FYI: Season Mission Reruns - Rewards change.

Comments

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,397
    @Cronus
    I pointed out these things a while back and was laughed at. I said lets see how they do first quarter this year and the company is still failing. It will eventually crumble and everyone will be upset. That's why I dipped I was investing in a game that could succeed but company will fail out of greed.
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,186
    Drunken said:

@Cronus
    I pointed out these things a while back and was laughed at. I said lets see how they do first quarter this year and the company is still failing. It will eventually crumble and everyone will be upset. That's why I dipped I was investing in a game that could succeed but company will fail out of greed.

Nope, I remember it. Pretty sure we even had a side discussion regarding the monetization of things like this. Don't see how Q1 will see a bump I'm afraid.
    MattOfEarth
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,397
    @Cronus

I hit a point where these changes were happening, but I kept playing and spending for friends, now I have quite I have focused life on the gym and things I can physically do, but I do keep in touch with a handful of people

Your post tho was spot on with my feelings
    MattOfEarthDLich
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    I think the reason why the radios are reduced is because we are playing 2 episodes per week. The rewards listed in the announcement are for each run through. From the in game news:

• paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @The_Jer What the hell does that matter? That just means they are spread out over 8 weeks instead of 16.
    anthony172DBones
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 681
    edited April 2018
    @paintbeast that means highlights missions coming soon
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @anthony172 ??? Yes, we are talking about the "highlight" or season missions. I'm a little confused as to what you are trying to clarify.
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,254
    edited April 2018
    What, one of the Content Creators is quitting the game?
    This shit is falling apart.
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 681
    > @paintbeast said:
    > @anthony172 ??? Yes, we are talking about the "highlight" or season missions. I'm a little confused as to what you are trying to clarify.

Sorry i was trying to say that the reason that why this season missions are more shorter its because maybe there's coming a new highlight missions
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 624
    > @mack22 said:
    > What, one of the Content Creators is quitting the game?
    > This shit is falling apart.
    >
    To be fair, he never said he’s quitting.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    anthony172
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,254
    edited April 2018
    > @MattOfEarth said:
    > > @mack22 said:
    > > What, one of the Content Creators is quitting the game?
    > > This shit is falling apart.
    > >
    > To be fair, he never said he’s quitting.
    >
    To be fair there is bright orange and yellow letters at the first of his video that says I QUIT.. BYE BYE.
    MattOfEarthPigBenisCaptainslayer
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    WellyLuga said:

This thread went... off! :lol:

Personally I can understand the instant distaste towards dropping from 15 radios to 10. But I think the fact that you get 60 class tokens from the 5 missions has been overlooked.

I don't disagree with your statement. I am shocked NG took another something away instead of adding to what was already hoped for is my reading for the above post I made.

In the end, it is their game. Their sandbox. Their rules. Their ball if you will, I was only hoping to see something other than another reason for this community to implode upon itself. I try so hard to come here and learn a trick or three, get a laugh, hope to make others smile. I want to be a part of the community and feel that all are welcome and most enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, I've browsed old thread and seen the 'I'm fed up, this place stinks, this game is a rip off... ad nauseam.

I'm no spring chicken that believes everyone will ever be happy, it just seems that lately there are more "oh shit" moments than "aha" moments.

I rolled around (as much as the body allowed), I cried, I wept for the dead phones that shall never be born, and I am happy thus as the old TV show was used to say 'Moving on up'.

  The Greyjoys have never been a huge supporter of my Bannermen anyway, so I shall move along as if my phone provider just cut my data limit down. I can do without the phones, it just means playing the game *shocker* a little longer to get what I am striving for. Evil plot?

So @WellyLuga I can see your point, agree with your point, and still be a bit dismayed at how it was done. Then again, when is a good time to tell your child their goldfish died? A painful quick thrust to the heart, end the suffering and move on.

DILLY DILLY!
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

mack22WellyLuga
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 624
    @Zoson was right.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 969
    When the trials were once a week we got 15 phones, now we get 20 per week.
    I've also noticed a lot more phones in crates in the last few days.
    Maybe it's not all bad.
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    Actually, we used to get 30 per week with trials, but they nerfed that, too
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    JadenJenngCaptainslayer
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    And again, I agree, it’s not all bad. In fact, it’s clearly a better setup right now than before (2 trials per week, increased token rewards). No doubt about it. But that’s not my point. My point is, why take something away, even if it was given by mistake, if it has no effect on them? Think of it this way...you order Girl Scout cookies. The little girl accidentally ordered one extra box for you. That extra box won’t empty your wallet, obviously. When your cookies come in, are you going to refuse to pay the girl for that extra box? Sure, you are within your right to do so, it was a mistake. But what about the visual? The appearance. How would it look if you said “no, I’m not giving you the $3 for that box”? THAT is my point. Unnecessary dick move, IMO.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    JadenJenng
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,203
    I'm just glad that I left the last mission incomplete on 8 trials on my alt account. I can't unlock Jerry because of it but instead I got 8 x 10 radios and 8 x 32 class tokens :lol:
    DBonesJadenbigbeano
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 969
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > I'm just glad that I left the last mission incomplete on 8 trials on my alt account. I can't unlock Jerry because of it but instead I got 8 x 10 radios and 8 x 32 class tokens :lol:

You're not missing much, can't remember last time I used Jerry for anything but distance food.
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    5 radios and 45 tokens?

Danski_46
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,119
    > @ShadowaceAz said:
    >
    > Then again, when is a good time to tell your child their goldfish died? A painful quick thrust to the heart, end the suffering and move on.
    >

There is a huge difference here. NG telling us that our goldfish died would be along the lines of them releasing a post saying that @Kaz was no longer a part of their team after he decided to step away from being fed up with their (insert Simon BULLSHIT video). That would suck for the community as he's one of the few bright spots left in that cesspool of shit called NG.

What they are doing is much different. Like you said, it's their sandbox and they make their own decisions and we have to deal with it. My question is, why in the HELL are they purposely killing their children's goldfish? What kind of parents do that? After all, it is their choice and they don't have to choose to kill it. They know that killinh it will upset their children, yet they remove the fish from the water and they watch the fish slowly suffocate as their children look on in horror before turning and walking away from something that they once loved.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited April 2018
    msapaev said:

5 radios and 45 tokens?

Ops! It'll actually take effect next week from episodes 3 to 16

And some more info on that. We know that you've been requesting for more Radios and Radio events, but again, those events, like the Hero Week and such, have a great impact on our economy. We are not ignoring those requests, but trying to work around it. As you can see we are trying new things on a weekly basis and a different Radio event is planned, we just don't have a clear date for it yet.

Also, this isn't a permanent rebalance of the rewards, but as @The_Jer said, we've changed it due to having two episodes in the same week. So it's specific for this special rerun. If we have 1 episode per week we are going to keep with the same reward as we've been running for the previous months.

And of course, you can have a different opinion on that and that's totally cool, but our goal was not to nerf the rewards but make them different so we can have more control over the game economy. I do understand that some would rather get Radios to spend how they want, but the rewards are as valuable as they were before (thanks @DLich for doing the math ;p).

And as always, thanks for the feedback. (:
    msapaev
    > @msapaev said:
    > 5 radios and 45 tokens?

There must have been a secondary discussion about 45 class tokens being too much. Quick, someone check the Bundle Shop for new bundles with high prices and class tokens!
    Black Labs Matter.
    msapaev
    edited April 2018
    Double tap.

Please remove this just like you removed possibility of double tap on shooters.
    Black Labs Matter.
    bigbeano