Thanks for the walkies event NG...!!

Yes... I "call" them walkies... seems more appropiate... :p

Just wanted to say thank you, and in general... not a lot of games make events to keep players happy... and I appreciate that... :)
Also for restoring gold after the "low row is lava incident..." it was your mistake... but taking responsability for one's actions musn't go unnoticed...

I leave you with some music to set the mood for the event...

WellyLugaTJSdeb1hdmik81SPC_TORRESflyingcowkingpsychwolfbigbeanoKazmack22ShadowaceAzDBones

Comments

• JimiFaithJimiFaith Member Posts: 369
    Yesss it's a nice iniciative to make Heroes more valuable and upgradeable, also with the fact that now they are 1 level ahead an they use their first trait... I like, I like... :)

I already got 10 walkies in 3 missions and I'm gonna keep count...
    ShadowaceAz
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,145
    The little I have played it def seemed radios were better, that could be just pure luck vs odds, but none the less @kaz said they would be running the event more often and so far its been true.
    JimiFaith
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,248
    So is grinding beach life worth it?
    I_Am_PsychoShadowaceAz
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    Seemed to be for me. I had 7 gas and played for over 30 mins because I kept getting more gas when I needed it along with some decent radios. I think 8 in that time so maybe 15/hour. Might find more doing something else but not sure.
    Black Labs Matter.
    mack22
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 357
    I’ve been getting more radios (walkies is a good term!), gas, and gold than I ever remember seeing. It all really helps and it is greatly appreciated.
    JimiFaithmack22
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,248
    I've been netting decent gains from this event.
    I_Am_PsychoJimiFaithmack22TJS
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    That's definitely not from Beach Life ;)
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    psychwolf
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    @JimiFaith

Way off topic, but an area I love...

Regarding Walkie Talkie vs Radios

Example:
    Active Junky report:
    While the models we tested state a maximum distance of anywhere from 23 to 50 miles, the best walkie talkies we tested communicated reliably at the two-mile mark, and some did not perform even at that distance. All two-way radios we tested broadcast on both lower-power FRS and higher-power GMRS frequencies.
    Aug 24, 2017

You wouldn't get much communication response using Walkie Talkies as the range is short enough that a simple high power flashlight would be seen from further away. When you take into consideration terrain, weather, and local fauna those ranges will decrease quickly.

Sorry. Not trying to derail, just sharing some fun facts.

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

BohemianbobJimiFaith
  • JimiFaithJimiFaith Member Posts: 369

The C.B.’s fine... It’s the walkies that suck to crap.... date back to the seventies, don’t match any other bandwidth, not even the scanners in our cars...

Thx @ShadowaceAz ... is it you...? I have to check twice now since you changed your Jerry avatar... It would be like if @anthony172 suddenly get tired of Andrea... not cool bro...

:) thx for the fun fact, is very informative and welcome... isn't derailing if it has to do with walkies isn't...? I'll keep that in mind in case of walker apocalypse... :#

Me and my guild only like to call them that because of the reference to Rick and Shane's walkies... and also is closer/relatable to walker... :)
    ShadowaceAz
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Last time I put down my HAM and tried using the CB for a drive, I couldn't raise anyone. I heard in these parts many truckers don't even have 'em on unless they are making a call out.

I did mention to a friend, "ain't that like calling the wife's cell when ya know she has it off?"

He just stared at me....
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,717
    edited June 2018
    I netted about 300 radios this weekend, including Challenge radios and other areas.

Farmed my ass off yes, but worth it.

Now I'm ready for the next double token Abe call.

...someone wake me when he's on the line?
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    mik81JimiFaith
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    That’s was my pull @Kaz

ILLUMINATI HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED FOR REAL!
    KazTJSJimiFaith
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    I'd think I got 100 talkies, 150 top, and didn't have to buy a booster
    JimiFaith