Three New Game Mode Ideas

PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,119
Maybe these have been suggested before, then again maybe not. Just trying to think of ways to add some variety to the game and to fill the downtime between Challenge and Distance missions.

Freeplay Mode - Ability to play any mission map (Season, Distance, Challenge, Outpost, basically any map that's ever been playable).

1. No XP, supplies TG earned from these missions.
2. No fuel cost from doing these missions.
3. No hospital time from damage taken from these missions.
4. Could possibly have these missions count towards the daily missions but it's not important.
5. Players can set number of walkers/armored/tanks/exploders/spikes/raiders (and type) at the start and per wave.
6. Players can set number of waves of each of the above along with their level.

This would allow players to prepare for the upcoming Challenge maps every week. It would allow players to test out survivors against certain walkers/raiders and to test out weapons and equipment to see whether or not they are useful.

Capture the Goods - Earn Trade Goods from this mode

1. Normal and Hard modes (normal mode has starting enemies 2 levels lower than your highest platooned survivor and increases by 1 each wave. Hard mode has starting enemies 2 levels above your highest platooned survivor and increases by 1 each wave).
2. Normal mode provides less TG and XP than Hard mode.
3. Requires 3 survivors to play.
4. Goal is to get to the "crate" just like in an outpost mission and carry it back to the start point or some other designated area.
5. Would use maps currently available and not require any major changes.
6. Survivor that reaches the crate may not attack for the remainder of the mission but still can take damage. Move spaces also decreased by 2 overall and 1 per quick move after picking up the crate.
7. Similar heal times to Outpost missions.
8. Cost is 2 gas per mission just like Outpost missions.
9. XP is earned, but supplies are not.
10. Can meet daily mission requirements in this mode.

The Arena - Earn Hero/Class tokens from this mode

1. Ability to earn 50 hero tokens per hero platoon member and 100 class tokens for each class type in platoon every 2 weeks in this mode.
2. 10 randomly selected maps every 2 weeks.
3. Cost is 1 gas per mission.
4. Objective each map is to Kill All Walkers (all types possible and in varying numbers but no waves).
5. Difficulty set to 3 levels higher than your highest platooned survivor for all 10 maps.
6. Same platoon must complete maps 1-10 before changing out platoon or may be reset for free but lose all progress with current platoon.
7. Survivor health is replenished between maps and no healing time needed.
8. At least 1 survivor needed to survive to complete the mission.
9. Map set may be repeated, and is automatically reset after mission 10 is completed, but only 50 hero tokens/100 class tokens earned per 2 weeks. (For example, can't complete map set twice with Abraham to earn 100 tokens. Only 50 tokens will be earned, but Abraham can be used again to help earn other hero/class tokens in new platoon combo).

Let's hear your thoughts or other ideas for some new game modes to try and bring some more variety to this game...especially on Mondays and Tuesdays!
Black Labs Matter.
Bubba5771DrunkenKazhuskersoxfanSlickRickDanski_46LieutenantMarsh

Comments

• huskersoxfanhuskersoxfan Member Posts: 250
    Call your shot! If any of these are implemented, NG will investigate you for insider information leaking 8>}

After the fallen heroes suggestion you made, I’m sure they have eyes on you!!

Big fan here, if you give me future winning lotto numbers, I’ll split with you!
    Proud Elder with Badger Hounds
    PigBenisSlickRick
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,119
    I have lots of ideas. Some of them MIGHT be good. Some of them are likely not feasible because of game limitations or the work needed to be put in to make them happen. Maybe I should share a new idea each week and maybe that sparks someone else to come up with something that is eventually implemented. That would be a win in my eyes. Glad you like my suggestions!
    Black Labs Matter.
    KazSlickRick
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    What???

Freeplay...not really should have some reward and it would have to be a separate pocket universe so as not to destroy your bodyshots and critical hits percentages.

Capture the Goods...sounds a bit like a cheap Distance.

The Arena...sounds like another cheap distance but way more interesting...some tweaks here or there and might be nice...especially the kill all walkers per mission no spawns...

I'm waiting to see this summer token RPG event as by the way it sounds I would love to see a week or two week hero token event that was similar to that earn x tokens in 2 weeks get x hero tokens...
    The "reward" of the Freeplay mode is the ability to play without "playing". A player can gain info on upcoming challenge maps as to what they look like, see where walkers spawn, develop strategies that work for particular maps, try out new weapons before buying them, see if a leader trait is better or worse than another in a given situation, etc. THAT is the reward. On the flip side of that, no damage is taken, no gas is charged. It's a time killing mode while your gas meter refills.

