Review of Our World

TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,763
This is my review of Our World for the Friends of Comic Con Blog, with a comparison to No Man’s Land.

I am looking forward to seeing the special Our World content offered at San Diego Comic Con!

https://www.friendsofcc.com/2018/07/14/focc-review-walking-dead-our-world-fun-for-the-casual-gamer/
tabernacJenngDanski_46jimmorrison369anthony172WellyLugakamilowatyJadenDoTakZetteKazSCBMA

Comments

• UndertakerUndertaker Member Posts: 198
    Wasn´t interested in Pokemon Go and won´t be in Our world. No need for zombies walking in the streets hunting for zombies. Mobile phones in general are an epedemic for society.
    anthony172donald6283FingerfoodStarr621
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 542
    The review doesn't really sell it to me. sounds even more grindy than NML! Thanks for putting it up though!
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 622
    I really like the walking dead our world, for now. Its a very fun game. Love it
    Jenng
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 945
    Nice review, I've been playing Our World casually since it's release a few days ago and must admit I'm enjoying it.

Like you mention in the review I was expecting to have to be really active but for the most part you can often play a bunch of missions from the comfort of your home. Plus it's not super time consuming in a way that NML can be.
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    Jenng
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,209
    WellyLuga said:

Nice review, I've been playing Our World casually since it's release a few days ago and must admit I'm enjoying it.

Like you mention in the review I was expecting to have to be really active but for the most part you can often play a bunch of missions from the comfort of your home. Plus it's not super time consuming in a way that NML can be.

Sadly, like Ingress then ˈPōkiˌmän Go, it's another game that if you don't live in a heavily populated area, you are at a disadvantage to play. Not minding the moving around aspect, am minding the drive miles to see action.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,763
    @Japes87 I agree about the forums. They need a separate forum for Our World. I posted this here because I wrote the review from the perspective of someone who is a big NML fan but was never interested in Pokémon Go-style games.

Bottom line, for me, NML is a better game with more staying power, but I am enjoying playing Our World in short sessions. I suspect that a lot of people in NML would feel the same way about it if they tried it.
    JadenJenngZetteSCBMA
  • wrinkled_bagwrinkled_bag Member Posts: 558
    Here is some videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVeCc0hs-DuG09fy7IXVavg

I am not going to try the game
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    I downloaded it first day, kinda okay for first day or so....then new content update and haven't been able to play it since😡🤯😡

Uninstalled and reinstalled over 20 times finally get 99% but can't get the last 2MB😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

So I reckon, NG just doesn't want me to play it...done with it.........
  • KazKaz Community Manager Posts: 884
    So far, the plan is to not have a forum for Our World. We are going with Reddit instead. Feel free to join! https://reddit.com/r/OurWorldTWD/ :)
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 168
    edited July 15
    I was thinking about trying it out but Google says my phone is not new enough. Surface does not have data on it so haven't even looked to see if it will work or not. Maybe someday but probably not.

Just looked and not compatible with Surface either.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 830
    edited July 15
    Not available in Canada yet? I looked in the play store and not there.

Edit: Nevermind I found it and it's not compatible with my device 🖕.
    edited July 15
    @Kaz what is the reasoning behind no forum? Reddit is just so much more disorganized and it is easy to lose track of threads.

@Jenng Michonne is actually the first hero I got, then Carol and then Daryl. I am told by the game that I can find Rick and Carl but so far none of their tokens/cards have shown up for me.

I wonder if Rufus is in Our World? ;)
    JenngRonfoxTVSCBMA
  • dandancar77dandancar77 Member Posts: 316
    i agree with @TransmuteJun with the reddit feeling. Its too confusing and disorganized for me. similar to Our World. Very poor communication on how things work in that game.
    JenngSCBMA
  • Nick37Nick37 Member Posts: 415
    @Kaz why no forum ?? Reddit is absolutely rubbish
    “Aloha Snackbar” Guild No Mans Land.
    “Sheffield S13” Group Our World.
    dandancar77SCBMA
  • dandancar77dandancar77 Member Posts: 316
    the more I play that game, the more pissed off I get. Super buggy and sloppy. Rushed into mass release waaaay too early. If i didn’t have to kill time at work with killing walkers, I wouldn’t ever play it.
  • DLHDLH Member Posts: 321
    It’s growing on me but will definitely be FTP. What guilds do we have out there?
    Asylum/BlackjacknBeef Guild Family
    Jenng
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 2,162
    Oh! I wanna be in a NML, our world guild!
    @DLH .......as long as expectations are low lol 😂

☠️Elder of DeadFamily guild ❤️ Get your dead on! ☠️
    DLH
  • DLHDLH Member Posts: 321
    @Jenng I will let you know when I find one. Tried looking through reddit, it's junk. Going to ask around in NML guild
    Asylum/BlackjacknBeef Guild Family
    Jenng
  • Nick37Nick37 Member Posts: 415
    @DLH I have a guild which is full and active but I can easily make room for you. Just pm me if you would like to join.
    “Aloha Snackbar” Guild No Mans Land.
    “Sheffield S13” Group Our World.
    @Jenng We just transferred our guild over by making it the same name on Our World. About half of our NML guild is in the Our World guild, and we stilll have spots if you are interested. We are Porch Dictators.
    Jenng
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 2,162
    Thank you so much @TransmuteJun ! I totally would but @DLH is graciously allowing me to play with asylum/blackjacknbeef peeps. I’m sure he can vouch that you’re not missing out 😂
    ☠️Elder of DeadFamily guild ❤️ Get your dead on! ☠️
    If x=y goto z

X {So with Our World, even though it's location based, you can be in any Guild/Team no matter your location?}

Z Anyone want a NML player?
    Concordia
    @ShadowaceAz You can certainly join Porch Dictators! We are about half full.

Yes, you can have guild members from all over, although the game seems to be trying to get you to find local people. But we have had people across the US and in the UK set off flares, and we can go there. Kaz told me that the NG people set off a flare at Comic Con and they could see the area. They even found a safe house I built!
    JenngShadowaceAz

@ShadowaceAz You can certainly join Porch Dictators! We are about half full.

You're one closer to full now. ;)
    Concordia
    JenngTransmuteJun
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,003
    Wait... so if i join your guild and you shot a flare from your garden i will know the exact position of your home??
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    That's not how it works. If you join my guild and *I* shoot a flare from my garden, you would see that on the map. But the city/state/country isn't shown, only the street names. Although that might be enough for some people to find the place.

BUT... you don't have to set off flares from your backyard. You can set them off from anywhere you would like. One of our guild members set off a flare this morning near a grocery store, because they had a trading post there and we had a guild quest to drop off survivors at a trading post. And bonus, there was an epic infestation there too!

Basically, set off a flare in a place your guild members would enjoy visiting. ;)

And Capi, if you want to join the Porch Dictators, you are more than welcome!
    ShadowaceAz
  • UrbanjesusUrbanjesus Member Posts: 7
    Anyone looking for a group in central Massachusetts/New England come join J.S.S. tag (jss) already in silver tiers hoping to be gold soon