Free Badge Swapping This Weekend?

PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 477
If the update rolls out before this weekend as planned, I think it would be fair to give players the ability to swap badges for free or at least remove them for free.

My argument is that before the update, heroes were seen as less useful than normal survivors outside of the leader spot because their leader trait wasn't active. This meant only 4 active traits at most compared to 5 of a regular survivor. With this in mind, many players rightly chose to equip badges onto regular survivors to get the most benefit. Now with the way things have changed in the update with leader traits working to a limited extent in all 3 spots, and with hero body shot rebalancing it has shifted the dynamic of the game and heroes are more useful generally speaking than the average survivor of comparable level. But, the badges are on the regular survivors...

Looking to you @Kaz and I believe you know what is in order.

Free badge swapping and increased chance to find radios! Do it up right with a double event to celebrate the new update!
Black Labs Matter.
DrUnpleasantJapes87UndertakerromeokamilowatyFingerfoodzivaoliviaHuttSlayer23SmokeandMirrors

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,501
    Shteevie has mentioned that badges were meant to be "semi permanent" yet since the discovery of badges having no use in defense in outposts we've been offered the ability to swap weekends for badges free I think 3 times.

Players wouldn't have to ask for threads like this if there wasn't any cost associated with swapping. In theory, if I'm adding and removing badges isn't it my own survivors in my own camp doing it? Who does the 15 gold go to? We use supplies to upgrade buildings; we use experience to upgrade weapons/survivors etc. When I hand abraham a weapon to go play in the distance and then want to use another survivor with that same weapon I simply unequip the weapon there's no 15 gold cost associated with some kind of fee to make a swap.

I know of many players who swap badges constantly during the challenge... I assure you NG; offerring this once a month isn't going to break the game :)

Also it doesn't have to be a whole weekend event... All a player really needs is maybe 10 minutes (I used to laugh at ICELS because literally event would begin and within 15 minutes max I'm out of radio's so the rest of the weekend is just a big nothing burger).

Anyway; especially for the reasons mentioned above, this is a big change to the way hero's work and since for most players nearly 1/2 of our entire roster is made up of hero's it would be a nice gesture to make it free this weekend to unequip badges for this purpose alone.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    DBonesSmokeandMirrorsromeoTripod
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 317
    @DLich if people knew it was going to be once a month then no one would ever spend gold to swap ever. I agree this weekend/any day this week to let us get our heros up to scratch but then back to the usual when is it gonna be guessing games.
    DLich
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,501
    @Firekid although it’s not announced once a month I think we’ve had it at least once a month. I suggest ng mage it permanent.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    mack22DBones
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 778
    Yes! Please free badge swap for Nation Wars.

And also make it fixed date, like every monday, every first friday of the month etc.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    DBonesALF4realsGovernator
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,854
    Thx NG, @Kaz and team :)
    You guys rock it
    aquilaDodkong
  • kamilowatykamilowaty Member Posts: 147
    Thank you NG for free badge swap this weekend!
    David_H79Dodkong
  • Andy_bAndy_b Member Posts: 50
    is this true? where is it stated, i would love a free badge swap
    kamilowatyDodkong
  • Andy_bAndy_b Member Posts: 50
    ah ok seen it in the video vault, sweeeet!
    kamilowatyDodkong
  • kamilowatykamilowaty Member Posts: 147
    New setups/builds incomiiiingggg!Personaly Im hyped.
    Andy_bDodkong
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 2,741
    Honestly, I don’t want it to be free all the time. I think people would be tempted to swap badges for the Distance like they do with gear, and the volume of complaints about the badge swapping interface would make me never return to these forums. I don’t mind paying 30-60 gold every so often to upgrade/replace an existing badge to be able to avoid the temptation of swapping badges as often as I swap gear.
    PigBenisMabikiDodkonganderfm12El_Sarge
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 477
    @JayZ Players would complain about the swapping interface or they would complain about not being able to freely move them around in the first place. People already complain about swapping gear, but it doesn't seem rampant. And I believe some of the complaints about swapping being a pain in the ass are justified. Badges should be freely movable just like gear, though I hadn't cared to argue that point yet in this thread.

If you settle for being charged to swap badges, then you run the real risk of someone at NG having the bright idea to do the same with weapons and armor. I'd rather see free badge swapping than I would being charged to swap out a weapon or piece of armor.
    Black Labs Matter.
    JayZMabikibigbeanoKyrusTJS
    That post was obviously sarcasm as I stated. I know you aren't the most clever person in the world but have you REALLY been fooled so badly by NG that you believe that they would NEVER resort to having players pay gold to swap out weapons and gear between players? Seriously, do you believe that is something that could NEVER happen from a company that values a 25 radio call at 1250 gold or about $12.50 If you believe this then you are even more foolish than your argument that I've made this post before.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    PigBenis said:

That post was obviously sarcasm as I stated. I know you aren't the most clever person in the world but have you REALLY been fooled so badly by NG that you believe that they would NEVER resort to having players pay gold to swap out weapons and gear between players? Seriously, do you believe that is something that could NEVER happen from a company that values a 25 radio call at 1250 gold or about $12.50 If you believe this then you are even more foolish than your argument that I've made this post before.

