Radio Event has been nerfed

Comments

• anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 642
    I still "love" the game and i think the game still entertaining and fun. However, I understand the old gamers, including myself, behavior and why we react like that. Because we're seeing how the best old events and traits being nerf. Also, this one is my personal opinion, how monotonous and boring the challenge is becoming. They have an awesome maps in The Chapters missions and they don't use it. They created new maps for the challenge and how many times have we played it? They need to do something with it.
    romeoJenngDBonesMattOfEarth
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,014
    edited May 2018
    Hey one last thing tho...

@kaz did suggest we might have a voice to help choose between

ShittyOption-#1 ((Traditional Radio Event to be held twice a Year))

~AND~

ShittyOption-#2 ((Radioactive Event to be held 4 or more times a Year))

~AND~

ShittyOption-#3 ((Both of these suck so bad I'd rather throw my vote away on ShittyOption-#3))

I don't know how to make polls, but that would be a good one if you guys wanted to give input between these two?

With a recommendation to vote after participating in this weekends event?
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    SCBMAGovernatorromeoMischa
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,395
    I think this entire thread is about just wanting "shitty option 1" back .. nobody in here ever asked for more than what we were already used to the past 2 years. Even one version of the old event would beat 5 or 6 versions of the new event.. if you don't believe me , I'm sure Dlich, OLT, or one of the other recognized number gurus can confirm that. We will see for sure after this weekend pans out though
    deb1hdPic
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,391
    I am really lost myself, maybe I haven't been playing long enough, but with the announcement of the event Iam not sure what was said or indicated to show it is a nerf of anything.

Would someone walk me through what's happening without insults or assuming I'm an idiot ?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

anthony172romeoMischaMattOfEarth
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited May 2018
    @ShadowaceAz
    The difference is...
    Old; Radio drops increased and improved. (ie; Bronze Crate 2 Radios, Silver Crate 4 Radios, Gold Crate 6 Radios)
    New; Radio drops increased but no improvement. (ie; Bronze Crate 1 Radio, Silver Crate 2 Radios, Gold Crate 4 Radios)

*edited to add bronze.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    anthony172Mischa
  • aaxt555aaxt555 Member Posts: 118
    @TJS interesting. That actually means if they run the event twice as frequently we actually get slightly more radios than before, since gold crate amount didn’t double before.
    TJS
    edited May 2018
    @aaxt555
    That's probably right. ;)

(If Drop Rates Are The Same)
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    @TJS and others , that is incorrect ..
    Previous radio droprates were higher based to start when the last event happened and bronze crates had 3x higher chance of radios and silver and gold crates 2x higher chance of radios .. this means that people could farm for a couple of hours and get a couple hundred radios .. the new radio droprates, combined with what Kaz said about the higher chance this time , just means you will get twice the chance to see the same radio drops from crates .. the old event is not even comparable .

@OneLessTitan @DLich little help Here please since you have the actual numbers ? I don't know how to quote on here.. people still don't understand how bad of a nerf this was:/
    edited May 2018
    @Japes87
    We don't know if drop rates themselves have been changed. The only thing we know is Radios in crates are not increased like the previous event.

In previous event Gold Crates contained 6 Radios, Silver 4, Bronze 2.

Gold Crates were not 8 Radios in previous event.

*edit to add
    We don't know how much drop rates were improved in previous event as drop rates were not released at that time. The only thing we know it Radios in Crates are not increased this coming event.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    mack22SCBMA
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,014
    Also factor in not everyone can no-life on the snap all weekend when NGs decides to drop a radio event...

2 of the last 3 I was working/busy so couldn't take full advantage.

More frequent events (even if nerfed) increases the chances more people can take advantage.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    TJSmack22MadPuppySCBMA
    Last actual event we had like this was on Christmas and only one day , this nerfed version on mother's day weekend ,, with all their analytics there's obviously a method to this .. But that's a whole nother story .. @TJS OLT posted actual rates in this thread already on the first page, quoting just doesn't work for me on this site . Like I said though , if radios rates are only doubled, it won't be even comparable to the old event
    @Japes87
    I saw the comment. (quoted below)
    I'm not sure where he got those drop rates from, maybe from what he and others appeared to experience because as far as I'm aware drop rates weren't released at the time of the last event as JayZ mentioned. (quoted below)
    Kaz says drop rates were double in all crates. (I can only assume that is true.) He does not mention if that has changed, I guess we'll only know when the event starts. (quoted below)

That's what we know as far are drop rates.

What we do know is in previous event Gold Crates contained 6 Radios, Silver 4, Bronze 2. Exactly what I said in my previous comment.

