Is this warrior worth building up?

IrenikIrenik Member Posts: 9

I like the traits and I pulled it as a gold so nothing invested at the moment. Should I wait for that "perfect" warrior?
deb1hdTamara_1998

Comments

• BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263
    That's a damn good warrior.
    • Ruthless gives bigger damage on charged attacks
    • Strong increases base damage, which is then multiplied by any additions like %damage badges or ruthless on armour.
    • Retaliate is a great warrior trait, given that warriors constantly risk attack by anything they didn't kill.
    • Power strike enhances the damage dealt to anything nearby that you didn't already kill (again, a constant risk for warriors)
    • Dodge helps either avoid damage or reduce it
    I'd be happier if the warrior had Iron Skin rather than Dodge, but that's a damn good warrior.
    IrenikShadowaceAzCBgaming1969
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 2,649
    @Irenik

I truly hate to say this, because in 9 months I haven't found one, you have what I'd call a "Damned near perfect warrior" on your hands right now. I don't know many that would give her a pack of rations and send her away.

Make room around your campfire, pour her a cup of the home made brew, and welcome her with open arms before another outpost gives her a better offer!
    ᐠ( ᐛ )ᐟ
    descensus in cuniculi cavum
    vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Irenik
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 164
    Perfect, if you can find 3 legendary damage reduction badges :)
    I have almost the same, lucky instead of strong. And i neither level up nor scrap for now.
    Imo dodge, iron skin and retaliate are musts. A warrior will take damage.
    Irenik
  • IrenikIrenik Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the info! I rarely if ever used warriors cept for the heroes, so I had no idea.

Much appreciated!
    Tamara_1998
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 1,201
    Didn't read anything above at all.

But I still feel qualified to answer.

And that answer is... NO
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    Irenik
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 733
    A perfect warrior/scout doesn't exist IMO. Mainly because I would need NG to let me have 7 traits as a one off, the 5 Sara has plus iron skin and lucky :lol:. But this is as close as you are likely to get! Agree with the messages above, you will need a few damage reduction badges and iron skin armour to or else she will 1-hit struggle whenever you get to a remotely challenging level.
    Irenik
    I've checked through my badges and have had terrible luck with dmg reduce. I have some decent ones on my negan, but I can wait til free removal to switch. Was able to get the warrior to 1star purple, which should work fine atm for me(finishing warrior kill daily)

What or where is warrior useful? Heavy challenge? Hard mode distance?(Currently just farm normal for easy rewards as im only lvl21 max)
  • BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263
    edited June 11
    Warriors are definitely useful for some of the distance missions, even if you only use ranged for the toughest levels. I often use two warriors and an assault to get through the levels with armoured; the warriors take care of the zombie cops and the assault helps cope with the spawns.

Despite the fact that melee has no equivalent of Piercing, I find warriors useful as part of melee teams in quite a lot of challenge missions. Some examples:
    • Gate crashing: Michonne + Scout (preferably with TR weapon) + Warrior. With that combo, the spawn meter is usually entirely empty, giving me all the time in the world to line up the two warriors to be in the right position when the scout pushes the gate along. It's soooo much more relaxed than using ranged.
    • Good neighbours: Same story as above.
    • Lock In: A warrior can stand between the two fences and take out the whole spawn group each turn.
    • Yard Work: Despite there being no spawn meter in Yard Work, I prefer to use melee because it's such a crowded board and it's not easy for ranged to find safe places to stand. By the toughest levels I'm using Morgan, a scout and a warrior.

So there's a few things you use them for. I'm looking forward to the next time Ka-boom comes round so I can try Michonne and a couple of TR scouts in Fuse Box (hadn't unlocked her last time).

You do need gear with Wide Arc. Without Wide Arc, it's very tedious waiting for the walkers to form a nice straight line.
    bigbeanoShadowaceAzIrenik

Some examples:

• Gate crashing: Michonne + Scout (preferably with TR weapon) + Warrior. With that combo, the spawn meter is usually entirely empty, giving me all the time in the world to line up the two warriors to be in the right position when the scout pushes the gate along. It's soooo much more relaxed than using ranged.
    • Good neighbours: Same story as above.
    • Lock In: A warrior can stand between the two fences and take out the whole spawn group each turn.
    • Yard Work: Despite there being no spawn meter in Yard Work, I prefer to use melee because it's such a crowded board and it's not easy for ranged to find safe places to stand. By the toughest levels I'm using Morgan, a scout and a warrior.
    I definitely commend you on your memory retention, or note taking. I hardly remember some maps from one RSL level to the next!

🤙🏻
    Irenik
    Good info, thanks! I've always focused on only upgrading swords with gold arc, rifles with gold width, and pistols with at least silver range

Looks like I need to bring this new beast I have into end of distance and some challenges
    Irenik said:

Good info, thanks! I've always focused on only upgrading swords with gold arc, rifles with gold width, and pistols with at least silver range

Don't ya be forgetting bruiser's with concussion! :wink: