40 extra summer tokens

anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 268
I just wanted to say thank you since 40 extra summer tokens is a very nice reward and also because I can get 850 stars per challenge.

This is also very unfair to mid level players & should have been based on individual player levels NOT on who can reach 850 stars.

At certain levels you CAN'T reach 850 stars, I don't care how good you are. This also suggests to players that can't reach 850 stars that their contributions don't really seem to matter. Imo

Another thing I would like to add is lower level players ALREADY get less stars from the distance, if they are at least at a level they can even play the distance.

I really think this should have been a reward EVERYONE had at least a CHANCE to get.
"A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
Johnny "Drama" Chase

suzequeuemudpiePigBenisSPC_TORRESJadenUndertakerDeathwish19mack22JenngKyrusladre5

Comments

• anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 268
    suzequeue said:

I just wanted to say thank you since 40 extra summer tokens is a very nice reward and also because I can get 850 stars per challenge.

This is also very unfair to mid level players & should have been based on individual player levels NOT on who can reach 850 stars.

At certain levels you CAN'T reach 850 stars, I don't care how good you are. This also suggests to players that can't reach 850 stars that their contributions don't really seem to matter. Imo

Another thing I would like to add is lower level players ALREADY get less stars from the distance, if they are at least at a level they can even play the distance.

I really think this should have been a reward EVERYONE had at least a CHANCE to get.

There is no need for me to grind away to Level 68 and level 24 players if everyone feels they 'deserve' to be rewarded the same amount at Level 14,20 or 24.. I don't understand this attitude of complaining about things like this.
    @suzequeue

If you had bothered to read my thread...I can already each 850 stars easily and will be rewarded with 40 extra summer tokens.

What I'm saying is players that CAN'T reach 850 stars work just as hard as I do and why shouldn't they be rewarded the same also.

And I would also like to add that I don't understand ppl like you that only seem to consider themselves and not everyone else too.
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

mudpiePigBenisJadenDeathwish19
  • deb1hddeb1hd Member Posts: 333
    I do beleive that @Kaz said that the reward would be availble to the mid level players also. It would just be harder to acheive but acheivable. At 850 stars. Its not achievable.
    JadenanniesprinklesPigBenismudpieJenng
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    @suzequeue

And I don't get the attitude of "I deserve all the rewards and those who are new(er) to the game or can't spend hundreds of $$ can go f themselves".

You do realize that lower level players still get the green crap in gold crates, do you? And that it is damn hard to beat the challenge maps with crappy gear, also next to impossible to get good gear because every reward is low?

Getting better is tough because you get next to no badges, only crappy gear, next to no TG...

I can judge this very well because I have 3 accounts, one "endgame" account and two lower ones, one I would say is mid level and the other approaching that state...

People putting in effort should never feel they are not worth getting good rewards. That goes for gear, too. Legendary isn't cheaper to get from TG store just because the gear level is 20 and not 24. Raiding nets me about 350 TG on the mid account vs. 500ish on the main. Now how is that fair, especially since the mid level account will grow out of the gear faster than the end level?

I have to do about nothing to get the summer tokens on my main, lets be real here. It is easy. Be in a guild of active players, play challenges at a lazy ass pace, do all the dailies, play Distance (and even there reaching the 2nd set should be easy for endgamers)...

Mid level players already struggle - I have about 200 fewer summer tokens on my middle account (level 20 survivors) than on my main.

To now see that there will be 40 summer tokens I will never be able to reach on my alts but will get on my main without any effort at all just doesn't feel right.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    PigBenisanniesprinklesmudpieSPC_TORRESJenng
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    It's showing me 8 tokens at 10 stars. Is that really double? Maybe I wasn't paying attention last week but was the first reward really only 4 tokens at 10 stars..?
    PigBenis
  • anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 268
    @PigBenis

That is an illogical comparison and is absolutely ridiculous!

I was only trying to help out my guild mates who can't reach 850 stars.

Next time I'll know better and do what you're doing...sorry suckers, I get the reward and you don't...too bad for you but yay for me.

I'm done!

