Which bruiser to focus on first

I plan on eventually getting both these bruisers promoted (curious how dual retaliate/punish plays), but right now I only have tokens/equipment for one... who would you work on first?

anthony172David_H79tabernac

Comments

• sbfsbf Member
    No need to put tokens into Melissa, go for Lewis. 3 health badges and 3 damage reduction badges. With iron skin survivor trait and some great DR badges, you can hit the cap, thus making DS obsolete and freeing up an armor trait so you can get some armor with gold stun resist, gold health, and silver hazard suit and you'll kill it with him.
    Elder in The Lost Slayers
    David_H79anniesprinkles
  • bladgierbladgier Member
    Lewis no doubt.
    anthony172David_H79Mischa
  • Lewis - unicorn.Go all in.
  • tabernactabernac Member
    100% Lewis. Love that build! Congrats!
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member
    I hear you @Jaden ... been playing over a year now and these are the ONLY retaliate/punish bruisers I've ever gotten. that's why I doubt I'll ever trash either.
    Jadenbigbeano
  • JadenJaden Member
    I also wouldn't trash either of them - even if Lewis is the unicorn, Melissa is not bad at all. Plus having more bruisers is always nice for "The Distance".

That's the best I have on my 2nd account. Not ideal with ruthless but still made him pink. ;)

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits, Elder in Morbid Saints and Morbid Souls

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
    anniesprinklesbigbeano
  • Build up Lewis first, after he pink's I'd put some more into Melissa, it never hurts to have 2 and they would compliment each other fairly well.

Lewis however, in my opinion, would conquer Melissa's rump in a one on one.
    Hoping for a chance to SaveTheDamnBaby!
    Princeps of the Pinaleño Mountains | Madrean Sky Islands Region.
      Socius of SuperGreens & Amazons Alliance.
    We fight ad vitae.
    vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    immortui vivimus perdere
    "Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
    anniesprinklesJadenkamilowaty
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member
    edited May 16
    Lewis 100% don't even think twice. I saved bruiser tokens for a very long time until I found that exact trait combo. Was able to get mine to double pink almost immediately :) Now if I could only find an armor...
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    JimiFaith
  • @crambert_nec Damn, thats a pro high level bruiser mate.Awesome.
    crambert_necbigbeano
  • BoukephalosBoukephalos Member
    edited May 16
    Lewis is great and absolutely deserves priority. If I had both of those, I'd probably leave Melissa on Outpost duty with some nice Iron Skin + Stun-resist armour. As things stand, I only have one Lewis-like Bruiser (she has Strong instead of Dodge) and I have her on Outpost duty whenever I'm not using her; every time I grab her for a mission, my outpost gets trashed.
    AmBush
  • AmBushAmBush Member
    It depends on your gameplay if you want a bruiser to push forward & hit walkers for me Lewis 100% he's an attacking Bruiser,

DS makes Melissa a defensive bruiser IMO

Zombie Stompers
    U.K. Based Guild.
    Currently Recruiting (19/20)

Note:

• Level 18+
    • DAILY PLAYERS
    • 230+ Weekly Challenge Stars minimum

Above all:We Have FUN 

Level 59, Guild Leader of Zombie Stompers Playing Daily since January 2017

• JimiFaithJimiFaith Member
    Lewis of course, but I don't think he is THE unicorn... when I first started playing I tought Retaliate was helpful, but as I became more picky Retaliate means you have to take a hit... I found more helpful to have Vigilant and leave them in overwatch, you get a stun, plus the punish...

The other traits are perfect IMO... But I don't know for the last one... Maybe Ruthless or Strong for offensive playing...?

How do you guys find Bullet Dodge...? I know you don't bring a bat to a gunfight...

...but I can shake the thought that is a really useful extra cover when raiding Outposts, what do you guys think...?
  • @JimiFaith If you stack iron skin, health boost, damage reduction badges, health badges, and hazard suit on a bruiser, taking that hit is nothing. Retaliate + Punish means you can get 3 attacks in one turn. Most people use bruisers as meat shields anyway, so they will take hits, thus activating Retaliate. Vigilant is a wasted trait on bruisers IMO as you're not normally using them for damage dealing due to their low damage values.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    JimiFaithkamilowaty
  • @JimiFaith Bruisers have to take hits. Period. If no other class has to be prepared to take hits, bruisers so. Their innate health plus good traits makes that not much of a problem.
    JimiFaith

@JimiFaith Retaliate + Punish means you can get 3 attacks in one turn. Vigilant is a wasted trait on bruisers IMO as you're not normally using them for damage dealing due to their low damage values.

I missed that 3 attacks detail... seee...? that's why I asked... Now for Ruthless, like you well said "you're not normally using them for damage dealing" and basicaly you use the stun... isn't a more critical attack also a waste...?

@JimiFaith Bruisers have to take hits. Period. If no other class has to be prepared to take hits, bruisers so. Their innate health plus good traits makes that not much of a problem.

I found them very useful in mid-high closed-space challenge missions...