Heroes and Body Shots

This morning, while sitting on my thinking chair (aka, the toilet), an idea popped into my head on how to make heroes more useful. I apologize in advance if this idea has been suggested by anyone before - I'm no idea thief, so kudos to anyone who may have beaten me to the punch on this one.

Anyway, perhaps if heroes had an extra level before body shots start kicking in, they would get a lot more use. I'm not sure exactly how to word what I mean by this, so I'll do so by explanation instead. We know that each pink star on a survivor essentially levels them up for purposes of reducing body shot chance. So can't heroes be coded differently from regular survivors so that body shots start increasing one level higher than they do for regulars? Ugh, again, poor wording.... What I mean is, let's say my team has a legendary L24 hero with no pink stars and two L24 regular survivors each with 1 pink star. Can't these survivors be coded so that they all start seeing body shots increase at exactly the same time? Bottom line is, a 5-star hero would be the equivalent of a 6-star regular survivor, for purposes of bodyshots alone. A 6-star hero would be the equivalent of a 7-star regular survivor for purposes of bodyshots. And so on and so forth.

I don't know anything about game coding, but common sense would suggest this should be easy to accomplish, and I think we would see people using all (ok, maybe not all, but most) of the heroes much more frequently. What do you all think about this bathroom epiphone? (and sorry for the horribly worded explanation of my idea - my brain is toast after a grueling work week)
Board-certified slayer of the dead
Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
anthony172mimicaKratosDLichDanski_46romeoShadowaceAzekimhclewJayZTJSTatdJdmJenngMischaJadencrambert_necmsapaevmack22ATLAS-Zl2wannabeSCBMAbigbeanojimmydawisepsychwolf

Comments

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,063
    As far as I'm aware that is already the case ...
  • ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 773
    Maybe adding @Kaz would help?
    DBones
  • iamedgeiamedge Member Posts: 64
    > @Firekid said:
    > As far as I'm aware that is already the case ...

That makes a lot of sense and apparently nobody really realizes this! I only recently noticed, my level 20 1 pink star Daryl, while not in leader position, with no CC badges or piercing weapon trait, will occasionally critically hit a level 26 walker on a non charged attack. I've had no idea how this was possible, always thought +5 was the rule for everyone! But apparently not the case.
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,310
    @iamedge Each pink star on a survivor acts as an additional level before that survivor starts landing 100% of their attacks as body shots, so that makes sense for your Daryl. 5 actual levels above 20 + 1 more level because of the pink star = critical hits possible at level 26

@Firekid I don't believe that is true...

@DBones LOVE this idea!
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    DBonesATLAS-Z
    > @crambert_nec said:
    Each pink star on a survivor acts as an additional level before that survivor starts landing 100% of their attacks as body shots, so that makes sense for your Daryl. 5 actual levels above 20 + 1 more level because of the pink star = critical hits possible at level 26
    >

Yeah I'm aware of how pink stars work. Unless I've just always been told wrong, +5 asl should be 100% body shots on non charge attacks.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,385
    @iamedge Is it only Daryle?

I wonder if his +% chance of a Critical is kicking in somehow, if it is... shhhhh cause you know they will "Shut that shit down"!
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

> @ShadowaceAz said:
    > @iamedge Is it only Daryle?
    >
    > I wonder if his +% chance of a Critical is kicking in somehow, if it is... shhhhh cause you know they will "Shut that shit down"!

It's not just Daryl. I tested it with Carol as well. But I had her in leader position, as she benefits from her hero trait, had a weapon with accurate, and I loaded her with CC badges. She was close to 80% CC everything combined. At +5, she was critically hitting almost 100%. At plus 6, that dropped to 0% (on non charge attack)
    You even saw the video of Daryl doing it (me and shadowace are guild mates).
    I don't care if they shut that shit down lol, I just want a straight answer and nobody can give it to me
    iamedge said:

You even saw the video of Daryl doing it (me and shadowace are guild mates).
    I don't care if they shut that shit down lol, I just want a straight answer and nobody can give it to me

Hey! Don't tell everyone, they'll all want in!
    Concordia

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 1,954
    edited April 2018
    The problem is value of normal survivors vs heroes...

At every player level this value differs.

At newbie level, the heroes are way stronger, but veteran level the generics are stronger (soley due to ease of upgrade)

I'm not sure this is the answer, or not...

I would love it, sure, it would put my 7-star Abe on equal footing with my few 8-star troops... But it definitely bears some thought.

Many players upgrade their heroes to legendary and stop there, so offering more and more hero tokens I guess can be bad in that regard, so maybe...

The body shot wall is, I guess, the only thing stopping us from using heroes more, so maybe this is the solution...

I'm kinda thinking as i go here, forgive me.

Players will still have to spend money/Radios/tokens,etc to upgrade to legend status so it shouldn't affect the game economy really at all. In fact many might spend more when they start to see their favorite heroes are more effective.

Is there a down side I'm not seeing? The Newbs maybe?

Hmmmm...

Is there anyone at NEXT care to comment @kaz ?
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    Mischa
  • l2wannabel2wannabe Member Posts: 513
    edited April 2018
    DBones said:

This morning, while sitting on my thinking chair (aka, the toilet), an idea popped into my head on how to make heroes more useful. I apologize in advance if this idea has been suggested by anyone before - I'm no idea thief, so kudos to anyone who may have beaten me to the punch on this one.

Anyway, perhaps if heroes had an extra level before body shots start kicking in, they would get a lot more use. I'm not sure exactly how to word what I mean by this, so I'll do so by explanation instead. We know that each pink star on a survivor essentially levels them up for purposes of reducing body shot chance. So can't heroes be coded differently from regular survivors so that body shots start increasing one level higher than they do for regulars? Ugh, again, poor wording.... What I mean is, let's say my team has a legendary L24 hero with no pink stars and two L24 regular survivors each with 1 pink star. Can't these survivors be coded so that they all start seeing body shots increase at exactly the same time? Bottom line is, a 5-star hero would be the equivalent of a 6-star regular survivor, for purposes of bodyshots alone. A 6-star hero would be the equivalent of a 7-star regular survivor for purposes of bodyshots. And so on and so forth.

I don't know anything about game coding, but common sense would suggest this should be easy to accomplish, and I think we would see people using all (ok, maybe not all, but most) of the heroes much more frequently. What do you all think about this bathroom epiphone? (and sorry for the horribly worded explanation of my idea - my brain is toast after a grueling work week)

You should get paid the big bucks @DBones, it's a great idea!
    It seems something major might be in the works? Our Dev contact and Player Realtions contact have been eerily silent on any questions as of late?

Maybe the ghost of Christmas past is coming late?
    Concordia

• CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,384
    From all accounts and little tid bits there is something major coming, however it isn't the improvement of show characters unfortunately, well at least this great suggestion of the op. Unfortunately with my limited interactions with ppl that aren't on the forum most thoroughly like using/spending on the show characters and actually don't know that pink star basically equate to be 1 lvl higher and therefore being able to push further, regardless if a legendary show character has more damage then a pink star normal survivor.
    Proud member of the Army of Slayers top guild in guild wars

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    anthony172romeo