Why this challenge is garbage

Because the 50% Warrior bonus interferes with ranged damage. Tons of body shots and ridiculous starting sets every single map if you use ranged.

Change my mind
UndertakerWellyLugaFingerfoodfreedydaddy
Β«1

Comments

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,971
    I think last time we had this challenge set it was with a hunter bonus which was much more fitting.

I was looking forward to a warrior bonus but not the best set for them! :neutral:
    Fingerfoodfreedydaddymsapaevanthony172
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,197
  • freedydaddyfreedydaddy Member Posts: 1,603
    > @Fingerfood said:
    > Well it's taken me all this time to realise them walkers only explode if you shoot them ... doh πŸ˜†(how have I made it to level 65 Not knowing that) but apart from learning that yes this weeks warrior bonus sucks
    >

I knew about them when I was level 10 and now I’m 29 πŸ˜‚
    Message me if you wanna
    SCBMAmack22FingerfoodHaydencole
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,977
    It's not bad. Finally warriors are good to plsy those 2 quarry maps...
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    Fingerfood
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 334
    Managed to complete 31.2 and both quarry maps with 2 stars with only ranged heroes (Abe+hunter+shooter) but I can’t imagine how to do it on 31.3
    Fingerfood
  • FingerfoodFingerfood Member Posts: 686
    edited July 2018
    @mack22 I swear i didnt know,I've only ever shot them πŸ™ˆ *hangs head in shame* i wonder what else im missing out on πŸ€”
    freedydaddy
  • YorkshireSteveYorkshireSteve Member Posts: 137
    I’ve only ever shot them too (level 62).
    After observing it blowing up on death πŸ’€ in the early days - sending a melee to attack it never crossed my mind.
    Fingerfood
    @kkatsu yes it is on us...

However, it’s also on us when we kick-ass on the ranged weighted challenges πŸ˜‚

Roll on next challenge πŸ˜†
    Fingerfood
  • kkatsukkatsu Member Posts: 140
    Of course, however you need to accept the fact that there will be challenges when you will get much worse result. If that s the way you play, just accept it and move on. I really got tired with all that complains whenever challenge requires some melee lineups. The game is skewed towards ranged teams anyway so I gladly welcome any change of pace.

I remember that challenge with charged bruisers and all freemans map. That was something I hope will be back one day ;)
    ignasDodkongmack22
    Not a melee weapon in sight .... πŸ˜†
    YorkshireSteve
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048

Not a melee weapon in sight .... πŸ˜†

Isn't that a machete between the shotgun and assault rifle. And a hatchet on hooks, outside of the glass case at the bottom, presumably there to be the glass breaker? Not to mention the spoon/pocket knife?

Am I missing something here?
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    mack22YorkshireSteveFingerfood
    edited July 2018
    @Dodkong. Oh there's always one isn't there.......🀣 there you go just for you πŸ˜‹
    Dodkong
    @Fingerfood
    Hell I would just bash them over the head with the can of spam. Once you open it, then you got yourself a hillbilly knife.
    FingerfoodYorkshireSteveNerfZone187
    Don’t forget the spam πŸ˜‚
    Fingerfoodmack22
    mack22deb1hd
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,048
    Warriors bonus does work not too bad.

Also because there are expolders, that doesn't necessarily mean you have to shoot them.

There are awesome ranged/melee mixes that can be used.

I can understand the frustration but in my opinion, only because challenge is hard, that doesn't make it garbage.
    Fingerfoodkkatsumack22DBones
  • kkatsukkatsu Member Posts: 140
    bladgier said:

I can understand the frustration but in my opinion, only because challenge is hard, that doesn't make it garbage.

Perfect summary, there is a difference between something being garbage and being hard. I love that it's finally hard and indeed challenging.
    Fingerfoodmack22
    I'm liking this challenge, the harder the better for me. My guild mates might give me a run for my money this week πŸ™‚.
    FingerfoodDodkong
  • freedydaddyfreedydaddy Member Posts: 1,603
    > @Fingerfood said:
    > @mack22 I swear i didnt know,I've only ever shot them πŸ™ˆ *hangs head in shame* i wonder what else im missing out on πŸ€”

Well your messing out on some crazy stuff called fun πŸ˜‚ shoot them see what happens that is what’s fun πŸ˜‚
    Message me if you wanna
    FingerfoodHaydencole
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,736
    It was the Damage Reduction badges that helped me get past 31.3. It just so happened that my three best survivors with DR badges were Sasha, Abe, and a Bruiser. I went in what that team on the hardest maps and let them get pounded as I made my way to the exits. 2 stars on Quarry Gate and Quarry Crossing at 31.3. I was able to use my Michonne on a few of the other maps.
    mack22Fingerfood
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Still hoping for decent Damage Resistance badges myself. I've seen some awesome video examples of just getting pummeled and not taking anything worth worrying about.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia