Warriors, again...

aquilaaquila Member Posts: 275
I still did not invest in any warriors. Should i invest in one, none or two (like one defensive and one offensive etc.)?
If i use a warrior, it is Michone for now.

Comments

• anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 681
    Ben!!!
    aquila
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 275
    Thanks @anthony172 , i was inclined so too but won't he suffer from lack of offensive traits, what is your oppinion?
  • BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263
    Joanne has high damage output but is fragile; very important to have high damage resistance badges on her. Retaliate and Power Strike are only useful on a toon that is willing to risk damage.

Thelma is a very solid defensive warrior but has lower damage output despite Strong, because no Power Strike. That said, while many people dismiss Vigilant on warriors, I do not. Warriors do a lot of damage, lose a lot of damage output on OverWatch and gain a lot of it back with Vigilant. That plays well when you have a melee team in a defensive line, maybe falling back before an advancing stream of walkers.

If Ben had Ruthless instead of Defensive Stance, I'd say he was an awesome warrior. As it is, he's another compromise.

I think keeping two is a good idea (well, it's what I've done) whether or not you want to have one offensive and one defensive. Which two to keep depends on your resources and playing style. Unlike @anthony172 , I don't think the choice is clear.

Joanne is the most aggressive but needs good DR badges and/or armour. Thelma and Ben both have a good combination in the sense that 4 of their 5 traits play really well together (and the 5th is luck, which is always good). Thelma will do more damage as she receives hits, Ben will do more damage in response. I do think Joanne plus one of the others is a valid choice; the other two are so very similar that I wouldn't keep both.

bigbeanokamilowatyaquila
  • kamilowatykamilowaty Member Posts: 148
    edited May 2018
    Imo none of them is worth pumpin with tokens.Im like you - using only Michonne ;) PS.Ben is bruiser wannabe ;)
    aquila
  • BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263

Imo none of them is worth pumpin with tokens.Im like you - using only Michonne ;)

Then you're missing a trick. The chance of swift strike she gives to a warrior means you can get an extra area attack. Also, since each kill has a separate chance to trigger threat reduction, scouts aren't the only useful class for TR with Michonne. Warriors with Luck work excellently under Michonne.

aquilaShadowaceAzbradleyharvey
  • kamilowatykamilowaty Member Posts: 148
    edited May 2018
    Thats true @Boukephalos I remember about luck on warriors and Mich leader skill combo, but I still suggest to wait for better survivor than warriors shown above.I think that OP needs more offensive oriented warrior + indeed, luck . PS.Using only Michonne cause we cant find better warrior ;)
    aquila
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,142
    And.. what's your point about those two?

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 275
    Artisans with 3 damage reduction badges may owerwatch, take good damage, be surrounded and unleash hell with powerstrike and ruthless.
    Think her in the map "archives" this week. Sasha leading maybe...
    Beverly is good too but vigillant seems to have wasted a trait to me.
    capibarabigbeanokamilowaty
    Thanks @aquila :)
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    aquila
  • bradleyharveybradleyharvey Member Posts: 240
    Ruthless not a must for me on a warrior , artisans not bad would of been better with iron skin instead of def stance but depends on how you use your warriors.
    capibara
    I use this warrior
    kamilowatyaquila
    With this badge setup
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,213
    @bradleyharvey Nice warrior! Just to let you know that you're past the 80% damage reduction cap. And that's without the warrior/scout bonuses from your badges :smile:
    aquila
    Yeah I know welly just waiting for badge event to sort out the mess. B.t.w I'm " eat me" in team u.k with ya. ;-)
    WellyLuga
    Nearly at lvl 9 iron skin too...
    My team I use pretty much every challenge is jesus,scout, and that warrior .

My team I use pretty much every challenge is jesus,scout, and that warrior .

Yep. Me too.
    Until the last round!
    bradleyharvey