Challenge Player Survey

ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,306
edited May 25 in Suggestions & Ideas
Hey, gang!

It's been a minute since I have posted here; I've been really busy working on the next two updates, and trying to get things as awesome as possible for you all. In the meantime, it seems like it's time to address some player concerns about the length and progress speed of the Challenges. It wasn't too long ago that we shortened things with the Ultimate Challenge and the changes in 2.10, but some players are still experiencing a weekly game event that doesn't meet their expectations for intensity, skillful play, and, well... challenge.

I wanted to make sure that we got as much information as we could from the community before adjusting things, so we have prepared a short survey for players to fill out. This will help us make sure that we have the thoughts and desires of players of all levels in mind when we make these changes, so we can find something that works best for as many players as possible. We'll compare the answers we see here to those we can derive from the game data, and this will give us a better picture in total.

The survey should only take a few minutes to fill out, and can only be completed once per person, so please be sure to answer every question. I ask that you point your guild mates and other in-game friends to the survey to help us get as many answers as possible. We are not collecting email addresses or in-game names, and all of the data here is completely anonymous to us. We do hope that players answer constructively; this is all a group effort to make the game the best it can be!

You can find the survey here:
(Link removed)

We'll be collecting answers for the next 2 weeks, so everyone will have time to submit answers.

Thanks in advance,
Shteevie and the NML dev team
Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
KazPutchucobuchizombiebreathDLichWeekOnebladgierAndy_bTJSTheCrabmik81suzequeueJadenSCBMAanthony172JenngFacooTHCrosskiwinz7AmBushmsapaevmack22ekimhclew

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,499
    I'm terrible with tests... Can someone share the answers with me?

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    MadPuppythedoonerekimhclew
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 2,740
    edited May 14
    Edited by request
    Zette
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,306
    @JayZ
    While I'm happy to get your responses, like the responses of other players, to the survey, I would appreciate if you would edit your comment so we don't put answers in others' mouths before they take the survey themselves. Thanks!
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,318
    Thanks @Shteevie and NG for this survey!!!
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 2,740
    @Shteevie Gah, you caught me. Although I wasn't thinking of my post as "putting answers in others' mouths" but rather "helping people get to a more informed decision" :wink:
    ShteevieJenngTHCross
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 2,606
    Thanks for the chance to input @Shteevie hopefully the results won't be a nightmare to conclude that makes everyone at least satisfied.
    descensus in cuniculi cavum
    vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    ads888
    @JayZ
    Totally understandable; no blood, no foul. Appreciate your help!
    @ShadowaceAz
    Yeah, this is me making more work for myself, for sure. But hopefully it'll be easy to collate since all the data answers are numeric. The suggestions part, well, I'll make a coffee table book once the project is released or something.
    ShadowaceAz
  • JediMasterYodaJediMasterYoda Member Posts: 19
    What is meant be Camp Level? Thanks.
    edited May 14

What is meant be Camp Level? Thanks.

Your player level, the top left of your camp. Not your survivors

Example my camp is now 63, my survivors are 20.

*(edited to make the arrow stand out better.)*
    ShteevieKaz
    edited May 14
    @JediMasterYoda it's the level that your profile says, not the hero/survivor level but the building points level. For example need to be level xp to upgrade to next council level..

Hope that helps...

Happy Walker killing!!!
    biter370bigbeano
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 716
    Excellent! Fingers crossed for this, I think the challenge still needs tweaking for end gamers.
    Just add a screen shot to show you. It's the number by my name @JediMasterYoda
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 770
    Nice move towards improving things @Shteevie

But please take care when reading the data - some stuff won't appear there

Looking forward to this
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • JediMasterYodaJediMasterYoda Member Posts: 19
    Thanks all. Why didn't they just call it Player level? Oh well.
    CBgaming1969
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 1,160
    Thanks guys for the opportunity to give our input and provide constructive feedback. Done and done!
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    ShteevieJenng
    @Shteevie one of my guildmates tried but doesn't have a Google account is there another way or link that I could point them to??

@Shteevie one of my guildmates tried but doesn't have a Google account is there another way or link that I could point them to??

Sorry, but the login is needed to make sure each person can only give one response. Otherwise, it might be possible for someone to flood the survey with responses if they wanted to and skew the results.

If you would like, you can collect their answers and PM them to me, and I'll add them to the list at the end. You don't need to give their in game name since the answers are intended to be anonymous.
    Thanks @Shteevie I just didn't know if there was one for apple player that may not like or use google...
    Definitely don't want to skew the feed back in anyway. NG really needs the best available and even feed back so they can tell what the majority thinks and wants....

Thanks again and happy Walker killing!!!
    Kaz
  • AmBushAmBush Member Posts: 100
    bladgier said:

Very nice initiative!

Get this link as in game announcement to get best and most feedback possible please.

Yeah this should be available to all players @Shteevie

Zombie Stompers U.K. Based Guild.Currently Recruiting (18/20)

Note:

• Level 20+
    • DAILY PLAYERS
    • 250+ Weekly Challenge Stars minimum

Above all:We Have FUN 

Level 61, Guild Leader of Zombie Stompers Playing Daily since January 2017

I've announced it to our guilds via Line because we didn't know if it would be an in game announcement.
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,103
    Just click on your challenge screen to see how many rounds you played.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,070
    @crambert_nec I did try that before posting here and I have checked if it's there and apparently missed it.
    I can see it now.
  • rsenrarsenra Member Posts: 4
    sorry I answered wrong my camp level. After seeing what it means the correct answer is 53 in case someone can update it.
This discussion has been closed.