PSA: Don't let your rare RPG get auto-scrapped due to gear limit!

zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,474
With the 3x summer tokens from the Distance, some players are getting close to unlocking the Rare RPG.

Take advantage of the current 2x xp from the scrap event. Free up gear space (below 300) and when all else fails make sure the RPG is equipped.

The current limit is 300 of unequipped gear.

Auto scrap is for common, uncommon, and rare gears, it doesn't affect epic and legendary gear and any equipped gear.
TJSbladgierJenngSCBMAkamilowatyPigBenisDeathwish19ShadowaceAzKazJadenmack22deb1hdmcbkhicksDLichRowens

Comments

• mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 686
    To also add if it has been upgraded it souldnt get autoscrapped
    mik81Timboski
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    mcbkhicks said:

To also add if it has been upgraded it souldnt get autoscrapped

It shouldn't but it will. Doesn’t matter if it's upgraded or not, if it's not equipped to a survivor and having more than 300 items, it will be scrapped.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Jaden
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    @kaz it's silly to have a summer event for an item that 10% of your player base or more are going to lose to auto-scrap .. is there not anything you can do to designate this one item safe from auto-scrap? As our levels get higher , our inventory limits haven't been and most of us are well over our actual limit. We would have to go back to the long and tedious process of scrapping all the brown and green gear from crates individually , which really is daunting to do just to protect one weapon. Anything you guys can do here would help the players and you guys dealing with hundreds of complaints and support tickets . Proactive beats reactive every time .. thanks man
    Jadenbigbeanomik81Governator
  • AxewoundAxewound Member Posts: 27
    Shame you didn't mention this when we had the rare pitchfork coz that's how mine disappeared and they won't give me it back either. Thx a bunch.
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    @Japes87

I'm legitimately confused. Why are you holding over 300 items at this point? There's a scrapping event ongoing. Doesn't that motivate you to get rid of some of the stuff that is less than ideal? Or do you hold 300 legendary and epic items just so you don't have to scrap the lower rarity trash?
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    Unfortunately, a "lock" feature requires development time and can't be done "on the fly". :/

We have the feature request already registered, we just don't have the time to implement. :(

In the meantime, we are doing what we can at the moment: this warning thread, a scrapping event in the same week you are going to get the RPG and also our support will be helping players in case of an auto-scrap incident during this month (July).

My recommendation is, keep your inventory clean and as soon as you get it, equip it to a Hunter survivor.
    DodkongzbotDLich
    @Dodkong quite honestly, I am stockpiling for the Fall Council upgrade to come , can you imagine the insane amount of xp we will need to acquire to get a full new arsenal of level 25 base gear ? At this point I don't have any survivors or gear I need to rush to upgrade and just slowly upgrade good stuff as I get it week by week .

@Kaz thanks for the reply
    Governatorenigma12
    @Dodkong I hold like over 500 legendary and Epic items , there doesn't seem to be a limit.. then I just let all rare , common , and uncommon gear auto - scrap itself instead of deleting them one by one after missions, it's delightful
    DMPGovernatoranthony172
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,474
  • RealClareBRealClareB Member Posts: 136
    Too late. Mine’s gone :s
    Currently guild-less.
    PigBenisFingerfood
    @RealClareB contact support and they can help. Click settings (gear icon), help, contact us.
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,124
    edited July 2018
    One of my favorite episodes.

GovernatorJenngSPC_TORRES
  • RealClareBRealClareB Member Posts: 136
    zbot said:

@RealClareB contact support and they can help. Click settings (gear icon), help, contact us.

Thanks :smile: I might just leave it, not sure it's worth wasting the XP on a rare.
    Currently guild-less.
  • RevengerRevenger Member Posts: 17
    Already scrapped..
    Bladerunner
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 546
    What if you purposely auto-scrapped it

Did I win?
    GovernatorJenngSPC_TORRES
  • CarlsRightEyeCarlsRightEye Member Posts: 11
    Mine just got scrapped after I upgraded it! Why would it be scrapped if it is higher level than a lot of other gear that was not auto-scrapped. The amount of time, XP, and disappointment in such a bad weapon is really upsetting.
    Bladerunner
    @CarlsRightEye auto-scrap doesn't take level into account only rarity. If you have over 300 unequipped gear, anything that is not epic and legendary will be auto-scrapped. Please contact support regarding the rare RPG, they can help. Click setting (gear icon), help, contact us.
    Jenng
  • CarlsRightEyeCarlsRightEye Member Posts: 11
    Thanks zbot for updating me, will contact support. I think it would make more sense the level of the gear as the 1st priority to be scrapped and than the rarity of the gear as the 2nd priority. Some special weapons like the flare gun, could accidentally get scrapped in the current situation.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    @zbot

Are you sure about level? Because if that's true, maybe @Kaz or others could get this updated to reflect this ?

How Does Auto Scrap Work
    How does Auto-Scrap work?

Be careful, your Workshop only has a limited amount of space for your armor and weapons! It can hold up to 300 items. If you go over that amount, the Auto-Scrap feature will scrap your items down to 280 the next time you load up the game. Take care to scrap some of your unwanted equipment yourself if you notice your item count going too close to 300!

The Auto-Scrap always starts from your most low-level items of the lowest rarity. You will also receive XP from any items scrapped this way.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

@ShadowaceAz when I say level doesn't matter it's to make it easier for players to understand.

The support website is great but it does leave out little things that can only be found by trial and error.

To me it's more confusing to mention levels because most players would assume that their rare level 24 gear is safe since they have a bunch of lower level epic and leg gears when it's the rarity that determines auto scrap.

Let's say you have 300 level 1 epic/leg gear, you find 1 level 100000 rare gear. The rare gear will always get scrapped.

FYI: I have 892/300 gear, I haven't had time to clear up my inventory.

My non epic/leg gear are:

1 Common Level 21 The Reckonin'
    1 Rare Level 23 The Reckonin'
    1 Rare Level 26 Pitchfork
    1 Rare Level 23 Pitchfork
    2 Common Level 2 Old .22
    4 Common Level 1 Old .22
    1 Common Level 2 Bloodied Wayfarer Vest
    4 Common Level 1 Bloodied Wayfarer Vest

If all my non epic/leg gear were unequipped, all would be scrapped so yes the level is taken into account but all would be scrapped so it would be a moot point.

Also the actual gear limit is 280 (used to be 140 but increased to 280) but auto scrap only takes affect after 300 then down to 280 (again only for non epic/legendary gear).

Hope this makes sense.

Where's @Lightfeet and @insight55 when you need them to discuss about gear limit.
    JenngSCBMATJS
    @CarlsRightEye you don't have to worry about the flare gun, it's epic.
    TJS
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited July 2018
    To put it in simple terms.

If you have any gear rare or below (upgrade or not) that you don't want to loose, always have that item equipped to a survivor before logging out of the game.
    Better still, even while playing equipped gear (rare & below) to another survivor always because if you loose connection for any reason, you'll loose it when your reconnect. (* If you have 300+ items)
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Governator