about it. Happy scrapping, everyone!
Board-certified slayer of the dead
Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
anthony172David_H79MattOfEarthTJSI_Am_PsychoJenngbladgierSCBMAJaden

Comments

• PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,011
    edited April 2018
    Event won't have much impact on me and once again it's a rather useless event this weekend. I'm sitting at about 3 million XP with about 4.5 million XP max I'll likely be full by tomorrow, if not later today.

I have level 20 survivors and the ability to upgrade them to level 21, but why should I? This only means a more difficult starting level during the challenge missions and many say it's not worth it to go from level 20 to 22. I'd be getting fewwere stars for my guild potentially until reaching level 23 (from what I hear). Might as well try to make the jump to 24 as fast as I can, so I need supplies, NOT XP, to upgrade my training grounds, workshop, and council. I'll probably get level 24 level weapons maxed first so that if/when I ever decide to make the jump to level 24 or whatever the max is, I'll have weapons for my survivors. But right now, I see no point in upgrading past level 20 unless someone can convince me otherwise.

It would be nice if the developers would offer a 2X supplies event next weekend, along with 48 hour distance (double supplies should be included in distance), and with 24 hr gas priced at $1 for the event. Resetting cost of the distance should be set at 100 gold with up to 10 resets. Just saying. I'd reset all 10 times and buy 1-2 24 hour passes and I know I'm not alone. That's roughly $10-12 bucks they'd be getting from me. If no double supplies in distance and no reduced resetting cost, offer something in the shop for $2 that gives 2X supplies for 24 hours, effectively providing 4X supplies when combined with the 2X supplies event. THAT I would get behind and be 100% happy with receiving. I'd be spending gold on building upgrades while farming supplies. Anyone feel like creating a thread and suggesting an event like this next weekend?
    Black Labs Matter.
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 489
    I keep hovering over the scrap button but then I remember this awesome event.
    Danski_46 said:

I keep hovering over the scrap button but then I remember this awesome event.

I think you misspelled "awful".
    Black Labs Matter.
    Danski_46DLich
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,633
    Yeah I thought the same thing earlier today but habit of scrapping everything right away remains strong.
    DBonesJaden
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,500
    Anything above common I keep and just keep checking how much gear I have so it doesn't auto scrap on me.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    DBones
    I've heard that it won't auto scrap epic and legendary so you should be good. You "technically" have a 600 item storage from what I've been told.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Also don't start upgrades to training ground or workshop, unless you can be without them for 2 days while maxed on XP ;)
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    Danski_46
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    And especially ... do NOT click OK when checking the value.

And no I didn't do that thankfully.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 489
    > @PigBenis said:
    > I keep hovering over the scrap button but then I remember this awesome event.
    >
    > I think you misspelled "awful".

Predictive text methinks.
  • OohbabyOohbaby Member Posts: 29
    I’m sitting on like 298 legendary kit and it often times auto sells what it can and still lets me keep 306 or more items. I’m pretty sure it won’t touch blue or gold kit in auto sell
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 2,996
    @PigBenis It's technically unlimited. I was up to 900+ before the 5s upgrade weekend.

As to your other point RE why not upgrade now? Even though your stars will hurt in the short-run, it's easier to upgrade incrementally than to try to jump from 20 to 24. You're either going to be spending a lot of money or a lot of time trying to make that jump if you want to do it all at once.

Will you score 50-100 stars lower while you're at level 20? Maybe. But in the long run, 50-100 stars isn't game-breaking, so you might as well get it over with instead of delaying a long time.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    atty_ayris2m
    Supplies go away from mission crates and wall walkers once you have a level 23 survivor correct? Or is it something else? Just thinking that I should stay as low as possible to upgrade buildings with supplies that I can more easily obtain at the lower level...THEN level up my survivors if I feel the need.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 2,996
    edited April 2018
    @PigBenis It's a little confusing as to when supplies go away.

Supplies disappear from wall walkers, TG crates, challenge crates, etc. when you hit player level 68 (which requies almost everything maxed), so you won't have to worry about that for a while.

Supplies disappear from post-mission reward crates (i.e., when you have 9 locked crates and get to pick 3 of them) beginning on RSL24 in all mission modes, except for supplies scavenge when you can continue to get them even on the highest levels.

Basically, you don't have to worry about getting fewer supplies as you level your survivors up (at least not for a while, if you're still at level 20). In fact, upgrading your survivors from 20-23 will increase the amount of supplies you get because scavenge missions and rewards are tied to survivor levels, so the higher your survivor level, the more supplies you'll get.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    Danski_46TJSDavid_H79