Capture the Goods was modeled more after Outpost missions and I'd liken it more to "scavenger mode" with Trade Goods being the reward.
    Black Labs Matter.
    But your bodyshots will be hurt when you play regular missions.

How about just being able to replay any game missions including chapter missions for 1gas for x amount of hero tokens?

I use Maggie and before maxed toes used Glenn as leader in outpost raids and it's like a 2gas scavenger mission now,)
    I don't understand your bodyshots comment that you've mentioned twice now. Are there stats kept somewhere that you are worried about decreasing the value of?
    Black Labs Matter.
    edited May 2018
    The more kills you have the better chance of bodyshots even at lower levels especially with ranged toons. There's an automatic percentage of bodyshots in the game at least with ranged. The more kills the better chance of a bodyshot...just like critical hits.
    There are no charts that I know of and NG will not tell what it is either...but it has been confirmed here on a number of occasions.
    I've never heard of that...what is your source? I thought bodyshots only became guaranteed at RSL +5 and then piercing reduced chances of it being certain.
    Black Labs Matter.
    ShadowaceAz
    That is absolutely correct, but if you especially play with as ranged team you well notice you will get some bodyshots ar lower levels. Every attack below RSL 5 is not a guaranteed critical hit.

The more you play the more bodyshots happens at lower levels.
    I've never noticed that and I'm a pretty observant person. I play with 2 assault and 1 hunter in 90% of my missions as well and I'm at player level 62 currently.

I was just reading on it and my understanding is first bodyshots are calculated, then normal or critical attack. Bodyshots are roughly 50% less damage than a normal attack and critical are roughly 50% more. And if it's a bodyshot that has enough damage to kill a walker, then no bodyshot message is shown.
    Black Labs Matter.
    I'd imagine that body shot damage follows a normal distribution. So if you had 4000 damage as your normal attack, the body shot damage probably falls within a percentage range around 50% and is decided by RNG. Maybe after X number of kills the developers have programmed it so that the curve shifts downward and body shots, though not becoming more frequent, do less damage or maybe the range is simply widened so that there is a chance to do less damage. Maybe that's how it works out. I still don't like to believe that's true.
    Black Labs Matter.
    No, there is an inherent % worked in the RNG and the more you play the more chances that you get a bodyshot. At least with the ranged class. I'm not 100% sure, but I've heard melee doesn't have it...but that could be wrong.
    edited May 2018
    @kaz can confirm this for you @PigBenis as well as some of the mathemations on here.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    I just finished distance levels that are farmable with my level 20's. Facing level 22's. 104 kills later and yet not a single body shot.

I've never seen what you are describing myself, but what do I know.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

edited May 2018
    Attached are 2 examples of bodyshots within 2 turns of the same outpost raids on level 26 regular walkers and the level 24 pink star Rosita that took both shots @ShadowaceAz and @PigBenis ... this happen last week and just an example...
    edited May 2018
    There is a discussion post on the first page of this forum about relationship between bodyshots and critical hits. @ShadowaceAz @PigBenis
    I agree that it happens more at higher levels but doubt that it's because of number of walkers you've killed. It's because as you increase your survivor level the damage doesn't scale at the same rate to which the enemy's HP pool is increasing. Since bodyshots are roughly 50% of normal attack damage more bodyshots will be seen at higher levels.

It's kinda like comparing someone who is 10 years old to someone that is 1. They are 10 times older but every year that rate goes down. At one time the older person will be 100 and the younger 91. This ratio approaches but never reaches a value of 1 the more time passes.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    Moved to suggestions and ideas
    Nope @PigBenis that's not it. I've also had them against level 24 regular walkers as well and maybe lower, but I don't always pay attention like that.

I have no idea of the actual matrix or RNG formula and NG won't tell me, but number of kills is part of it. I have done a very unscientific test on this. When I stop farming and kill only what is needed to complete a mission and limit my game play outside of challenges and distances I do get less bodyshots at lower levels and by that I mean the bodyshots that aren't lethal as I can see the half dead walkers, but I'm not trying to read all stuff above their dead or dying heads...