I’m stumped on which shooter to level

Rhonda looks good, but I wish she had marksman. Lucky will only affect dodge and maybe incendiary on weapon, stun resist on armor. Jim has it all offensively, DS is intriguing as could get a crit with ability usage then go DS if in a tight spot, who knows what 5th trait will be. Probably splitting hairs here, what am I overlooking?

Comments

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Personally, knowing what I know now I wouldn't level either of them.

Rhonda is missing sure shot & marksman. She's ok for a defensive shooter but you want to go for offensive in this class.

Jim, having defensive stance also puts him in the defensive category.

IMO
    Keep searching & save your tokens for a more offensive shooter.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    msapaevWellyLugaShadowaceAzekimhclew
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,127
    Luck will also help with charging trait and Sashas leader trait with charge points.
    TJSmsapaevtabernac
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Take the tokens¡
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,674
    Jim isn't perfect, but he's perfect enough for pink.

Marksman ruthless sure shot are the trio you need for pink. Imo. You can keep him, maybe check his last trait, and wait and see what else you get. If you get tired of waiting, he's a solid choice.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    TJS
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,165
    I see 384 tokens.

I am the one and only Zee Black, climbed all the way to Level 75, part of SG Woot, the 3 million star guild

This is my top shooter Romeo. I wasn't happy about defensive stance, but I got tired of waiting for my unicorn. I've not been disappointed with him. Maybe a tiny bit as I learned the pros and cons of revenge... But he's been amazing.

Not long after I got Jeanie.

And then Aaron, and of course in the new hero format Rick is amazing also.

I have no intention of promoting Jeanie or any other nonhero shooters beyond 5-star. There is no need and it's a waste of tokens.

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    TJStabernacromeo
  • ReggieGRReggieGR Member Posts: 84
    Hi Atlas-Z

The 5th trait was Revenge, aka mini Romeo.

I’ve been playing this game for a year now, the last 7 months or so waiting on the perfect Shooter, Hunter and Bruiser. Have solid Scout, Asault and Warrior. Tired of waiting for perfection, so Jim it is.

Thanks everyone for your input
    ATLAS-Zromeo
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 777
    I don't like either of them.
    Rhonda has no Marksman

Jim has no Iron Skin. You could gamble on Jim if you're feeling lucky. 😄
    edited July 2018
    @ReggieGR you'll be happy with him. If not feel free to pile on some hate mail and tag me in it ;-)

And don't stop there. Having several good shooters is very useful for the Distance. Pick your favorite (Cough Jim) and pink him, and the rest can stay happy at 5-star.

Oh and feel free to rename him Atlas ;-)

romeo
    PS note that all my other shooter have lucky trait, very useful in the Distance. But your primary pink is for challenges, Distance don't care about pink. It's spits out pink and laughs at you.

romeoShadowaceAz
  • ReggieGRReggieGR Member Posts: 84
    Marksman is a big deal in my mind too, although I know better. Marksman is a multiplier on base damage only. So a lvl24 2 pink star shooter does base dmg of 1824 if Marksman adds 15% dmg, 1824 x 1.15 = 2098 or an increase of 204.

Don’t get me wrong, all additional dmg is good, but is not raising a lvl24 shooter’s dmg from 8500 to 8700 a showstopper?
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    I would hold out and look for your ideal shooter...neither is perfect🤔
  • AndreaAndrea Member Posts: 995
    edited July 2018
    Good morning survivors! I would like to invest on one sniper but I am very undecided about who to save and who to fire! I need your expert advice! Thank you!!...sorry @ReggieGR for the original message o:) o:)
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    @Andrea
         My vote would be Will as she has Sure Shot and Marksman.

Sure Shot is nice if you are not forced to move.
    Marksman is vital for ranged survivors.

ymmv
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Andrea
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited July 2018
    @Andrea
    I wish I could give you some positive input but the first thought that came to mind was "ouch". :# You really want Marksman, Ruthless, Sureshot on a shooter. Lucky would also be helpful.
    Not sure if you've seen my poll thread - [THREAD HERE]
    This is exactly the reason I'm hoping NG can make a survivor scrap event happen. The return for scrapping pink star survivors is simply not worth the return. IMO I'd hang on to those with pink stars for the distance at the least and keep searching for a shooter with traits I mentioned.

* Edit to add; Will is definitely your best of the three.

Goodluck!
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Andrea
  • AndreaAndrea Member Posts: 995
    @TJS thank you for your help! The poll is a good input for NG! @Kaz please consider this suggestion o:)
    TJS