Please help me get past 11-1! Tips for Episode 11

Comments

• SenoiaSurvivorSenoiaSurvivor Member Posts: 528
    @misfit44 @Zeena I did it! It was kind of a hail Mary - I only had 3 people left, lol. I did it like you said - more or less ran through it - but here is the trick I think. I separated my assault gal from the other two just a little. The fatties were drawn to her, (sorta towards the top) Then I ran all 3 to the bottom, then to the exit. You step on a couple of small traps that way - but it doesn't matter because you get away from them.

• ZeenaZeena Member Posts: 126
    Congrats!
    SenoiaSurvivor
  • misfit44misfit44 Member Posts: 484
    Sweet!
    SenoiaSurvivor
  • @SenoiaSurvivor

A suggestion if i may, with the amount of slots you have
    I would retire becky, you really only need 2 warriors at most, and start training lewis
    I would also retire joe

I know youve invested a lot of time in your survivors and probably have attachments, but that is a lot of low levels which will only let you get so far

I would recommend upgrading your radio tent asap, and use radios like crazy trying to get higher lvl survivors

If you dont pay to play, i would only use your gold for extra survivor slots so you can get more on your roster

I recommend you getting another hunter

I also recommend reading this discussion and do it whenever you need to upgrade a survivor, weapons or armor faster

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/3708/highest-kill-screenshots#latest

These are just my suggestions, but i think they will help
    Thanks @i8azmbe
    I am upgrading the radio tower as we speak. I don't pay to play so it has taken forEVER to get enough cans to do it.

At this point - it does me no good to retire until I get fresh survivors. Which is why I Am upgrading my tent. I have way more slots than would appear necessary - but actually I've managed to utilize all of them today! Using upper level survivors for story missions and lower ones for weekly challenge and scouting missions.

Alas. ..I know it's time to let Becky, Joe and Rachel go. As soon as the brand spanking new upgraded tower gets me someone better, I will. :)

Thanks for the advice. I'll check out the link.

• @SenoiaSurvivor

I was only saying retire them to get the xp to train others
  • mackmack Member Posts: 29
    Yeah just wait till u try on hard mode!!! Fun fun. I'm on 11.3 hard mode. Impossible!
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    @mack
    here's 11-3 on hardmode

get that dodge on.
    edited February 2016
    @i8azmbe ohhhhhhhhhh. Good advice!
    I did just get another epic assault and retired Becky so I'm using the XP to upgrade her.

@mack I'm on 11-3 now. Scout needs upgraded and then I think I can take this one.

• mackmack Member Posts: 29
    Thank you zason
  • ZeenaZeena Member Posts: 126
    edited February 2016
    null
    Senoia survivor on 11-3 now too. Funny how we've been sort of playing at the same pace, are you in a guild? Glad you have a scout for this mission. I don't have a scout so I don't know what I'll do to beat it.
    My hubby and I are in a guild together - just the two of us - so.... No, basically. Lol. Didn't really know much about the guilds until I got on the forum. Been trying to decide if I want to join a bigger one or not. He doesn't like the weekly missions. I play them but not enough to contribute much to the star count.

You might have luck with assault person and warrior. Or shooter and warrior.

@zoson So this was done before they nerfed the rescued the survivors. That would be so helpful :( My survivors are lvl 13 and my rescue is a 10! Boo. So he /she is zero help in getting out. BUT what I didn't think about is that you only have to spring the traps to get the survivor out. Not spring *and* kill them all. I'll try that.
    @Zeena did you watch his video? Definitely trying it with a hunter.

AND my last attempt. ..rescue was a lvl 8. Ugh.

• JazzJazz Member Posts: 125
    edited February 2016
    @SenoiaSurvivor, totally not worth it at all. I just did that mission (hard mode) hoping to get that level 16/20 like in the video zoson posted but apparently, for no understandable reason, they nerfed the overcapped survivors. So not cool.
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 539
    I have a max 12 of 12 survivors. So far, that's all I've needed. I've managed to get through Ep 13 with what I had. I can get through most missions using 2 max lvl hunters with and decent rifle, and 1 max lvl warrior with a wide arc. My usual strategy, is the passive mode, using small movements keeping my team close together ending in overwatch mode. I generally don't go on the offensive unless I'm surrounded or i have no other choice. If I can attack, I usually attack with the warrior, and keep him covered with my hunters in overwatch. I only shoot manually if I have to. Keep moving forward. I try to leave 3 or 4 spaces between them and me if possible. If I just killed the spawn wave, I then know how many turns I can take till the next one comes, and where it comes from.

