Is large caliber a must for Sasha?

DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 510
I've always been under the impression large caliber was a must for Sasha to increase the number of enemies hit to therefore increase the chances of getting charge points... but then I found this. Should I upgrade or look for something better?

anthony172ShadowaceAzkamilowatyGovernatorbigbeano

Comments

• kamilowatykamilowaty Member Posts: 148
    Of course you should upgrade that rifle, and no, large caliber is not essential if you have those combination of traits.Thats very good trait, but I know many peeps who's playing without it.Your rifle is example why.
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 211
    It is perfect for the distance and high level challenge missions imo.
    bladgierMischa
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    Gold luck is the best Sasha weapon trait. I do personally believe large caliber and incendiary are also essential for Sasha when she is in the leader position. Large caliber is great depending on your playing style as you can takeout more walk walkers and play using different angles to kill and keep you safe...

My Non- Sasha leader unicorn rifle is large caliber, incendiary and piercing!!!

Happy Walker killing!!!
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,682
    No it's not a must.

Depends a lot on your playstyle also game mode and map.

It is particularly useful when there's a lot of walkers.
  • FingerfoodFingerfood Member Posts: 537
    edited June 2018
    You can always upgrade it and swap it between your other hunters that are suitable while you try out other weapons? That's been helping me through sticky spots but hey im no expert. It's hit and hope with my eyes closed majority of the time 😁
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,391

I consider this rifle my near-perfect unicorn rifle... Except I would swap out the Wide Bore to Silver and the Incendiary to Gold, but you can't have it all.

I tried man. I really really tried.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

GovernatorCronus
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 510

I'm a big fan of the wide bore for Sasha, but I'm a bigger fan of the Gold Critical Damage for my rifles for use in The Distance. It's nice to dish out that 60% extra critical damage. Of course, I like to light the walkers on fire when I can in The Distance. I consider this rifle my near-perfect unicorn rifle... Except I would swap out the Wide Bore to Silver and the Incendiary to Gold, but you can't have it all.

I'm with you on the destructive trait, I'm starting to like that more and more, but I think I gotta have gold luck for Sasha to help boost her hero trait, even a little. Getting those charge points is the most important thing!

Governatorbigbeano
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 291
    @Governator That rifle is awesome! Been looking for one of those. I have the Daryl's Crossbow with special traits - piercing instead of lucky as pictured above - and it is a wicked piece. My Sasha is 2-pink with a couple of damage and crit damage badges and armor with gold ruthless. She puts up charged crits in the 22k - 26k range. Would love to have yours to get charged quicker

And while I like incendiary, and have a few rifles with it, I find it difficult to avoid the flaming walkers for 10 turns while they are burning out. Makes them far more situational than the one you got
    Governator
  • BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263
    Aye, incendiary can be lethal to you if there isn't enough room to keep out of range of a burning fattie.
    So this would be a good Distance speciality rifle???
    Governator
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 344
    The more I use wide bore, the more I love it. I will be sad to leave these two behind as I upgrade my survivors.
    Governator
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 291
    @CBgaming1969 That is the same one as @Governator posted, and IMO, that is an awesome combo of traits that is not only good for distance missions, but also for high level challenge. If I had one of those I would have it equipped and used by Sasha at all times.
    edited June 2018
    I have large caliber, incendiary and luck for Sasha when in leader and other large caliber and incendiary rifles for outpost defense and when I use more than 1 hunter. I guess I'm asking for the 18 and up hard distance...should I take incendiary rifle, bbq and that one once upgraded to take down the real tough ones?