Yes, I think they would NEVER do that, because a decision like that would OBVIOUSLY destroy the game and be the end of FTP and semi-FTP. I don't rely on goodwill on their part, just a modicum of business sense and data analysis that OBVIOUSLY shows doing so would destroy their revenue beyond the point of being salvaged. The price of radios has fuckall to do with anything. The only people who buy radios are whales and suckers. But EVERYONE swaps gear. No matter how much you hate the company that makes the game you love, you can't believe they're that stupid, can you? If I thought that, I would stop playing.

P.S. You're also not clever and your avatar is generic, and your forum name is intellectually disabled.
    DodkongTJSWellyLuga
    > @JayZ said:
    > @PigBenis That's a totally nonsensical argument. NG has nerfed a lot of things in the time I've been playing, but to suggest that they would all of the sudden decide to implement a gold cost to unequipping gear is absurd.

Yes, CLEARLY I am the one making no sense here. It was ME that suggested that I would rather PAY to swap badges than to have the ability to swap them for FREE and have to read "all of the threads and comments about the poor badge swapping system".

A. Nobody is forcing you to participate in these forums. You do so at your own choosing. If it becomes unbearable, leave.

B. If you read the title of a topic and it's about swapping badges and how it sucks, yet you read it anyway, you are inflicting this onto yourself.

C. If you can't deal with it then you are a huge baby. How do you deal with "all of the complaining" now in "all of these threads" regarding the poor system for gear swapping?

My point is that you have CHOICES. If badge swapping were free and you chose not to participate because the system sucked, that's on you. But to make a comment about preferring to pay for it rather than have the service for free is just plain stupid. Maybe I should tell my employer that I'd rather pay them to be able to work there rather than hear all the people complain while at work. Because THAT would solve the problem right?
    Black Labs Matter.
    JayZ
    Good sir @Mabiki does thee disagree that NG has:

1. Decreased the amount of TG earned in the challenge.
    2. At the same time increased TG in bundles for $.
    3. Altered bundles that have been historically available at a certain price by decreasing items in the bundles or increasing price of said bundles.
    4. Decreased amounts of radios in Season missions upon replay.
    5. NEVER flat-out stated that there WON'T be a council update soon and then announced a week or so later that one was coming soon.

My point is that the company is looking for ways to make money, as it should be. I don't disagree that them charging gold to swap gear would kill the game (even more if that's possible) but I don't think they'll see it that way and they might be foolish enough to try it since they are foolish enough to charge the equivalent of over $10 for a radio call. I don't believe that's too far of a stretch to make considering my points above on some of the things I never thought they would do.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    PigBenis said:

Good sir @Mabiki does thee disagree that NG has:

1. Decreased the amount of TG earned in the challenge.

2. At the same time increased TG in bundles for $.

3. Altered bundles that have been historically available at a certain price by decreasing items in the bundles or increasing price of said bundles.

4. Decreased amounts of radios in Season missions upon replay.

5. NEVER flat-out stated that there WON'T be a council update soon and then announced a week or so later that one was coming soon.

My point is that the company is looking for ways to make money, as it should be. I don't disagree that them charging gold to swap gear would kill the game (even more if that's possible) but I don't think they'll see it that way and they might be foolish enough to try it since they are foolish enough to charge the equivalent of over $10 for a radio call. I don't believe that's too far of a stretch to make considering my points above on some of the things I never thought they would do.

Good sir, I am not inclined to get into a flame war with you, nor to act as a defender of all decisions NG has made or may make in the future.

I have never presented myself as any sort of holier-than-thou person, and I suspect some of the subtextual animosity between us comes from that misinterpretation - as if, by disagreeing with certain people, some of them get the idea that I'm trying to say I'm 'better' than them. Kind of like you did by throwing in the "thee" instead of speaking to me like a normal person. I assure you, this is not the case. I certainly get annoyed when posters reply to me with phrases like "your holiness" and related nonsense, because it distorts my intention and is a thinly-veiled attack by way of feigned respect. Disagreements are fine all day long, and I'll respond respectfully if there's something to talk about. Being an ass for it's own sake is where I start to lose my cool.

Truth is, I just don't bother to get pissed off at the game very often. For those who do, honestly, I think it just means they must care a lot more than I do, since they're willing to get so aggravated about things. I happen to think that's dumb. And sometimes I say so.

The only reasons for my earlier posts were to point out that saying something and calling it "sarcasm" in one thread and then repeating it in other threads with arguments to show how you believe it is a reasonable conclusion in your view means that it was, in fact, not sarcasm. I think I'm done as far as that goes. Best of luck in all your future endeavors. May the sun shine brightly on you for the remainder of your days, and may the threads in General Discussion prosper from your heartfelt contributions.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,801
    Firekid said:

if people knew it was going to be once a month then no one would ever spend gold to swap ever.

I never spend gold to swap badges anyway
    I wait until the event
    Mad Canada Guild is currently full.
    Mad Canada guild post is here
    UndertakerCBgaming1969crambert_nec
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 972
    Penis
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    bigbeanoRiciclescrambert_neckamilowaty
  • RiciclesRicicles Member Posts: 3
    edited June 18
    Twat
    It's a term of endearment!!
  • wrinkled_bagwrinkled_bag Member Posts: 520
    Taint