What's the weekend event?

Being lured into buying more phones for your three and four star "hero" seems like a cheap,ignorant and weak excuse for a weekend event. Thanks NG for thinking your players are just stupid.
JayZSCBMAPigBenisekimhclewbigbeanoanderfm12wrinkled_bagflyingcowkingzeeblack

Comments

• PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,119
    I still haven't used mine and I don't know if I will. Challenge started on Wednesday and I played as much as I could through Friday. The result is that I'm at a point to where the 24 hour gas does nothing for me because when I get injured, it takes my survivors a while to heal...unless I use gold, which is EXACTLY what NG is hoping that players do to take advantage of the 24 hour gas. Plus, with the double XP, I'd need to use gold to speed up my survivor training or weapon upgrading or else I'd fill up my XP slot, and they know this as well. Don't think that this was an act of kindness on their part. I'll take the freebies without complaining, about it, but don't feel that it was anything but a ploy to get players to spend gold.
    Black Labs Matter.
    SCBMAekimhclewSlowMowrinkled_bagATLAS-Zl2wannabecrambert_nec
    My point exactly on the gold use. Nobody HAS to spend the gold, but during this event, NG knows that more players WILL spend gold as their XP stockpiles become full. What's funny is human nature and them realizing what will happen. People don't want to "waste" and if their stockpile goes full, they feel that they are wasting XP so they will spend gold to avoid wasting this infinitely regenerating resource. I say who cares if it goes full? At that point, either continue to play for other things like supplies, trade goods, fragments, etc., or if XP is a concern, stop playing until you can upgrade a piece of equipment of train a survivor. XP is NOT hard to come by though and your meter will likely be maxed out again in a short amount of time, even when not on a booster. At least it works that way for me. I won't be duped into spending gold because my meter is maxed out, but I don't blame anyone that does.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    mack22 said:

Did that gift horse get kicked in the mouth?

It's an English horse. Horse orthodontics has not grown as popular there as it has in the States.
    l2wannabe
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,254
    edited April 2018
    Can someone loan me some TGs?

*Edit: I dont want to be a dick on the forums, but it just comes to me naturally.
    I'm in Canada now and much of my ancestors are Scottish. Then again, perhaps I should order a 23andme kit.
  • mobbiemobbie Member Posts: 154
    edited April 2018
    That free gift is your weekend event Ng went so far downhill after losing %50 in Q1 just sad lol. Free boosters ain't going make me play on a weekend after hitting a wall
    PigBenis
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    edited April 2018
    mack22 said:

I'm in Canada now and much of my ancestors are Scottish. Then again, perhaps I should order a 23andme kit.

Be careful, some of those companies make genetic data available to anyone who cares to pay for it, including law enforcement.
    That's supposedly how they caught the Golden State Killer. That part is good. But they examined the DNA of innumerable people provided voluntarily to these companies in order to do so.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dna-used-hunt-golden-state-killer-previously-led-wrong-man-n869796

In case there's any confusion:
    Catching serial killers = good.
    Examining DNA of anyone who ever sent it to a particular testing site, or whose data was collected at one testing site and then sold to others, by people who failed to realize their DNA would effectively become a public record by virtue of sending it to said testing site = questionable.
    Mischamack22l2wannabe
    edited April 2018
    > @Mabiki said:
    > I'm in Canada now and much of my ancestors are Scottish. Then again, perhaps I should order a 23andme kit.
    >
    > Be careful, some of those companies make genetic data available to anyone who cares to pay for it, including law enforcement.
    > That's supposedly how they caught the Golden State Killer. That part is good. But they examined the DNA of innumerable people provided voluntarily to these companies in order to do so.
    >
    > https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dna-used-hunt-golden-state-killer-previously-led-wrong-man-n869796
    >
    > In case there's any confusion:
    > Catching serial killers = good.
    > Examining DNA of anyone who ever sent it to a particular testing site, or whose data was collected at one testing site and then sold to others, by people who failed to realize their DNA would effectively become a public record by virtue of sending it to said testing site = questionable.

