Ideas to improve the playing experience

Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 679
1. Reduce the number of, for lack of a better word, "currencies" in the game. As it stands right now, things we need to collect to achieve progress in this game include gold, trade goods, supplies, XP, radios, fuel, and TWENTY-NINE kinds of tokens (one for each of the 23 heroes plus one for each survivor class), and the number gets worse with each hero added to the game. My suggestion would be to reduce the number of hero tokens to just one per class, like we already have for regular survivors. This would reduce the number of token types from 29 to 12, and the number of total currencies from 35 to 18. This makes progression a more realistic possibility, and a happy player is a spending player. ;)

2. Gameplay variety. I know I'm not alone in wanting the Chapter missions to be continued. If nothing else, unlock the old ones to be replayed. I appreciate the effort with the Distance, but even that gets repetitive after awhile.

3. Start a poll for players to vote on one trait to remove from weapons, one from armor, and one from survivors. There are too many traits, and getting a good survivor and/or gear is next to impossible.

4. I can understand NG's reluctance to make trading/gifting gear between guildmates a regular part of the game, but would it be possible to do so as a one-day event on a weekend?

5. There needs to be a cap on the upgrade costs for gear, survivors, and camp structures. At the rate it's at now, it takes weeks, if not months, to do so, often overlapping with the next update.
Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

Comments

• ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 483
    1. Check out a similar post that requests that hero tokens be not name-based. Good, but complex idea.
    2. Unlock would be a new resource injection. Probably minor, but a loss of revenue for NG.
    As someone who hasn't finished the last mission, I might feel aggrieved to see another expanse of Things I Cannot Accomplish. Like The Hard Distance: seriously, do y'all hang against L+10+? Wild...
    3. I'd like to learn which traits you think are useless. I used to have such an opinion, but now at 63L, I think the folks at NG aren't sleeping on their watch. I mean, who would have imagined that I'd covet XP armor (until lately, I've NEVER upgraded armor)?
    4. Great idea, that makes players never spend for gear. Every player has their preferences and elite team: would NG ever earn another cent if we could hot swap ideal gear between guild mates? Hell, I buy weird weapons just to test them (BBQ IS BADASS, until it injures you). What about new players being hyper-buffed by throwaway gear? It's not an easy calculus.
    5. I agree. But traditional, infinite-upgrade systems don't have a ceiling.
    This game isn't designed to be 'finished'.
    It's a Skinner Box that we adore.
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 679
    Artminius said:

1. Check out a similar post that requests that hero tokens be not name-based. Good, but complex idea.

2. Unlock would be a new resource injection. Probably minor, but a loss of revenue for NG.

As someone who hasn't finished the last mission, I might feel aggrieved to see another expanse of Things I Cannot Accomplish. Like The Hard Distance: seriously, do y'all hang against L+10+? Wild...

3. I'd like to learn which traits you think are useless. I used to have such an opinion, but now at 63L, I think the folks at NG aren't sleeping on their watch. I mean, who would have imagined that I'd covet XP armor (until lately, I've NEVER upgraded armor)?

4. Great idea, that makes players never spend for gear. Every player has their preferences and elite team: would NG ever earn another cent if we could hot swap ideal gear between guild mates? Hell, I buy weird weapons just to test them (BBQ IS BADASS, until it injures you). What about new players being hyper-buffed by throwaway gear? It's not an easy calculus.

5. I agree. But traditional, infinite-upgrade systems don't have a ceiling.

This game isn't designed to be 'finished'.

It's a Skinner Box that we adore.

1. I admit I'm not a video game designer, but it doesn't seem terribly complex. In the long term, it's much easier.
    2. It would also make people play more, which will lead to increased revenue.
    3. I never said any trait was useless, just that there are too many. Off hand, though, I don't care for Bullet Dodge or Vigilant.
    4. I doubt very much a one-time event will keep players from ever buying gear again. As you yourself said, you buy weird stuff just to try it out.
    5. I see what you're saying. I disagree, but I do see your point.

• Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 679
    Artminius said:
    I have to confess, that seems very confusing. :) My way is much simpler.

• CR1MS0N_1CR1MS0N_1 Member Posts: 1
    I want to have the option if skipping the first rounds of the Challenge or playing them. If I play them I get the Loot at the end. Now I don't even get to play the video at the end to open 3 more. Let me play them since I have plenty of time to play and if I don't have time let me skip. Give us a choice.