100% interrupter in distance mode

OohbabyOohbaby Member Posts: 44
I just picked up 2 100% stop interupter rifles, with incendiary. I’m hoping the overwatch attacks will stop the big boys in the final 2 rounds of the distance. Can I count on the 100% stop at all levels of walkers or does it stop working depending on the level gap of your hero’s? I’m at rank 24 and the walkers in question will be the big heavy tanks rank 40 I’m guessing. I’ve not had a chance to try this strategy but I need to stop those guys from getting any closer

Comments

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,189
    If you're going to upgrade a ranged weapon with interrupt it should also have piercing, without that it will stop working long before you actually need it.
    bigbeanoTJSkamilowatyMischa
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I believe the key word in @WellyLuga 's comment is 'IF' :#
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    WellyLugabigbeanoJBreeze38
  • JBreeze38JBreeze38 Member Posts: 107
    That interrupt bundle is pretty much garbage without piercing trait imo.
    The only time those interrupt weapons in the bundle will be useful is Sunday for the No Body Shot promo. Other than that they are pretty much obsolete.
    anthony172
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,801
    edited August 2018
    In final distance mission, spend your first trip in taking out either the Hunter or Scout.

Second trip in taking out the other of those two.

Once you have only the warrior left, the fun begins :-)

Cat and mouse tactics work well.

Interrupt team CAN work, I've done successfully in the past, tho it does require a bit of lady luck smiling on you.

Team =
    Carl (lead) with Piercing/interrupt gun
    Hunter x2 with Piercing/burn/interupt
    (all three must have piercing/interupt or you have zero chance at success)

Protect Carl, keep him back but in range, so if things go south, you can FLEE and try again.

Once the warrior is in red, if you lose a survivor, you can try and play keep away cat n mouse till he dies

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    JBreeze38
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,186
    If you're down to the warrior and final map of challenge #1 the easiest configuration is Sasha in lead with two charged punishing bruisers. Stun the warrior on turn 1 and do normal attack with 2nd bruiser. The bruisers will then punish and gain charge points on body shots and then fully charged with attack on normal turn. You just keep punishing, normal attack and charged attack until warrior dies. Sasha with incendiary will decrease kill time, use her to keep firing on warrior each turn. Best bruiser weapon for this will have charging, concussion and lucky (Morgan's Staff). Doesn't even have to be a wide area weapon. I also have used normal weapon with concussion, lucky and destructive that works equally as well.
    anderfm12JBreeze38bigbeano
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    With reduced body shots week (current week bonus) Interrupt will work without piercing. Although it isn't guaranteed...
    JBreeze38
    > @mik81 said:
    > With reduced body shots week (current week bonus) Interrupt will work without piercing. Although it isn't guaranteed...

Absolutely. No coincidence NG is pushing the interrupt bundles this week. It will feel like the old days when interrupt was pretty much the most important trait allowing us to beat tanks many lvs higher with a little strategy and patience
    @Cronus yes that's my number one method

But considering this Week's reduced body shot, thought I'd share another option. Sasha a bit harder to charge this week.

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Ah, got it. I reread your post and saw you wrote "it CAN work"......that was not in my head on my reply.
    ATLAS-Z
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    @Cronus Thanks for detailing the Sasha - 2 Bruiser strategy. I have yet to beat this version of the distance but can usually get to the last mission with a good number of survivors left. And while I do not have 2 bruisers with punish - only 1 has it - they are both tanked up with 10-12k health and 80% DR. I do have Morgan's staff with lucky/charging/concussion and another found weapon with the same traits. Gonna try this strategy.
    The_Jer said:

@Cronus Thanks for detailing the Sasha - 2 Bruiser strategy. I have yet to beat this version of the distance but can usually get to the last mission with a good number of survivors left. And while I do not have 2 bruisers with punish - only 1 has it - they are both tanked up with 10-12k health and 80% DR. I do have Morgan's staff with lucky/charging/concussion and another found weapon with the same traits. Gonna try this strategy.

Here's a video that show just the bruiser portion, which means you've taken out the hunter and scout already ( To take out the hunter then the scout you need 2 assaults (Dixie BBQ to set on fire and other widespread weapon) and your high damage scout (power strike is great with high damage weapon like gold destructive/charging). Set hunter on fire, then stun with 2nd assault. Then you need to do a normal strike with your scout on that hunter. Next turn assault 1 attack, assault 2 attack and then use your charged scout attack. That will take out the hunter or make it really close. If you're lucky you have enough life to take out freeman scout too (for me happens 50% of the time). If you don't kill the scout follow same pattern as for the hunter (2 charged assaults and stud scout). Then to take out the warrior it's bruiser-fest.
    Governator
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,189
    edited August 2018
    Pro tip: If a raider is on fire and you use a melee hit to do enough damage to send it into red, it will die outright after the next hit or when you hit end turn.

Edit to add: So if the scout has 60k health, you use a shooter with the flare gun and their charge does 30k damage, 2nd hit with shooter does 3k then you use a hunter to hit him for 12k to leave it with 15k. A scout brain stab should easily do more than 15k damage and it will die at the end of the turn :smile:. Repeat for the hunter only I think this has 68k so you need a little more damage for that. The warrior you can just chip away at with Sasha and 2 bruisers as above, keep an eye on it's health and if you can get it to within 1-2k health from red a bruiser hit will finish it off and it will die when you hit end turn.
    JBreeze38
    @The_Jer it doesn't matter how much health your guys have in this stage, not really.

I have a level 11 epic bruiser I like too use for this, paired with my level 24 legend... And they both are just as effective.

Requirements:
    Any lvl bruiser with Punish trait
    Lucky trait (helpful)

Weapon with Gold Concuss trait
    Lucky trait (helpful here too)

Sasha leader with burn rifle

It's worth mentioning that even this method requires a bit of luck, hoping for x2 round concuss. But odds are pretty solid.

Thanks for all the tips and strategies. I will give this a try tomorrow, provided I don't screw up on the way.
    ATLAS-Z
    After action report - For the hunter and scout I used the 2 assault with scout method described by @Cronus. Though the order of attack was varied slightly, the end result was the same - freeman dead at the end of my second turn. Flee and repeat. For the fianle with the warrior, while I did forget to equip Sasha with an incendiary weapon, my 2 bruisers kept the warrior stunned for the whole event. My guys left untouched. The reduced body shot event likely helped with this as I only used the bruiser charge attack a couple of times. Thanks all for the great tips. I may reset and try again later as I am 34 tokens from pinking Michonne