Best Scout Weapon for Big Damage

I'm wondering what is the best combination of traits for a scout weapon to give you the most damage possible for a charged attack and then after the charge has been used. I know gold destructive has to be at the top of the list (and ruthless on your scout and armor of course). But after destructive is it gold lethal? Does silver matter then (maybe charging or swift strike)? Gold accurate paired with silver lethal? Obviously I'm thinking about the huge fatties in The Distance and freemen with insane health.

Comments

• CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,090
    Thanks @bladgier I'm one generation off but know what to shoot for (again).

bladgierSCBMATHCrossromeo
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,997
    I've got the other option 2 as well.

I'll test it myself now, I never did..

KaLiSCBMATHCrossromeo
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Yep ^^^

Add armor with gold Ruthless on it, and holy amazeballs! Combine with damage and crit damage badges to bring pain to those level 38 tanks on the Distance.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,237
    Keep in mind that damage can range quite a bit, especially on high critical charged attacks. I was trying to hit personal highs with my Shooter this past week during the critical damage event, and the damage ranged from 60k to 75k...
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    PigBenis
    My scout here is without ruthless trait, only armor😀

Has very powerful badges thought.
    I haven't even tried scout with that crit dmg increase event damn...

I'm really missing ruthless trait scout...

Also I can never get Rick's trait to work I just don't understand it 🤣
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    Rick trait works similar to how powerstrike works except I think you can still move. you just need to be standing next to the walker you are attacking for it to activate
    Doesn't it have to be your survivor standing next to a walker that you're attacking?
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    edited June 2018
    > @bladgier said:
    > Doesn't it have to be your survivor standing next to a walker that you're attacking?

If survivor A is standing next to a walker, survivor B and survivor C get the damage boost when attacking the walker. The only way survivor A gets the boost on attacking that same walker is if at least survivor B or survivor C are also adjacent to that walker.

Survivor A attacks any walkers adjacent to survivor B or C with the bonus.
    Survivor B attacks any walkers adjacent to survivors A and C with the bonus.
    Survivor C attacks any walkers adjacent to survivors A and B with the bonus.

In order for a survivor to attack a walker adjacent to him with the bonus, another survivor must be adjacent to the same walker as well. It becomes pretty easy to understand after using it a few times. Just remember the above "rules" before moving. It's almost better to move in short bursts to still be able to have action points to attack.
    Black Labs Matter.
    Also, what is the maximum chance of getting the charging trait to activate? It can be found on both weapons and armor and is influenced by Lucky as well, correct? Determining what the max value is for the charging trait will help determine the best traits on the weapon and on a survivor.

If the trait can be maximized from gear alone for instance, then you can trade Lucky on a survivor for a trait that results in higher damage but may sacrifice dodging ability, threat reduction, etc. I'm not saying that the charging trait CAN be maxed, but posing my thinking behind it. I've never done the math to see the numbers but maybe someone has and can enlighten me.
    Black Labs Matter.
    So it appears that the Charging trait is only available on a weapon as far as I could find. But so are Threat Reduction and Swift Strike.

I guess it's all on how you view damage really. Do you count walkers removed from the Threat Counter as "damage". Though you aren't technically killing them, you are removing them from spawning and likely at a higher level than what you are currently facing, so should that be taken into account as well?

In that case, a weapon that has silver Lucky, gold Swift Strike and Threat Reduction when paired with a survivor that has high Lucky might remove more HP than a weapon with silver Damage, gold Destructive and Charging. Anyone care to do the numbers for both scenarios?
    Black Labs Matter.
    ShadowaceAz
  • WattlaueferWattlauefer Member Posts: 120
    It's hammertime. I like this weapon for my scout.

Japes87
  • pradipradi Member Posts: 645
    Gold destructive+Gold Charging+Silver Damage or Gold destructive+Gold Damage+Silver Charging is the best? May be someone here who did experiments.
    Line id : 2011406 | email : [email protected]
    @pradi I'm pretty sure someone already did in this thread... Scroll up.
    Cronus
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,823
    Yeah I think gold charging > gold lethal. If I was going for big numbers I would rather have the extra 5% damage from a crit than 5% extra base damage. Plus gold charging is a much more useful trait as it's more likely to trigger to give you the bonus charge point.
    aquilaCronus
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 250
    Lethal applies only to the weapon damage. Charging is a multiplier for the total damage as far as i know. So charging is better. As an example, i've calculated 75k damage with gold charging vs. 71k damage with gold lethal.
    Cronus
    > @bladgier said:
    > @pradi I'm pretty sure someone already did in this thread... Scroll up.

That is ONE example where there was a roughly 6% difference between attacks. One comparison is hardly statistically significant by itself and could have been an unfortunate low roll for the usual favorite and an unusual high roll for the usual underdog that skews the truth. Do hundreds of attacks with each, find the average and compare. Then you will have more confidence in which one is superior.
    Black Labs Matter.
    bladgier
  • pradipradi Member Posts: 645
    ok. Thanks Guys!!!!
    Line id : 2011406 | email : [email protected]
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 508
    > @KaLi said:
    > Probably will get nerf if it post it here but here’s one of the highs I got with last week bonus ...
    >
    > silver charging + gold lethal +gold destruction + Rick bonus + powerstrike + strong + double ruthless + three high crit and dmg % badges will net you some really high scout dmg

Nah it won’t be nerfed. In the first place, you hardly get charged at higher levels so not much chances to use that awesome damage on walkers.

> @Japes87 said:
    > This is a perfect knife for me. While it has a few less K damage than silver skull, it provides opportunity for another move , which I almost always want over more damage. I guess if you count the damage from the extra move , it does more damage overall . Depends how you look at it

I used to think the same way as you do but I gave up for the same reason quoted earlier. Nowadays I go for silver charging, gold lethal and gold swift strike.
    Japes87
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    @Steeboon I should have clarified , I use that weapon for damage situations, my general use scout knife is almost the same as yours. Then I use a swift strike and threat reduction knife with lucky for TR missions .. I go between the 3 and then kingdom spear for my Pike scout :)
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    High damage scout weapons have great uses on their own, especially for certain Challenge maps and The Distance.

But - anything with gold Swift Strike and Threat Reduction are the best overall scout weapons IMO because they use the two traits that are unique to scout weapons and are the most useful on any map with a spawn. Aside from Michonne as leader, no other class can give you the benefit of an extra attack and eliminating spawn threats. And combined with Michonne, you can increase your chances to a near certainty for one or the other. Add in luck on the weapon and/or survivor, and you're in wonderful shape for a good melee game.

Sadly, I haven't found a decent SS/TR weapon for two levels now. Keeping my fingers crossed and saving TGs for the next scout week.

tabernacHuttSlayer23psychwolf
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,127
    @Mabiki I just picked up this little gem, no lucky but I'll take destructive.

JadenSCBMA