Tie rewards to survivor level.

Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,044
I know equipment level in reward crates is based on the difficulty, it would make more sense to receive gear that is either your current level or one ahead.
As I progress through the challenge I get more and more of this unusable gear that just gets scrapped instantly.
I am also confused as to why I'm getting this common, uncommon and rare gear, I thought that was removed from crates and replaced with xp or supplies.

Comments

• ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    It is removed after RSL 20 for the Gold Crates.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Danski_46T_12
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/33251/council-upgrade-and-balancing-changes-in-2-10#latest
    Kaz said:

- Gold Mission Crates after missions of Difficulty 20 or greater will have a smaller chance to contain Weapons or armor, and all Equipment found in these crates will be Epic or Legendary.
    - Weapons and Armor found in Deluxe Challenge Crates and Gold Rewards Crates purchased from the Trade Goods shop will be either Epic or Legendary for players of Council level 20 or greater.

Concordia

• Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,044
    Thanks, I obviously missed that.
    Still think any gear received should be on your level or the next one.
    I'm level 20 and can't use level 23-24 gear for a long time.
    ShadowaceAz
    Sadly, you did as I and upgraded your camp faster than your survivors. The crates are based, as you said, on camp level. However any item for sale will always be the level of your highest survivor of that class.

I have many level 23 and 24 epic and legendary, but my survivors are only 20. The good news is the 'AutoScrap after 300 items' will never scrap Epic or Legendary items. I would suggest, depending on the traits, to simply hold them until you progress further. Remember how hard it is to find decent gear of your level. When you do promote, you might be happy you held them.

As I said, my folks are almost all 18-20 but here is a peek at one of my inventory screens.

I scrap some during double XP scrapping events, but for the most part, I just hold them.
    Concordia

Danski_46T_12
    I asked support why I was receiving gear of a higher level and the answer was the difficulty level.
    When I do scavenge missions say for equipment, if I do hard which is level 24 walkers I will get level 23-24 gear. If I do the easier difficulty which for me is 21 I will receive level 20-21 gear.
    Sometimes I get lucky and land a legendary piece with decent traits although that is very rare.
    It's hard enough to find good gear in this game and it would be easier if we didn't get gear that's a few levels in front.
    I do have legendary gear for when I eventually reach those levels but not for my next one which is 21.
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 491
    This is a feature, not a bug.
    You're being rewarded for pushing the difficulty! That's awesome! You can scrap anything less than epic which is months away from utility, and you get a peek at the gear that you'll eventually agonize over upgrading or just using for a week or so. Believe me, I've stared at juicy gear above my levels, just waiting to boost it... so that I can keep pushing difficulty! (Frankly, if you can't hang against L+5/6, it's your gear or tokens hamstringing you).

That said: I'd like my trash-scrap gear to be worth at least what an XP chest is worth. THAT'S always disappointing: "Yay, a common gun that scraps for a thousand less XP than a normal chest. Thanks for the extra three clicks to earn 80% income, NG."
    Yeah but it's the same gear I have so not sure what you meant.
    I have no problem at higher levels, my only issue now is my level 21 survivors are mostly using level 20 gear because I only get l23-4 gear on missions.