Very quiet

2»

Comments

• Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited May 2018
    > @Japes87 said:
    > Does it drive anyone else nuts when people use "defiantly" instead of "definitely" ? It's gotta be the most misused word after your , you're, their , there, they're ... the grammar Nazi in me cringes

I'm more enraged by the you're your there their than "defiantly." What really burns my ass besides a flame 3 feet tall is when people say "very unique", "extremely unique", "incredibly unique" etc. Unique means one of a kind. If something is one of a kind it's one of a kind. It can't be very one of a kind or extremely one of a kind or incredibly one of a kind etc.

Back on subject I wouldn't hold my breath for any new content.
    Japes87Jadenromeo
  • l2wannabel2wannabe Member Posts: 513

@Kaz I'm so excited! I just can't hide it! I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!!

@Starr621
    http://www.magickeys.com/books/riddles/words.html
    Enjoy these as well:
    HOMONYMS are words that sound alike but have different meanings. Homophones are a type of homonym that also sound alike and have different meanings, but have different spellings.

HOMOGRAPHS are words that are spelled the same but have different meanings. Heteronyms are a type of homograph that are also spelled the same and have different meanings, but sound different.

WORDS THAT BOTH SOUND THE SAME AND ARE SPELLED THE SAME are both homonyms (same sound) and homographs (same spelling). Example: lie (untruth) and lie (prone); fair (county fair), fair (reasonable).

You have no idea @ShadowaceAz how many times I read this just to be as confused as the first time I read it...lol
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,057
    edited May 2018
    @ShadowaceAz

Nope, he is still with us but dropped down from the highest guild to the middle and now to the lowest minimum one (180+ stars). And I get his frustration.

@WellyLuga

He probably missed the short post by Kaz in between all the (to me very interesting) talk about words and grammar and everything. :D
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    WellyLugabigbeano
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,057
    I got another pet peeve - when someone says "axed" instead of asked. Or "expresso"... No one attacked you with an axe and there is no x in espresso. :D
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Japes87DBonesSCBMA
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    "I could care less" used to mean "I couldn't care less" but totally different meaning.. You could care less than you already do , meaning you care
    DBonesRealClareBSCBMAJaden
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    It must be very, very quiet if those are our main issues at the moment... :wink:
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    DBonesromeoSCBMAJaden
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    edited May 2018
    Jaden said:

I got another pet peeve - when someone says "axed" instead of asked. Or "expresso"... No one attacked you with an axe and there is no x in espresso. :D

You must be using an archaic pronunciation of the word.

• DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    @Governator Will that update provide us with the 12 steps needed to overcome our NML addiction or assist us in seeking legal action for becoming addicted to the game?
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    GovernatorSCBMAJadenbigbeano