Which weapon trait is better: lucky or accurate=critical chance

MischaMischa Member Posts: 87
edited April 2018 in Strategy Discussion
I remember reading that lucky improves the critical chance by stacking, not multiplying, right?

Which weapon is better? I assume the one with lucky because it boosts 5% more critical chance and improves other traits in addition to that...

It’s curious that I received the lucky weapon today while upgrading the almost the same one with critical chance.

Thanks!

Edit: it’s accurate but has the same meaning as critical chance

Comments

• ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    edited April 2018
    https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/what-traits-should-i-be-looking-for/

Lucky does accumulate, however it's not a 15%+15%=30%

@OneLessTitan had a spot, I can't find it, that explained the math behind lucky. As I recall it is now a multiplier.

15%+15% = *1.30%

But I failed higher math over 30 years ago, so maybe he best explain it, or ¿anyone¿ else that is...
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Yeah, leave the page, search one last time and *BAM* hits ya in the face like a brick!

https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/traits/

Lucky *Traits - Luck

Lucky is an extremely valuable trait. Lucky can be found on all Survivors and Weapons. Lucky adds to the probability of other probability traits being successful.

LUCKY HAS HAD A DRAMATIC CHANGE IN UPDATE 2.2
    Having Lucky on Survivor and Weapon will still stack with each other. However, how Lucky interacts with other traits is now completely different.
    Before the 2.2 Update, the % of Lucky was added to the % of the other probability based Traits. So, a Survivor with Lucky of 15% and 15% dodge, plus a weapon with 15% Lucky and armor with 15% Dodge would give your Survivor a 60% chance of dodging an attack.
    NOTE: This is still how Lucky interacts with the overall chance of a Critical Attack happening.
    After 2.2, using the same figures as above, you would still have 30% total Dodge, and 30% total Lucky (or .3 total Lucky). Now, you take your Lucky % (as a decimal) and add it to 1 (1+.3=1.3). This gives you your Lucky multiplier. In the above example your multiplier is 1.3. You then multiply 1.3 * 30 (your Dodge %), and the new Dodge % is 39%.
    These are the traits that Lucky interacts with: Bullet Dodge, Charging, Concussion, Dodge, Incendiary, Interrupt, Silenced, Stun Resistance, Swift Strike, Threat Reduction
    NOTE: Lucky does increase a survivor’s Critical Chance, but it’s ADDED to all Accurate/Power Strike/Sure Shot to give the total value of accurate.
    So if you have 15% Accurate, 20% Lucky and 30% Sure Shot, your total Critical Chance would be:
    10% base critical chance + 15% (accurate) + 30% Sure Shot + 20% Lucky = 75% Total Critical Chance
    Hero Traits increased by Lucky: Carl, Carol, Daryl, Eugene, Gabriel, Jerry, Michonne, Morgan, Sasha
    Concordia

Mischa
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 291
    @Mischa The one with luck is better than the one with accurate. See bolded below

Yeah, leave the page, search one last time and *BAM* hits ya in the face like a brick!

https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/traits/

Lucky *Traits - Luck

Lucky is an extremely valuable trait. Lucky can be found on all Survivors and Weapons. Lucky adds to the probability of other probability traits being successful.

LUCKY HAS HAD A DRAMATIC CHANGE IN UPDATE 2.2
    Having Lucky on Survivor and Weapon will still stack with each other. However, how Lucky interacts with other traits is now completely different.
    Before the 2.2 Update, the % of Lucky was added to the % of the other probability based Traits. So, a Survivor with Lucky of 15% and 15% dodge, plus a weapon with 15% Lucky and armor with 15% Dodge would give your Survivor a 60% chance of dodging an attack.
    NOTE: This is still how Lucky interacts with the overall chance of a Critical Attack happening.
    After 2.2, using the same figures as above, you would still have 30% total Dodge, and 30% total Lucky (or .3 total Lucky). Now, you take your Lucky % (as a decimal) and add it to 1 (1+.3=1.3). This gives you your Lucky multiplier. In the above example your multiplier is 1.3. You then multiply 1.3 * 30 (your Dodge %), and the new Dodge % is 39%.
    These are the traits that Lucky interacts with: Bullet Dodge, Charging, Concussion, Dodge, Incendiary, Interrupt, Silenced, Stun Resistance, Swift Strike, Threat Reduction
    NOTE: Lucky does increase a survivor’s Critical Chance, but it’s ADDED to all Accurate/Power Strike/Sure Shot to give the total value of accurate.
    So if you have 15% Accurate, 20% Lucky and 30% Sure Shot, your total Critical Chance would be:
    10% base critical chance + 15% (accurate) + 30% Sure Shot + 20% Lucky = 75% Total Critical Chance
    Hero Traits increased by Lucky: Carl, Carol, Daryl, Eugene, Gabriel, Jerry, Michonne, Morgan, Sasha

Mischa
  • MischaMischa Member Posts: 87
    @ShadowaceAz, thanks for the link.

So it seems that lucky is a much better trait than accurate.
    No problem A-Bra-Ham

Haha

Sorry @Misha just had to go there between your avatar and the other thread discussion on the image used today.
    Concordia

Mischa
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,784
    edited April 2018
    Yeah I had a similar revelation when I read that lucky adds directly to crit chance rather than a % of it. Since gold lucky gives you 20% boost to crit chance amongst boosting other traits there's no reason to pick a weapon with accurate over one with lucky. Since gold accurate is only 15% and doesn't add to anything else :smile:
    Mischa