Check the weapon attributes, the same 2 lvl weapons, might have different attributes such as luck or critical. I would choose critical over luck, unless I had no other choice. It's a weapon! Choose good offensive attributes!
    @Jazz unfortunately this is my first time through this level so.... I have to make it through. But after that, you are right. Totally not worth it. I've been ranting since the nerf since they did it, to no avail.

Good Strategy @Camel56 11-3 is killing me because of the fat ones that come out at the end. I've found that strategy to work well in other missions - but this one, you spring two Walkers out of the first 2 traps - (assuming you leave the big ones for last) I've been using a half-turn with my scout to spring the trap and the other half turn to kill one that comes out. That leaves the other one right beside me, in addition to whatever was already there. The video posted has a hunter to take out the others - which is effective - but makes noise. I upgraded my warriors armor - so I'm going to try her next time. She was a wimp. :)
    Kudos for making that far with lvl 12s. I guess you are sinking your xp into weapons? Seems to be two different schools of thought on that. Personally I'm finding that upgrading the weapons makes all the difference.

Have you played any in hard or nightmare mode? The other I am stuck on is 7-3 nightmare.

I've done all the hard except 11, 12 and 13. Nightmare in now at 8-4. I'm now at lvl 16 characters, so I'll try this episode on hard mode and see what works. I'll get back to you.
    Ohhh. I read that wrong. You have 12 of 12 - not level 12. Gotcha.

That's ok.
    Tried 11-1 in hard mode... Failed twice. Third attempt, still using 2 lvl 16 hunters and good weapons, 1 lvl 16 warrior with wide arc, I was able to move through using my strategy, but had to attack with them when I tripped a fat trap, ughh! In hard mode, the walkers were lvl 15 to start. Same with the spawn. At the end, the spawn were lvl 20 walkers. There came a time, when I had to retreat a few spaces when a fat one was coming toward me. Overwatch method does work, but with the traps, it's hard to use a warrior without tripping one.

Only manual shoot when you have no other choice, or you add more walkers to the spawn. You can go diagonal between traps, but is slow getting them all past. So line them up if you can, move about 2 spaces at a time. Hopefully, by the end, there will only be a couple left that you can sprint by.

Trek was down, right then up diagonal, right, then up diagonal, right then down diagonal towards bottom, then if you're close enough, you can sprint to the finish. Sorry I didn't think to get a screenshot.
    edited February 2016
    11-1, I finished. After two weeks stuck on that one I basically ran through it. Now I'm on 11-3. Every single time - no matter what strategy I use - which survivors I take - I end up here. Two stunned or struggling and the nerfed rescue over there unable to do anything. And that's a level 13 warrior with a legendary weapon. I got through 11-1 by running past the fat ones. Can't seem to get by with that on this one. Unless.... Maybe if I keep my survivors together and distract the fat ones, I can run past them. That's what worked in 11-1.

Screenshot 2016 02 22 15 45 06

How did you get 3 fats after you?

I got wiped out in hard 11-2, so I'm a little slow getting to 11-3. Hospital time! I'm wondering if I should try a bruiser on a fat one?

If possible, try activating one fattie at a time. Kill him and do the next?
    Well.... I followed Zosons video. Springing all the traps gets the survivor out of the porta-potty. His video was pre-nerfed-rescues so that worked well. What I was doing wasnt working so I tired that approach. I'm thinking you should spring the fatties first rather than last. Because at the end, another fatty or two comes out of the tents! You can't get past them. They makes a wall.

I made it through 11-2 in hard mode, using lvl 16 bruiser, hunter, and warrior. They're all wounded, but they'll live! 35 min hospital stay. I'm wondering what combination would work?

Like I said I have 12 characters. 3 hunters, 3 scouts, 2 warriors, 2 assault, 1 bruiser, 1 shooter. Some are 15, and 2 are at 13. All are epic, except 2 which are legendary.

I'll give 11-3 a shot and see what might work. I know you're in regular mode, and I'm trying it in hard mode, but maybe it would be similar.
    Heh! Pretty hard in hard mode! Tried twice, and failed twice. Bruisers don't damage the fatties much, and they don't stun them either. Going to try the assault next.
  • kidnapkinkidnapkin Member Posts: 49
    just passed it thx to all your posts.
    hunters are OP so are warrior kinda, but dodge is whats critical.
    lvl 12 hunter rare w\ dodge n luck lvl 12 shooter epic lvl 12 warrior epic 135 degree swing weapons and gear max kinda
    best advice is too blietzkrieg but balance attacks so all have charge and hope for dodge
    @kidnapkin awesome! Glad you made it through. 11-2 is relatively easy. 11-3..... whole other deal.

• kidnapkinkidnapkin Member Posts: 49
    on 11-4 beat 11-3 w/ lvl 12 epic scout n warrior
    Was thinking that shooting in manual might make things worse. I need to upgrade some characters and weapons...maybe some armor too.