Guild hoppers question

I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
Is it possible for a player to collect more than one set of guild rewards?

Perhaps by joining a guild, leaving it, and subsequently joining another.

We've had one leave, literally 1 min after the 10 radios for 7.2k stars so it looks deliberate, and that leads me to suspect there is a not that well known exploit out there enabling a player to reap double the guild rewards. I'm not saying for sure there is. I just think it a suspicious time to jump.

Edit: A side note - since the player knew of the weekend event, this thread will likely be seen, and I hope it is!
Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
FingerfoodromeoMattOfEarth

Comments

• FingerfoodFingerfood Member Posts: 965
    edited July 2018
    I'd have thought so because you don't take your stars with you to a new guild if you move
    New set of stars = New set of rewards?!
    (Eg if you were an idiot and left a guild on say 20k stars and went to a guild on 7k then that would mean no rewards for pretty much the whole challenge and I can't see that happening)
    But then I'm clueless so probably wrong lol
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Maybe there is bug to a player advantage that is triggered by a very particular order of events.

It's the guild rewards that this thread concerns.

MattOfEarth
  • FingerfoodFingerfood Member Posts: 965
    I left my last guild and rejoined a few hours later and the rewards were all piled up waiting for me (and that's from while I wasn't even in it) so I'm guessing you can double up in a new one
    I'm hoping to remove the guesswork from this. So we'll see if people have come across not working as intended scenarios concerning this.

I might test with my alt for possible ways.

Assume I already know how it is supposed to work ;)

Fingerfoodromeo
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @I_Am_Psycho
    A player will collect guild rewards from any guild they are in so yes, if a player moves to another guild they will collect guild rewards from both.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    MattOfEarthFingerfood
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,063
    If I remember correctly. A player can not collect the same rewards they already collected in another guild.

So, the reward at 6500 can only be given once. If the player goes to another guild, if that guild resches 6500. This player won't get it anymore.
    TJSI_Am_PsychoDLich
    Thanks for the comments @TJS and @jimmorrison369

I see it the same way. But am suspecting someone has found a workaround, to make it so they can collect a duplicate set of rewards, if they do it a certain way.

I could be completely wrong and they either just didn't like the guild or even just wanted to be #1. But then why leave as soon as the 10 radios are collected. Player scored well. Maybe he just dies thus at a different guild every week. But if that's the case I truly hope he ends up losing token rewards.

Maybe if I have enough time, I test a bit with an alt to try and work this out.

TJS
    I'd like to try a test with my alt.

I'm hoping to place the alt in 2 request only guilds that have accumulated rewards. Firstly before challenge ends (not much time left, but still worth trying). And a different one after challenge ends.

Disclaimer: This is not an attempt to gain from any exploit as this is just a level 14 test account. In theory there should be no gain anyway, and if it occurs, will be declared here afterwards.

I'll check this thread and PMs for a while.

jimmorrison369
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 662
    > @I_Am_Psycho said:
    > I'd like to try a test with my alt.
    >
    > I'm hoping to place the alt in 2 request only guilds that have accumulated rewards. Firstly before challenge ends (not much time left, but still worth trying). And a different one after challenge ends.
    >
    > Disclaimer: This is not an attempt to gain from any exploit as this is just a level 14 test account. In theory there should be no gain anyway, and if it occurs, will be declared here afterwards.
    >
    > I'll check this thread and PMs for a while.

Maybe you can create your own guild and play till a certain reward tier before leaving the guild to start a new one and repeat the same?
    @Steeboon
    I just plan to go through several test conditions that would be worthwhile for a player, if it turned out there is a snide trick. I'll try it at some point when I have more time, but for now, I want to test joining between challenges, specifically where it's request to join.

It'll take a while to go through all scenarios I've come up with. Well, on my own anyway ;)

Deathwish19