Radio Event has been nerfed

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,527
    Understanding the difference between "criticism" and "constructive criticism" is useful.

But I could be way wrong...

Torches and pitchforks do get results more often than not.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    edited May 2018
    Also, just fishing here, but does everyone understand why it would be SUPER BAD if NGs suddenly gave everyone a free 10,000,000 gold and 5,000,000 radios?

Just curious.
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    romeo
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 606
    I definitely understand your argument @Japes87 and can see why you feel that way, I simply don't agree and I think that's ok, no offense intended.
    Japes87
  • SerpSerp Member Posts: 611
    edited May 2018
    In the words of Pink Floyd I think I have become comfortably numb to the nerfs. If you keep your expectations low, and I mean way, way, way low, the disappointment is lessened.

Edit to add...and your wallets closed.
    GovernatorKillersZ
    Maybe someone can start a NERF Hall of Fame thread?

Worse for me... Hmmmm... Lucky nerf hit me hard, all my guys were classic lucky/dodge/BD builds. Oh and The Reckoning nerf... Right after I bought the legendary Molotov? That one had me pissed for weeks.
    KillersZ
  • SerpSerp Member Posts: 611
    Interrupt for me, hands down
    JadenJayZCaptainslayer
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    I just like nerf. They can beat ya up all they want, but they can't really hurt ya.

Little brother cries to mommie that "Timmy hit me with the Nerf bat again".
    Mommie responds, "Keep coming to tattletale and cry and I'll hand him the real bat".

Nerf can be fun!

Speaking of Nerf!
    Can we get a new pistol? It could have wide spread instead
    of High Power.

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

ATLAS-ZGovernator
  • warwar Member Posts: 447
    I wonder if there's ever drama in their office in Helsinki.
    romeoJenngJaden
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,785
    Japes87 said:

This isn't a new event .. this is the most looked forward to event and one that has become necessary for the players for progression at levels where it costs 2000 tokens to upgrade one trait ..

Even if NG gave us 4000 radios each , that would not be enough to upgrade one survivor from 2 pink stars to 3 ..

I don't know, maybe it's just me , but I think the players should be showing solidarity here , they took this event away from all of us. I feel attacked because they have taken TG, multiple ways to get phones, and other resources away without adding any substantial ways to get those resources back . This is just the final act in a business plan that is pushing good players and community members away . I'm personally upset because I care about my friends and this game and I'm seeing it go into its last stage in a very disappointing way. Sorry if my being upset offends people lol .. hopefully your guilds are as chipper as you guys with these nerfs

Wait! I haven't said anything so far...but why you need to upgrade survs to 3 pink stars? :#
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,081
    @CBgaming1969

Yet somewhere people sit in meetings and read post like this and laugh saying "well we got a show that was the hottest show 3 years ago to keep us moving forward" yet the show is dying the game is dying but their other adventures will carry the company... right to out of business
    R2runfast
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 565
    This was the best event by an absolute country mile, so not surprised it's being brought more in line with other events. However, getting twice as many radios as normal (i.e. not many) isn't worth buying gas boosters, so I probably won't bother. I also never buy radios in bundles because the value of such bundles is generally terrible... net effect - no money from me.

That's fair enough, but actually I quite like giving some money to the game every now and again - this is just one less opportunity to do it.
    Mischa
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    NG ≠ Rockstar

We DO MIND in this case!!

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    @Drunken I disagree that the show itself is dying, it's still one of my top 5 shows that I watch. Which means, for me I'm excited to watch and pissed about the long break...some of the shows got a little away from why I like them from time to time, but then they go ahead and kill Carl and get back to business, that and Enid kills the leader of the beach people that they were begging for help and of course Jadus grinding up her own people.

But the game isn't reflective of any of that...I came late to the show 4th season, so I'm still good, even though I can figure most things out at the beginning of each episode they still throw enough curves to keep me interested. I came to the game late as well, in June it will be a year...no curves are being thrown by NG, except bad ones that hit the batter in the head so to speak, such as nerfing everything.

