When will the % of bodyshots rebalance?

CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
@Kaz since the end of the last awesome event I have been getting more bodyshots than normal, specifically on normal walkers in outpost raids that my raid team would normally plow through.

Is this the game matrix rebalancing from the event? It has happened more last night and this morning in outpost raids, didn't notice in distance yesterday, but wasn't paying attention. It stands out in outpost.
KillersZ

Comments

• CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    @Kaz these screenshots are from the raid I did right after in posted this discussion. Both of these were shots taken a level 24 1 pink star Rosita.

The bodyshots haven't been by just her either. I just don't normally get bodyshots on regular level 26 walkers when using her with this setup. She just got promoted Monday but that if anything should of anything reduce and not increase bodyshots...again just not her.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402

@Kaz these screenshots are from the raid I did right after in posted this discussion. Both of these were shots taken a level 24 1 pink star Rosita.

Would you be able to make a video that shows the bodyshots? Just a suggestion that might be more useful than saying "I keep getting bodyshots".
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

And this isn't even going into the tank and armor walkers also getting more bodyshots which is more expected...so don't jump out like normal Walker bodyshots do...
    @ShadowaceAz last video I tried to post didn't go through. Also I screened shot it because I was hoping it wouldn't keep happening so didn't start the video running then took a screenshot and didn't expect another bodyshot in 2 moves.

Murphy's Law...If I started a video, it wouldn't happen,)
    bigbeano
    And finished raiding to gas up for challenge...
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited May 2018
    You're getting body shot against armored walkers? Not taking into account the piercing trait but that's 100% normal. Nothing new there.
    Yes I am fully aware of that @Shut_Up it's the bodyshots against lower level regular walkers that I'm mainly talking about. Since the event ended I have been getting bodyshots against regular walkers that I never or very rarely get.

At a very noticeable increased rate
    @Kaz it is happening in the challenges too...

Second mission played was level 24 difficulty it was my starting level and level 24 hero with level 27 gear got a bodyshot on a level 24 regular Walker. This is going to kill us this week unless fixed...way To many bodyshots already
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Strange I just went through all of difficulty 21 using level 20 melee folks and didn't get a single body shot.

No no no, not strange no bodyshots! Please don't give me any, I meant strange if @CBgaming1969 is getting that many 😜
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    You can't compare melee with ranged regarding bodyshots.
    Ranged survivors have always a small built in percentage of hitting with a bodyshot even, if the enemy isn't high level enough for one.
    Fingers crossed you don't start getting them @ShadowaceAz.

I'm getting them from ranged toons including a brand new and my very first pink star hero. Bodyshots or not, Rosita looks great in pink!!

I haven't noticed any from melee toons just mainly assaults and hunters and their heros to boot...
    Japes87
    100%
  • KillersZKillersZ Member Posts: 109
    @CBgaming1969, I also noticed this by playing scavenge missions.. It's not normal :'(:s
    CBgaming1969
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    Body shots are off the chart @Kaz please have your QA team check that things were put back to the way they were before Body shot event if you're able to , unless it was a purposeful adjustment
    KillersZCBgaming1969
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited May 2018
    Ranged survivors always had an innate chance of causing bodyshots. It's very small, but it was always there. If it's an armored walker, then the bodyshot chances are a bit higher.

I THINK this is being noticed now because it was pretty clear on Sunday. So it's something that easily catches your eyes now.

We've double checked the numbers and they are the same as before the event, but let me know if something feels weird still!
    Troublemaker
    @Kaz I know after damage events and class events there's a very real misconception that things have been changed when they haven't.. but my 2 pink level 24 Sasha is body shotting level 25 and 26 walkers with regularity, along with other ranged survivors .. it has happened in the past when things weren't put back to normal by the Devs in this game after events , but I appreciate you checking none the less. Maybe others are noticing the same thing happening
    CBgaming1969
    @kaz it's out of whack, like @Japes87 says.

I stopped farming xp 100+ kills per mission about a month ago, because it felt like the bodyshots were happening to often at lower levels. This week it's over double that feeling and I'm not farming xp so I can play Hard distance and go further as well as in challenges.

I just promoted lvl 24 Rosita to pink star on Monday.

So, to walk it out...I have a lvl 24 I pink hero in level 27 gear and during an outpost raid she gets 2 bodyshots within 2 moves on lvl 26 regular walkers and that is just an example because the bodyshots since Monday have been way above normal!

Just like on Wednesday on the second mission of the new challenge my epic lvl 24 Gov in lvl 27 gear got a bodyshot on a regular lvl 24 walker...

These are flukes as they never happen except for the % programmed into game. These flukes are off the rails since Monday and it's just not the normal. I haven't farmed or stuck around for any extra kills trying to help that % rebalance and still don't think it's actually rebalancing...
  • deb1hddeb1hd Member Posts: 333
    Yes it is off. As I move up in the challege you can really tell it's off.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,938
    just want to say that I haven't noticed much difference. Don't suppose you've put a weapon without piercing on where before you had a piercing weapon?
    Same weapons the past couple months , no change
    CBgaming1969
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Since it seems there are only a handful of people who have commented on this concern, I am inclined to believe it is merely a matter of perception and luck, rather than a general problem.
    jimmorrison369anthony172
    @Mabiki guess you weren't around for warrior nerf or 3 or 4 other occasions things weren't put back right? Glad to know you think we are idiots though lol
    There's been about 50 class bonus weeks with different survivors and characteristics and I haven't complained about one of them (even though there is a very real psychological perception that things have been nerfed when they weren't) . This time there is a very real difference in body shot occurrences, or there was and it's been fixed (no way of knowing until challenge is done) but the few to comment here are the minority.. there are plenty of other NML community chat outside the forums now.
    Mabiki
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited May 2018
    From support side we haven't got anything too (only one ticket and it's from one of you guys). The Bodyshots chances should work the same for every player since they use the same source.

I've checked @Japes8, @CBgaming1969 and @deb1hd accounts to see if the issue could be somehow related to a player account, but I couldn't find anything strange or a pattern among the three of you.

Please, keep me up to date if it still feels weird after the challenges or in Scavenge Missions.
    Will do @Kaz
    edited May 2018
    Since this seems to be in our head, I have another question @Kaz

What is the built % of bodyshots for ranged and for melee toons per walkers killed?

Do any of the mathemations like @jimmorrison369 , @DLich , @OneLessTitan or anyone else know or have done any mathematical breakdown of bodyshots and their percentages of occurring and or relationship to number of kills?
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    @CBgaming1969 I haven't done any testing etc to determine the breakdown.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Thanks @DLich
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    Mabiki said:

Since it seems there are only a handful of people who have commented on this concern, I am inclined to believe it is merely a matter of perception and luck, rather than a general problem.

His holiness has spoke the rest of us are not worthy!
    Mischa
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    @CBgaming1969 . I do know body-shots can happen at equal level too. Even if that chance is low, an assault may have that chance for each walker in a single shot. Having at least one body-shot would almost be assumed...

But I believe if the walker dies, you don't get to see the text. Right?

So a couple of things might be at play.

Also whatever one may think of @mabiki. He makes a valid point, if it where really going on, more people would've felt the need to jump on this issue I suppose. Perception can be very persuasive, no need to be an idiot, being human is enough...

It isn't far fetched that the event of last weekend makes the body-shot stand out more. All I can say, I get the same body-shot at the same RSL as before. (I'm pretty confident).

But who knows, maybe something else is at play. For me, a body-shot still kills the walker up to +4 anyway. So I never see them up to +5, and then it becomes very apperent, nothing changed there for me.