I've been focusing on fire so much and kinda forget about critical damage since my hunters are badged up pretty good...but can never even dent the ones on 19 hard...sometimes I can get past 18, sometimes not :# :#
  • JBreeze38JBreeze38 Member Posts: 103
    I have had success on the Fish in a Barrel map with Sasha as lead hero armed with RPG. Even though it doesn't include body shot in center I still get the charge point for the body shots outside target and follow that up with the High Tech AR (charging trait & 60% extra stun) with an interrupt on the third player. Basically tho, my point is that the RPG is worth considering with Sasha.
    mack22
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,404
    You don't gain charge points whilst using the RPG. Sasha's leader trait is based around gaining charge points from body shots so they kind of cancel each other out. If you're having good success then that's great, but I'm not so sure I would want to put them together myself but each to their own :smile:
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    TJS
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > You don't gain charge points whilst using the RPG. Sasha's leader trait is based around gaining charge points from body shots so they kind of cancel each other out. If you're having good success then that's great, but I'm not so sure I would want to put them together myself but each to their own :smile:

The RPG doesn't give you body shots inside the target but the few shots on the outside are body shots every time so it's actually kinda the opposite of canceling out. You get the direct hit and still gain charge points off the 3 body shots. I been using her as hero with the charging high tech AR and a shooter with piercing, charging and interrupt. Worked like a charm untill lv 29. I wouldn't lie. My RPG is rare if that counts for anything.
    Actually just cleared Fish in a Barrel lv 29 with a hunter with 2 pink and interrupt although I was really just lucky Sasha dodged this time but you should consider giving it a try if you got gas booster but like you said to each his own. 👍🏼
    No I know, you'll still get body shots with the RPG but you can't use a charge attack whilst you use it so the charge points gained from body shots count for nothing, that's all I was saying. I would love to be able to use the RPG but... I'm on 35.1 now. So I'm going to take a wild guess that it won't help me :lol:
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    JBreeze38TJS
    Oh I gotcha now. I was only using that lineup for the Fish in a Barrel map to get that stun on second wave of armoured. How tf do you get to 35.1. I usually don't lose a star until 30 and not long after that I just throw in the towel around 1100. What's your personal high? On another note I seem to be getting a lot of epic and leg components along with decent gear. More so than usual. Anyone else notice NG being more generous or just me? Any tips to get past 30/31 are much appreciated
    With great difficulty, especially this week more than ever. My personal high was last week when I got to 40.1 and got 2666*. On normal week's with body shots I've been getting 1800-2000*, more/less depending on the map set. I've not noticed any more luck than usual, if anything it's been more stingy than normal! So maybe you're on a hot streak :smile:

To push past 30/31, getting survivors to level 24 (I'm unsure what level your guys are) will help. Getting a team of survivors to 8* will mean you won't get to 100% body shots until 32+. After that it comes down to your badges, eventually you won't be able to kill the walkers easily and will take damage. Taking along 1-2 survivors at 80% damage reduction will mean you can get further. A bruiser with lots of damage reduction, health, dodge and punish works nice when paired with Sasha. A shooter/scout with ruthless that can deal a tonne of damage helps take care of tanks that have insane amounts of health :smile:
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    JBreeze38
    Ahh okay. I got a couple 7 stars and most my lineup is 24 but you are on a completely different level than me regarding strategy and the nuances of pairing survivor by traits etc. I agree this challenge is one of the more difficult along with the one with the overpowered Freeman. Thanks for the info. I'll most definitely take note
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    I won't upgrade hunter weapons without at least silver bore. But, this is because I'm not at end game just yet. This means I have to be choosy about where I spend XP - training and upgrading.

I'm jealous of end gamers who have more diverse set of weapons and armour, but am not rushing because I still want strength in depth as I grow.

I would say a growing player needs at least one effective wide bore weapon, but at the end gamer stage, there is more opportunity to experiment and build up a bigger arsenal.

And now I scrolled back to top to see weapon level, my view here seems irrelevant as it's a lvl 24. But leaving this as is as might be useful for non-endgamer perspective.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    NO!!! LUCK is a MUST!!!!! But, depending on your playing style large caliber is second or third.

I am toooooo used to playing with widespread, large calibur and extra spaces to ever go back. My only consideration now is should it be silver or gold !!!
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,860

I am toooooo used to playing with widespread, large calibur and extra spaces to ever go back. My only consideration now is should it be silver or gold !!!

I'm waiting for Excalibur for warriors - don't care about the color but it needs to come with all the knights of the round table. That would be the holy grail.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
    CBgaming1969psychwolf
    I'm with you on that 100% @Jaden
    Jaden
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 933
    Silver is fine.
    Jaden