Investing In A Scout

Next up in the series is which Scout to invest in. I have an 8 star legacy scout with Lucky/Dodge/Retaliate/Strong/Power Strike and it took me forever to find a decent Scout with Ruthless which is my friend George below. He is a defensive Scout however I really do like his traits and know how to use them. That being said I really need a high level third Scout and have just over 1500 tokens to invest. After months and months of crappy traited scouts, in the last three months the Epic Scouts have all come knocking on my doorstep looking for action. I really need a big hitter for those tough Distance maps (like #21 last week).

So which one of this group holds the most potential???? I have my thoughts and value yours. Always remember advice is free, but good advice will cost ya!

Comments

• mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,130
    edited June 2018
    Leonard would be my choice, if you rolled lucky on him would be nice.
    Cronusfreedydaddy
  • StHallStHall Member Posts: 70
    As a killer for the distance, definitely Max and hope for strong as 5th trait.
  • freedydaddyfreedydaddy Member Posts: 1,603
    I think George would be good
    Message me if you wanna
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,091
    > @freedydaddy said:
    > I think George would be good

What traits or combination of traits do you like specifically? Does George not having Lucky or Retaliate give you pause for an offensive Scout?
  • donald6283donald6283 Member Posts: 276
    whatever Max 5th trait is he's already perfect...if it is strong it would be even more awesome
  • Starr621Starr621 Member Posts: 108
    edited June 2018
    If you need a big hitter for a scout, I honestly would not take the chance with those 3 epic scouts. Ruthless and strength are necessary for best damage output (power strike is nice if it works in the right scenario). Since it's a roll of a die (1 out of 6) to get strength, I wouldn't take the chance but I'm a risk averse player. If you do take the chance I would probably go with Kim. Luck + dodge can make you survive a hit against a much higher level enemy and she at least has ruthless and power strike. Max may be just as equally good too so either one of those imo.
    freedydaddy
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Max would make a great companion.

Just don't make him angry!

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

WellyLugafreedydaddymack22
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,003
    Max with strong as last trait would be my unicorn 👍
    donald6283freedydaddy
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    Yup, Max with strong as the last trait is exactly what I'm looking for.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    freedydaddy
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,836
    If purely for the distance George is perfect since he has the big 3 for damage. Yes he's missing lucky and retaliate but neither are needed for the distance.

Of the 3 potentials I'd be leaning towards Max with Leonard a close 2nd. I recently picked up this scout who's of a similar build and she's outstanding :smile:
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,836

whatever Max 5th trait is he's already perfect...if it is strong it would be even more awesome

You've got to be careful going around saying things like this :lol:

If @Cronus posts a picture shortly of him having pulled bullet dodge as the 5th would you stand by that advice? :wink:
  • donald6283donald6283 Member Posts: 276
    @WellyLuga it doesnt matter...he has ruthless ,iron skin and power strike already...power strike combined with lucky is always very useful..anyway this doesnt mean that I like bullet dodge...no one does 😂
    Power strike combined with lucky? 🤔

You don't mean it like luck affects power strike right? Because it doesn't.
    kamilowatycrambert_necdonald6283Cronusbigbeano
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Cronus said:

You gotta be kidding me......not a good start to a Tuesday

Looks like a message from Gaia. We have recently seen the rise of @ATLAS-Z, maybe @Zues is soon to follow?

*Cronus learned from Gaia and Uranus that he was destined to be overcome by his own sons, just as he had overthrown his father.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,091

Cronus said:

You gotta be kidding me......not a good start to a Tuesday

Looks like a message from Gaia. We have recently seen the rise of @ATLAS-Z, maybe @Zues is soon to follow?

*Cronus learned from Gaia and Uranus that he was destined to be overcome by his own sons, just as he had overthrown his father.
    Never liked her. Zeus is overrated :#
    ShadowaceAzbigbeano
    @bladgier Lucky affects the critical chance aspect of power strike
    donald6283
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,877
    Only worth imo is Leonard and you know that i'm a melee fan @Cronus ...and i bet you can suppose what i wish as fifth trait... :D:D:D:D
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    @crambert_nec no it doesn't
    @bladgier You need to read through this thread. Lucky absolutely affects critical chance.
    It does affect base critical chance but NOT sure shot/power strike critical chance.

Have a read here
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/32671/list-of-traits-affected-by-luck/p1
    Okay sorry, I think we may be having a slight misunderstanding on wording. Lucky definitely stacks with Power Strike and will ultimately give you a higher critical chance. It does nothing to boost the given % of the Power Strike trait though.
    So Lucky + Power Strike is still a good thing.
    Sorry for lots of posts, but read ahead in that thread. Initially people said that it doesn't affect PS/SS, but shteevie clarified that on the 3rd page.
    No there's no misunderstanding with wording.

It's simple:

Lucky affects base critical chance but DOES NOT affect intreased critical chance from power strike/sure shot.

That's it.

> @crambert_nec said:
    > Okay sorry, I think we may be having a slight misunderstanding on wording. Lucky definitely stacks with Power Strike and will ultimately give you a higher critical chance. It does nothing to boost the given % of the Power Strike trait though.

What you're saying here it's basically agreeing and denying at the same time.

Powers strike/sure shot DO NOT stack with luck.
    @bladgier From shteevie

The combat code is actually more complicated than I will state it here, but in concept, it's really much simpler.

Crit Chance = minimum of: (base chance + luck + accurate + Sure Shot or Powerstrike + Carol), (90%)

This is a case where Luck works differently than it does for other Traits. Until this portion of the discussion occurred, I hadn't realized that this specific point of confusion existed. For that oversight, I apologize. I guess this might be the result of being too close to the issue.
    What you are saying was debunked in that same thread.