When to use Jesus as leader vs Michonne

RoadRashRoadRash Member Posts: 179
I have always been a shooter guy and just finally started to get the hang of melees.

So the past few months I've exclusively used Michonne as the leader of any melee team I have, is there a time where Jesus is better to use than Michonne?

Comments

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Jesus for more damage. Michonne for threat reduction. That's how I'm using them anyway.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    anthony172romeo
  • RoadRashRoadRash Member Posts: 179
    I just cant get past the thought of an extra turn using Michonne and cant justify in my mind using Jesus and the threat reduction..
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    I used Jesus or Morgan as a leader the few times I used melee teams other than for farming, which Glenn is the man. That is till I just got Michonne, I don't I will use Jesus again...The threat reduction and other leader trait is just to beneficial. She is the melee version of Sasha. Jesus is the melee version of Abe. So both are still very useful...
    kamilowatyanthony172
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 805
    I've got an Epic Michonne and a 1 Pink Jesus. If I could swap the levels among them, I would...
    CBgaming1969kamilowaty
  • BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263
    In some challenge missions, there is no threat bar (Kill all walkers/enemies). In others there is a constant spawn which is unaffected by threat reduction. In either of those situations, Michonne's threat reduction is irrelevant That just leaves her swift strike bonus. Now, the swift strike bonus on its own can be very useful but it isn't reliable, whereas Jesus's health and damage bonuses are always reliable.

In the last challenge, I used Jesus for S.W.A.T. and Michonne for all the other missions where melee worked (most of them). In the challenge before that, I used Jesus in Dead Ends, not Michonne. Sometimes better damage and health just counts for more.
    tabernacromeo
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,189
    edited May 2018

I used Jesus or Morgan as a leader the few times I used melee teams other than for farming, which Glenn is the man. That is till I just got Michonne, I don't I will use Jesus again...The threat reduction and other leader trait is just to beneficial. She is the melee version of Sasha. Jesus is the melee version of Abe. So both are still very useful...

I'm not gonna be the guy who spams the disagree button :lol:. But I I don't agree, I think Morgan is the melee version of Sasha since both of their traits involve gaining charge points. If anything she's the melee version of Daryl :wink:

As mentioned, if there is a spawn counter then Michonne is the queen. For a kill all walkers mission then Jesus is probably going to be better, especially as he has the better offensive traits.
    anthony172Jaden
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Might also depend on which is higher pedigree. If one is Epic and the other is Legendary, ymmv because as you get higher in difficulty you will want all the traits they have since they are lacking a trait when used as non-leaders.

However I agree with what was said, not gonna bring Morgan or others into the equation because that was not the question.

If you have a counter, and little in the way of "extra" spawns, take Michonne. If it's a set # of enemies and no counter, the Jesus is the man. (Though imho, if there is no spawn counter anyways, I bring my big guns and don't care about the noise)
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

CBgaming1969
    edited May 2018
    I agree with you on Morgan @WellyLuga except you are required to take damage to get the charge point. My comparison of Michonne and Sasha is due to the weapons on her scout accompaniment with both have quick charge the gaining of an action point is closer with out taking damage...swift strike, extra charge point, etc. comes close while still not losing a star...but you are correct that Morgan is the true Sasha, but a true badass like Michonne is a great poor man's Sasha,)
    aquila
    and I thought Carol was melee version of Daryl, maybe a little Gab,)
  • BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263

(Though imho, if there is no spawn counter anyways, I bring my big guns and don't care about the noise)

A lot depends on the mission. In some of the cramped ones (Dead Ends, Yard Work, Big Boss Man) ranged has a high risk of backing away from one group into another and being mobbed. Melee has a real edge there (no pun intended), because they work better in tight spaces and can quite reasonably run away from one fight into another. On the other hand, if you do have room, ranged can wear down a big bad. And then there's Spikey. I have taken Spikey on with melee but that's a rare situation (works OK in Secret Factory, though).

CBgaming1969bigbeano
  • RoadRashRoadRash Member Posts: 179
    The spawn counter is a very valid point to use Jesus on those missions.

Thanks for the input, Like I said I just got into melee chars so learning as I go.
    Boukephalos
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,189
    edited May 2018
    Oh @CBgaming1969, you and your persistent disagrees :lol:.

@Boukephalos I do agree tho, there are some challenge maps which become a scrap when it gets tough in the challenge and melee is more suited to that.
    TJS