Johnny "Drama" Chase

PigBenismudpieJaden
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    @Steeboon

Uhm... not being at a high enough level, not having good gear, badges, survivors, heroes... Freemen? Walkers swarming from every direction... just to name a few things why people might not be able to get 850 stars.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    PigBenisSPC_TORRESanniesprinklesbigbeanoJenng
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    I also think it's grossly unfair that players can spend money on this game to get weapons, gold, armor, radio's etc. It's not fair that players like myself, who don't have enough money to buy these things, aren't able to get these things free.

Because of the amount of money in my bank account, I am ineligible for these amazing bundles that other players can purchase but I cannot.

The 40 tokens is an extra incentive to reward players who CAN achieve that threshold. Although I do understand "sticking up for the little guy" in this instance the "little guy" isn't getting less; they just aren't able to earn more. There's a difference.

Besides the double tokens they earn should more than make up for it (regularly 106; this week should be 212).

Maybe because I'm a lvl 68 player end gamer the idea of some lower level players not being able to get the 40 summer tokens isn't a big deal to me. NG hasn't said "anyone who doesn't get to 850 stars will only get 66 tokens (but everyone else will get 106)" they are just giving more for reaching a threshold they pre-set (I also assume by seeing numbers etc of players scores over the weeks etc.)

I have no intention on throwing a disagree with anyone who feels differently in this thread; but

This also suggests to players that can't reach 850 stars that their contributions don't really seem to matter.

As long as a guild combined can earn 6500 and an individual player can earn 500 they will still earn all the same rewards they normally would (actually double rewards they normally would). That's 325 stars each person (for a full 20 person guild). That is the minimum a person would need to contribute for their contribution to matter (to the guild). 500 stars should be the personal threshold to attain the maximum number of summer tokens. If a player can get to 850 then they get a bonus reward.

At no point does me hitting 850 stars and getting the 40 bonus summer tokens mean that someone else will get less tokens. They aren't taking them from someone else and giving them to lvl 68's; they are giving a bonus to lvl 68's (or around there)

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    PigBenismudpieanniesprinklesI_Am_PsychosuzequeueShadowaceAz
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 358
    To reach 850 stars I will have to be perfect on every map through 27.1 (853 stars) which happens to be 6 levels above Abe & 7 above the rest of my toons. Not saying it is impossible but from the talk already getting perfect stars seems unrealistic so probably need to finish 27.2 and maybe well into 27.3.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
    anniesprinklesJenng
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,740
    Why have summer tokens at all? Just give everyone all the rewards at certain days? Is that what your saying? Remember the carols kingdom spear fiasco? Endgamers complaining because they already had carol legendary etc? It's an event and it'll benefit some people more than others. In fact these 40 for
    850 stars pails in comparison to those mid level players not in a guild who hit 6500 each week they have no chance! Should that also be scaled so they get an "equal" chance? In which case we are back to just give everyone the damn thing and don't have an event.
    PigBenismudpieanthony172anniesprinklesJadenbigbeanodeb1hdsuzequeue
  • ScowleyScowley Member Posts: 421
    Don't forget that the RPG will soon become underpowered for lower level players as they will level up it will become useless.
    Elder of guild 'Aloha Snackbar'
    DrUnpleasant
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    > @Kratos said:
    > To reach 850 stars I will have to be perfect on every map through 27.1 (853 stars) which happens to be 6 levels above Abe & 7 above the rest of my toons. Not saying it is impossible but from the talk already getting perfect stars seems unrealistic so probably need to finish 27.2 and maybe well into 27.3

Maybe that's how NG should have done it, if you complete the round that is +5 or +6 over you highest survivors you get the reward.
    Jadenjimmorrison3691RisJenng
    Or maybe NG wanted to reward people who have played enough to get their survivors to a certain level, like they have?
    PigBenissuzequeueKyrus
    > @Scowley said:
    > Don't forget that the RPG will soon become underpowered for lower level players as they will level up it will become useless.

From using the green one it will be pretty much useless from the moment anyone gets it anyway. I'm more interested in the Sasha tokens and phones anyway.
    PigBenisbigbeanoanthony172