FYI: Season Mission Reruns - Rewards change.

13»

Comments

• Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,513
    NG’s Q1 report is out

Hey look NG keeps giving me video ideas and I like that!!

https://t.co/mzKefnf8Qa

Playing Events Only? Come and play with Token ManiacRRs . We only do Events! NO BOARDS!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,119
    @DBones Someone said in this thread that phones were the currency of choice and I tend to agree. I'm used to going to work and getting paid in dollars...my currency of choice. How would you feel if your employer paid you in dollars every week, but then one week decided to pay you in McDonald's hamburgers? That is basically what they are doing. I use 1 non-hero survivor that is an assault. Most of the class tokens are useless to me. Some will argue that it's my choice to not use the other class survivors, but it's irrelevant. That's akin to them telling me how to spend my dollars. They don't know what works for me. What I want are the dollars I've been working for in the past that give me a choice on how to spend them. I don't want generic class tokens with no choice on WHICH class tokens. I want hero tokens for the most part plus assault class tokens. 15 radio calls at least give multiple options for the most part and aren't all bad.

The thing is, it's not just the decrease in phones that's happening here. It's that along with the increase in phones being offered in the shop for money. NG is (without saying it) saying that if we want more phones, we must pay for them. The shit is already overpriced as it is. Take my basic example of a 15 radio call. Radios are 1 for 50 gold and gold is about 100 for $1 unless you spend lots of money, then it's obviously less. But If we assume $1 for 100 gold that's 2 radios for $1, so $7.50 for a 15 radio call that gets you 32 generic class tokens most commonly. Seem a bit overpriced to you? Their greed is amazing and it's getting worse as we are seeingbwith them removing our 5 phones per mission.
    Black Labs Matter.
    SerpMattOfEarth
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,530
    DBones said:

So yeah, it’s all a matter perspective, and my “perspective” of this behavior/conduct is that they are being unnecessarily stingy, and are way out of touch with their player base. I hope I’m wrong, and I hope they prove me wrong, but past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior, and this latest dick move was just another in a long line of dick moves, in my honest opinion.

I would prefer phones. I feel I have more of an option to use them on the various call types. My perspective is the likeliness of getting 3 epic and 2 legendary survivors from 75 radio's is little. With this change to class tokens instead of radio's I do lose the option on how I want to spend them BUT in some weird, strange way, I feel like I'm getting more tokens via the "give them tokens" method than I would making calls, getting rare survivors and feeling cheated.

15 radio's is 1 call. 15 radio's would take 3 weeks to aquire (at the bonus 5 per week). I'll most likely get a rare survivor.

Odds of getting a survivor on the 15 call - 90%
    Odds of getting a rare survivor on the 15 call - 82.3%
    This is a 74.07% chance that I'm going to only get 32 class tokens...

15 radio's = 74.07% chance of getting 32 tokens.
    Each mission will give us 60 class tokens (180 tokens instead of 15 radio's)

Now let's look at the odds of getting an epic survivor

Odds of getting an epic survivor - 16%
    This is a 14.4% chance that I'm going to get 128 tokens...

Odds of getting a legendary survivor - 1.7%
    This is a 1.53% chance that I'm going to get 256 tokens...

First call being epic (128) = 14.4% overall chance
    Second call being epic (128) = 2.07% overall chance
    Third call being epic (128) = 0.3% overall chance
    Fourth call being legendary (256) = 0.0046% overall chance
    Fifth call being legendary (256) = 0.00006% overall chance

Six hundred thousandths of a percent. Can someone check my math?

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    @Kaz The rewards are NOT as valuable. You can't equate 2 things that are different.

If I bring home $1000 every week I can guarantee you that I will NEVER, EVER choose to bring home 1000 dollar menu items from McDonald's instead. Their value may be equivalent but they aren't equally as valuable. What would I do with those items when they begin to spoil? How do I go to the gas station to purchase gas to fill up my car to get to work the next week when the cashier won't take 3 hamburgers per gallon because she doesn't value my currency?

With your mindset you guys are saving $5 per week per person playing this game because you are giving us 10 less phones per week at $.50 per phone. Maybe that's why the Q1 report is so bad? Devs are trying to create money by stopping losses of imaginary phones lol.

You can place a "value" on anything you want but it's up to the customer (player) to decide whether it is AS VALUABLE and clearly for the vast majority it's not.
    Black Labs Matter.
    JadenDBonesMattOfEarth
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    The number of active users in The Walking Dead: No Man’s Land declined which lead to a decrease in revenue. The main cause for the declined amount of active users was weakened retention of players.
    Hmmm, wonder where something like this was posted before the report?

Naw, moving on...
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

paintbeastDBones
    I haven't had a phone from a daily award since I don't know when.
    Black Labs Matter.
    anthony172DBonesCBgaming1969romeo
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    @Cronus

Now you've jinxed it...

Haven't seen that in a long time. Glad it still exists.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    JenngDBonesSCBMAbigbeano
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,396
    Yay! Or whatever....... I forced myself to awesome that bullshit. :D@Cronus
    CronusJadenSCBMAbigbeano
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    @Jenng

True story... Now what does that tell us about this game? :joy:
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    SCBMAJenngSPC_TORRES
    Jaden said:

Imagine going to a bar... They give out free salted peanuts to the customers. Now you might think they are going to lose money because of that. What actually happens is that a) customers are going to be happy to get free stuff - and happy people are more likely to open their wallets plus b) they will get thirsty because of the salt and are going to spend more money because of that.

Till the poor sod with a peanut allergy comes in and dies.

Wait? Is that somewhere in the realm of what happened? A player's family sued NG because they had too many phones, got excited and had a heart attack?

I think I figured it out! Damn litigious societies!
    Ok, who ruined it for the rest of us?
    Concordia

JadenGovernatorbigbeanoTatdJdm
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 624
    > @Kaz said:
    ... but again, those events, like the Hero Week and such, have a great impact on our economy. We are not ignoring those requests, but trying to work around it...
    ... our goal was not to nerf the rewards but make them different so we can have more control over the game economy.

This sounds contradictory.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    paintbeastJaden
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,203
    Yeah if NG was really so concerned with not breaking their 'economy' they wouldn't have Sasha and Abraham feature in every hero week which is run whilst some heroes have only been featured once and some not at all...
  • Starr621Starr621 Member Posts: 108
    DLich I liked your mathematical analysis on the new Mission Rewards. It's nice to see people actually using sense on here. I agree there is somewhat of a tradeoff between less radios but more tokens.
    WellyLuga said:

Yeah if NG was really so concerned with not breaking their 'economy' they wouldn't have Sasha and Abraham feature in every hero week which is run whilst some heroes have only been featured once and some not at all...

Breaking the economy??

No, no, no...
    That is their economy!

Concordia

romeoCaptainslayer
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    PigBenis said:

@Kaz The rewards are NOT as valuable. You can't equate 2 things that are different.

I don't care to argue about the game aspect. I like radios too.

Just chiming to point out that you can ABSOLUTELY equate two things that are different. Economic theories and our entire system of exchange are built upon equating things that are different.

No, you can't trade stale hamburgers, but you can trade many other real or virtual items, such as gold, old cell phones, and stocks, and turn them into money (a representative system in itself) to be used for further exchange. Just so happens that stale McDonald's doesn't hold value as well as other mediums of exchange.

In fact, there's this thing called the stock exchange, which you yourself reference regarding NG's 1st quarter report, which is built exclusively upon the idea of trading pieces of ownership of companies that are different, based upon their perceived value in a given time and place.