Revenge bug...

We all know by now that Revenge activates when a Freeman is attacked by a walker, thereby shooting the attacking walker. Annoying.

Several times this week on Handrails, I’ve noticed that Revenge will also activate when a Freeman attacks a walker, thereby shooting the attacking Freeman.

Am I going crazy? Is this new? Is this a “fix?”
“Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
msapaevDBones

Comments

• aaxt555aaxt555 Member Posts: 120
    As far as I can tell, it’s whoever is closer to your revenge user.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,393
    I also agree with the closest to. I have never had it activate when a walker is hit, but I swear if my guy has his back turned, he doesn't see it and it does not activate.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

However I have to say Revenge has done me a lot of good this challenge. I wish all my assaults had it.
    Concordia

romeoMattOfEarthDLich
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,937
    Has always been like that - Revenge gets triggered by either walkers attacking Freemen or vice versa.

Must be so confusing for the survivor with Revenge to distinguish between friend and foe so they just shoot whatever hits first, no matter what it hits, no matter if it helps you or works against you. Nervous trigger finger or something...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
    I_Am_PsychosbfDBones
    Jaden said:

Has always been like that - Revenge gets triggered by either walkers attacking Freemen or vice versa.

You sure it works when a walker is hit? Cause if so, then any attack made by any other survivor should trigger your Revenge capable survivors to always get a second shot.

The way it was explained to me;

Freemen are treated as Survivors/Heroes and that is why your blind shooter cannot distinguish friend from foe. Basically a human voice screams I'm hit, I'm gonna die here! so your Survivors just aims toward the sound.

As walkers have no speech, they do not trigger deaf, dumb, and blind to shoot.
    Concordia

edited May 2018
    @Jaden @Kaz @Shteevie

Maybe someone can explain why Revenge is so fickle on activating, here's an example of it not even triggering.

Season 7A, Episode 5

More shows to have Revenge trait:

*edit to add:
    1:58 is where it should be in a place to trigger

Yet it never activated:
    Concordia

romeoKazDLich
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    And its a big problem on mission 18 of The Distance this week ... Maybe not as bad for end gamers with more power, but once those kabooms are gone, it's much harder on a subsequent attempt.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    DLich
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,937

Jaden said:

You sure it works when a walker is hit? Cause if so, then any attack made by any other survivor should trigger your Revenge capable survivors to always get a second shot.

The way it was explained to me;

Freemen are treated as Survivors/Heroes and that is why your blind shooter cannot distinguish friend from foe. Basically a human voice screams I'm hit, I'm gonna die here! so your Survivors just aims toward the sound.

As walkers have no speech, they do not trigger deaf, dumb, and blind to shoot.
    Yes, very sure. Doesn't matter, ranged can not distinguish between enemies - they are all treated as either friend or foe, depending on who gets hit first. They probably all look the same from a distance or whatever. :p

Also regarding your video and everything else you might want to know about Revenge and how buggy it is: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/27065/revenge-trait-behaviour-you-should-know-before-using-it/

Almost one year ago, still the same buggy behaviour. So in theory, Revenge is great.

But if there are Freemen, not so great...

If there are exploders (ka-booms, goo), very dangerous...

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
    ShadowaceAzDBones
    @Jaden flicking A! That's a wonderful link!! Thank you

That post if from before I started playing so I would never have found it had these questions/this thread not been made.

I know they can't pin everything, but damn, been playing since September and never put those tidbits together. That, if I remember, could be amazingly helpful on Ka-Boom type maps. Also the Distance map with boomers.

All I have to do is make sure my Revenge survivor is in Overwatch and I won't get that "Oh Shit" moment when you are face to face with an grenadier and now have to try to hide your revenge survivor.
    Concordia

• Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited May 2018
    > @ShadowaceAz said:

> Freemen are treated as Survivors/Heroes and that is why your blind shooter cannot distinguish friend from foe. Basically a human voice screams I'm hit, I'm gonna die here! so your Survivors just aims toward the sound.
    >
    > As walkers have no speech, they do not trigger deaf, dumb, and blind to shoot.

Oh wow after nearly 20 years we have an explanation as to why Jamie Lee Curtis' gun in True Lies goes off from hitting stairs---her blind revenge trait had been triggered!!!
    ShadowaceAz
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,037
    @MattOfEarth, I thought I was the only one seeing the revenge bug. Yep, it happened to me too. My survivor doing a revenge attack when a freemen was hit. I noticed in the last week Distance
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
  • RevengerRevenger Member Posts: 17
    Survivors/Heros & Freemen Are Same Program guys..So Revenge Activates on Them.
  • KazKaz Community Manager Posts: 1,423

@Jaden @Kaz @Shteevie

Maybe someone can explain why Revenge is so fickle on activating, here's an example of it not even triggering.

Season 7A, Episode 5

More shows to have Revenge trait:

*edit to add:
    1:58 is where it should be in a place to trigger

Yet it never activated:

Alright, that I've never seen. Thanks for the video, it would help us a lot! :)

We all know by now that Revenge activates when a Freeman is attacked by a walker, thereby shooting the attacking walker. Annoying.

Several times this week on Handrails, I’ve noticed that Revenge will also activate when a Freeman attacks a walker, thereby shooting the attacking Freeman.

Am I going crazy? Is this new? Is this a “fix?”

We have the first situation reported and yes, it wasn't supposed to work like that. Do you remember if the second situation happens only sometimes or is it 100% of times? I've never seen Revenge being triggered because a Freemen attacked a walker, but again, shouldn't be working like that. :/

I don't know when this issue will get to the devs, but hopefully after the upcoming update!

Thanks for the feedback, videos and info, guys!
    romeoShadowaceAz
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 618
    @Kaz, unfortunately I don't keep track of every move and the results of every move. Usually a Freemen getting attacked results in Revenge survivors shooting the attacking walker. So it stuck out like a sore thumb when a Freeman attacked a walker and my Revenge survivor shot the Freeman. It happened at least 3 times. The first time, I thought my eyes had just played tricks on me, but then it happened again and again.

I don't think there is any reason to go messing with the code, unless the devs are also going to fix Revenge defending the Freemen. Not a big deal.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    ShadowaceAz
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,085
    Honestly, I don't mind the Revenge bug. I have a Shooter without Revenge for the times where it is inconvenient to have Revenge (e.g., Kaboom), and this week, the Revenge bug + Sasha helped charge my Shooters up really quickly.

I'd be okay if this were lower on your priority list @NG :)
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    ShadowaceAzMattOfEarthJadenSCBMA