OneLessTitan

And for those that want to compare this event to previous radio events (when they ran for the entire weekend), here's the drop rates found that were consistent across multiple radio events:
    Bronze Crate: 15% (instead of 5% outside of event)
    Silver Crate: 8% (instead of 4% outside of event)
    Gold Crate: 6% (instead of 3% outside of event)

JayZ
    Agreed. It's too bad we couldn't see the "increased" percentage of the last time they ran the radio event to be able to compare this event to the previous event. We can only compare this event to normal drop rates.

Kaz
    The chances were doubled in all crates (Normal/Silver/Gold) and those are the same numbers from the previous events. Between Increased and Double, they would sound the same. And a "reasonable increase" is not the best way to sell an event, haha. But the drop tables will be there to clear any doubt!
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    SCBMA
    All I know is I had 14 radios on Tuesday and 76 today. Yes I did just complete the bi-weekly season mission, but I did Monday's and that gave me enough for a call. I had 14 left on Tuesday.

Just a moment ago, 3 of the 10 wall walkers gave me radios. I nearly wept as they were in succession. 👏🏻
    Concordia

mack22Mischa
    @TJS at the time people were super interested in deciphering mysterious droprates .. It was another age . There were countless threads and groups outside the forums contributing data , I know OLT and he's a purist, he would never post anything with drop data without huge test samples .. this is why Im calling him back into this thread he probably wants no part of haha (sorry buddy)
    @Japes87
    If he is 100% in his data collected that would mean Kaz is lying by saying it was doubled.

Maybe if that can be proven then a complaint can be issued to Apple.

All I can say is "Goodluck with that."

Don't misunderstand me, I am not defending a nerf, I'm simply giving facts I know to be known facts. When RNG is involved, it's very difficult to prove that data collection is 100% correct.

Nevertheless, the event has been nerfed, can 'we' change that by complaining? Maybe.
    Have 'I' got better things to worry about?
    Yes.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    mack22MischaSCBMA
    @TJS than why are you commenting in this thread? No offence .. but there's plenty of threads I don't care about and I don't post in them unless I'm tagged.. move on if you don't want to be a part of trying to make a difference . I'm close to leaving the game over this so I'm trying to prevent them from ruining one of the last things I truly look forward to in this game, will I make a difference? Maybe not , but weirder things have happened .
    Move on to threads you actually care about and I will join you in debate if they fall in line with things I care about too
    Pic
    @Japes87
    Did I say I didn't care?
    I simply said I have better things to do that complain. I also simply stated facts which is what is important.

I have as much right to comment anywhere as you do. I answered a players question. 'You' tagged me saying I was incorrect which it total crap!

If you want to get all personal that's fine but don't tell me what I can, should or shouldn't do!
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    ShadowaceAzMischaSCBMA
    edited May 2018
    Edited : Aplogies to TJS, I misunderstood your post . Leaving this thread until the weekend pans out
    TJSMadPuppy
    edited May 2018
    *Also edit
    My apologies also Japes87. Peace & respect!

Good luck within your game!
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Japes87MadPuppy
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,116
    @Japes87 2 things 1st the event hasn't started yet so quit your whinging until Saturday afternoon. Secondaly when was the last phone event that actually lasted the whole weekend?
    ShadowaceAzbigbeanoPic
    edited May 2018
    @Firekid
    I'll answer that.
    I believe the last time the event happened around x-mas 2017, it ran all weekend. (If I remember correctly, it was actually unfairly cut short by a few hours)

[Edit to add, my date is incorrect]

Secondly, we all need to understand the difference in complaining and frustration. I believe frustration is the main issue here. It's important to allow players to vent their frustration without confusing that with complaining.

Peace to all and All the very best luck over the event and in your game in general.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    mack22MischaSCBMAJapes87
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,087
    @Firekid everyone has their opinion and are entitled to them. Some ppl here are more invested in this game (the OG's) then others.
    Your posting was just bad form.
    FirekidJapes87Pic
    OG?
    Concordia

• kamilowatykamilowaty Member Posts: 148
    edited May 2018
    @ShadowaceAz yeah Orginals, ya know oldschool players here, end gamers :)
    About topic - Im pickin 3 nerfed days of radio event over one day with huge drops.More peeps will take advantage of it imo.

All I know is I had 14 radios on Tuesday and 76 today. Yes I did just complete the bi-weekly season mission, but I did Monday's and that gave me enough for a call. I had 14 left on Tuesday.

Just a moment ago, 3 of the 10 wall walkers gave me radios. I nearly wept as they were in succession. 👏🏻

Sorry, make that 92 radios now.

Happy dance!
    ᕕ( ᐕ )ᕗ - ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Concordia

kamilowaty
  • warlordfwarlordf Member Posts: 220
    2 days and 5 pages of posts, during the weekend lots of new topics asking if its working... not a good decision from my point of view but lets wait.