No confusion here, when I heard the news of his capture I was elated.
    I would never give my DNA that easily, but you know as well as I do, if someone wants it they get it.
    Serp said:

Gas booster is a huge boon for me. When not on a booster on saturdays I feel like I need to constantly be using gas so I’m not wasting refills being full. I was leisurely playing all day Saturday whenever I wanted. Cleared the distance and got a few more rounds on the challenge. Booster is a great weekend event! (For me)

And you just proved my point from above about human nature and people feel like they are "wasting" something imaginary if they don't use it. I was referring to XP, but the same goes for gas. NG knows this and they design their events so that people spend actual money on the game so they don't "waste" XP or supplies, or gas when levels are maxed out. I said it was a ploy by them to get people to use gold, but you and jenn helped to prove my point with your statements, even though people disagreed with me. They are the ones that are too foolish to see the reality of the event.
    Black Labs Matter.
    TJSSCBMAekimhclewSlowMo
    TJS said:

@PigBenis
    I think your miss reading @Serp 's comment because it's the complete opposite of your point. You also said;

@PigBeanis said;
    I'll take the freebies without complaining

For someone who claims they aren't complaining it seems quite the contrary when you've posted three posts in what seems like you're complaining to me.

To be honest, I don't think it would matter what event it is or whatever gift YOU'RE given you'll find a reason to look for negatives. You could have used your gift early in the challenge, or the distance or don't use it at all for all I care. Just don't take the illusion that you make a good argument, speak for the majority or try to convince others and yourself that you're entitled to something that doesn't exist.
    Unlike you, I can read just fine and it is not the opposite of my point. My point is that it's human nature to not want to waste something so players spend gold to cut upgrade times so their XP, supplies, fuel don't sit at max. He said that on non-gas booster Saturdays he feels that he is wasting fuel if he is at full fuel and doesn't use it. That proves my point about human nature and not wanting to "waste" anything, even something imaginary like this gas that only exists in a virtual world. This is the point I was making in the post above.

So apparently, I can't state facts without it being interpreted as me "complaining"? It IS a fact, whether you agree with it or not, that companies, SMART COMPANIES, take advantage of human tendencies. This is an example of that whether you are smart enough to see it or not. Show me ONE thing I said where I was complaining. Just because something is "negative" in your eyes, doesn't mean it is complaining, though since you've shown you can't read, I doubt you understand the definition of the word.

Stating that the event is "worthless to me" is not complaining. It simply points out the fact that I've progressed so far in the challenge missions that I'd need to use gold to heal my survivors from the inevitable damage they'd take playing in a round. So I'd have to wait 2 hours and 15 minutes for my survivors to heal, unless I spent gold to instantly heal them. In that 2 hours and 15 minutes, I'd easily accrue enough fuel to play another mission, hence why I can't take advantage from the 24 hour gas.

Yes, I COULD have used the gift early, but some of us work for a living, and it makes little sense for me to use 24 hour gas at a time when I will be working for 10 hours and then come home and sleep for 7 hours and spend another 2 doing odds and ends around my house. That leaves me 5 hours to play. Doesn't seem like that's mathematically the best use of my 24 hour gas, but that's likely ANOTHER subject in which you struggle. Also, If I HAD used it on Wed,-Fri then that just gives more credibility to the statement that there IS NO WEEKEND EVENT.

Not sure where you get off thinking that I'm speaking for the majority or that you are on some high-horse and feel the need to tell me what I'm trying to do. You are nothing and NOBODY to me. I never said that I'm entitled to anything. Just because someone has a negative point of view, doesn't mean that they are wrong. Look at NG's most recent quarterly report. That's all the proof that I need that the company is floundering and not making the best choices.
    Black Labs Matter.
    TJSJadenbigbeanoanthony172
    TJS said:

I expected you to disagree with my comment above, which is understandable.

What I find funny is at the same time you disagree with this comment ;

TJS said:

I'll be happy if we get a free gas booster every week for a weekend event. :smiley:

You disagree I'll be happy with a free gas booster for a weekend event?
    I won't be happy? You're part of my unconsciousness? :smiley:
    So to the people that agreed with you, how does THAT make sense? How can they possibly know that you will be happy? Are they in your "unconsciousness" too? Why did you not call THEM out for agreeing, but only me when I disagreed? This shows a lack of understanding on your part and YOU are the one contradicting yourself.

You may be happy to get one every weekend, but fortunately you don't speak for everyone, though I don't think you realize this. People that agreed with your statement likely feel the same and would also be happy with one every weekend. That is why they agreed. I WON'T be happy with one every weekend. That is why I disagreed.
    Black Labs Matter.
    TJSJadenbigbeanoanthony172
    TJS said:

:D:D:D Keep not complaining.

That must be some good LSD YOU'RE taking. :trollface:

Continue to show your lack of reading comprehension and poor use of grammar.
    Black Labs Matter.
    TJSJadenbigbeano