Radio Event has been nerfed

1234568»

Comments

• jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 210
    > @Japes87 said:
    > Why are people in here thanking NG for nerfing the best event and only one that made a huge difference to upgrading our characters ?
    >
    > They nerfed an amazing event (the last amazing event) and how could someone who loves this game try to put a positive spin on it?
    >
    > Everyone is entitled to their own opinion , but the way this thread and the weekend has gone makes me question what this once great community has become .. being positive is great, but we can positively know that every single comment defending this nerf will just lead NG to thinking they did the right thing here . Yes you are all entitled to your opinions and this is mine .. going dark for a while to decide if I want to keep playing this game, peace for now to all my friends here .

I agree that it was an amazing event, no doubt about that. My positivity comes from the hopes that they'll be able to run it at least twice as much. The previous version saw not quite doubled phones in each crate (bronze and silver were doubled while gold crates had a 50% increase). Ergo, if they run the current event twice as often, you could potentially get twice the phones. For an analogy, it would be like your boss saying he could give you a $1,000 bonus twice per year, or a $600 bonus four times per year. Which would you pick?
  • Raven2318Raven2318 Member Posts: 184
    The bonus analogy is a false premise. If your boss says ‘come in for a day of overtime at $500, twice a year, and you have to pay $20 per day in parking/gas, you are up $960 for two days of work. If your boss then says ‘come in for four days of overtime at $250 a day’, but you pay the same cost for parking/gas, you are ‘up’ by $920 in money, but are putting in 4 days of work. If you only do the two original days you wanted to do, you get $460.
    jrodrf2Jaden
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 210
    > @Raven2318 said:
    > The bonus analogy is a false premise. If your boss says ‘come in for a day of overtime at $500, twice a year, and you have to pay $20 per day in parking/gas, you are up $960 for two days of work. If your boss then says ‘come in for four days of overtime at $250 a day’, but you pay the same cost for parking/gas, you are ‘up’ by $920 in money, but are putting in 4 days of work. If you only do the two original days you wanted to do, you get $460.

Alright, I see your point. But that analogy doesn't apply to everyone just like mine didn't (as you correctly pointed out) the difference for me is I don't pay for parking ;)
    anthony172Mischa
  • Raven2318Raven2318 Member Posts: 184
    Or I could choose the ‘thanks, no thanks, I’ll do the overtime but take the bus’ route, which means I’ll get less money however many days I put in, but won’t be paying out for extra gas. I suspect many here will do the same. Saved myself a booster this weekend for openers. And given the results, don’t even know if I’ll trouble myself again. May just find something else to do with what used to be a truly great event. :-)
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,119
    Ok I got my 250 phones from this weeks event which was my target earlier in the thread. I think that's a decent return for a weekend event. Compared to other like jackpot or 5 second upgrades etc I would definitely take this event!
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 488
    edited May 2018
    Mixed feelings from me. Playing 'normally' I got around 100 phones over the weekend - which is clearly more than I'd get usually.

On the upside - I didn't buy a gas booster (and would have got an XP booster too) so that's £5 saved and I enjoyed my weekend more than if I'd spent 14 hours grinding missions.

On the downside - last time this was run I got 450 phones, which really helped my heroes get to Legendary when Hero Week runs. I imagine that 450 doesn't go as far when you're a top level player with a long time in the game, but for someone like me playing 'catch-up' it was a huge boost.

Fact is that phones in bundles are stupidly, stupidly overpriced. Like beyond crazy in terms of value per $. Nerfing this event isn't going to make me spend money on phones (tbh I'm not the target audience for such bundles) but it did stop me spending a little on gas/xp boosts.
    Raven2318Pic
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,015
    I did boost Friday and got a good couple hours in but not as much as I would have liked.

The two images below were from Beach Life Tara missions which I found were much more generous for me this time around than any other missions this weekend.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    mack22romeo
  • PicPic Member Posts: 587
    250 150? Maybe I need to take my butt to a cell tower and pray to the holyness of all phones.
    mik81Mischa
1234568»