Sorry the show is starting to disappoint you:(***
    @Dlich at lunch right now so time limited, might read through that in a minute...

From your first line tho I can say you cannot apply same logic to show and game.

Just like you cannot compare customer service for washing machines vs outback steakhouse... You will always need more food, but probably only one washing machine. Same rules don't apply.
    @CBgaming1969

While the show still might be great for you and 7m other viewers the reality is the show is in fact dying. The season Finale was the lowest watched one since Season 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/e2-80-98walking-dead-e2-80-99-season-8-finale-ratings-lowest-since-season-1/ar-AAvYMNg

While AMC and The Walking Dead could view this as NG views customers leaving the fact is still the same. Something needs to change and needs to change quickly. Difference is I believe the show can make the shift change and toss us curve balls and suck fans back. The game isn't likely to draw back players that have quite. In fact games rarely get a player to return once they have left.
    DrUnpleasant
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 565
    Very true - customer reactivation is rare. New customers coming into the game are put off by the idea of spending a year getting to the 'end game' where the top players are (and yeah, I started playing in August 2017 and expect to get to lv24 by August 2018). Other games do compensate for this by having tiered individual competition, but NML doesn't do the competitive aspect very well - although that's actually something I like in many ways.
    Hypothetically, let's say they had a radio event, the original variety, say twice a month over the last year...

Many of us would likely have several max 10-star survivors, maybe even some 9-star heroes or more.

Then what? Lots of players get bored very quickly in "LEVEL UP" type game if there's no further room to progress.

You could say, yeah but new players keep coming in attracted by the fast pace, but there is a finite number of players that will take interest in this game. At this point probably not a lot of new players coming on board. The vast majority that could take an interest in a game like this are probably already playing it. Fast forward them to maximum and you've got a bigger problem than a few players upset about a few nerfs.

The show is completely different mechanic. You can't compare apples to oranges.

For the game, you could argue, "well they can just put out new content". Sure,, they could, but I can't even imagine the challenge of constantly finding new material that will still be challenging and engaging to players sitting around with 10-star survivors.

And for those guys that did spend money before, why would they now? No reason to, your already maxed out.

And if Next ain't making money, what's their motivation to keep making content? It's a business after all. Mother Teresa wasn't a game designer last I checked.
    @BiggyGuyinTWD

Here is the problem with the statement on the game. The company was growing and succeeding, instead of re-investing into the Flagship game NML they have decided to pursue other avenues. Which in turn as turned off bigger spenders from the game. The company obviously was growing and they could have put out more content and kept bundles and weekend events similar and succeeded. Instead they nerfed every reward aspect in game, pushed a new council upgrade, even nerfed bundles, and changed weekend events which was met with at best 50/50 reviews. While keeping the same mindless grind.

NG is solely banking on their pokemon go game. They are hoping that carries them forward, but problem is with gaming companies they start to over think themselves. Develop one game make it the best possible and keep that flagship. PerBlue is a great example of a phone based gaming company that epically failed leaving behind their flagship game.

Another great example that is console based and a huge company is Bungie with Destiny. Destiny 1 was a beast of a game that had what 5 year run? Well they pushed out and slopped out Destiny 2 too quickly and there wasn't any major change in the game. Now Destiny has seen such a massive decrease in players.
    Bungie is a little different because they were massive before Destiny. They had a great run with HALO but eventually they got stuck on Halo and rolled out Destiny to pick the company back up.

NG doesn't have the luxury. If the new Pokémon Go fails NG will fail.
    Danski_46CBgaming1969TatdJdm
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited May 2018
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    SCBMA
    @Drunken even if they had not done any other games, no man's land has a limited life span. You can only level up so much. Surely you see that??

I hope they keep it going for a long while, but it's in their best interest not to have all eggs in one basket. Come on dude.
    SCBMA