Definitely on the "RPG must be changed" bandwagon now

Reading all the recent comments, I was holding off judgement until mine was fully upgraded and I could use it on no bodyshot sunday with my survivor with 90% crit chance. The result... its terrible. I couldn't even consistently kill regular walkers at +6 rsl. The idea and graphics are super cool but it is almost unusable for me. I'll probably only use it on scavenge missions.

Thanks god I didn't go above and beyond to get it, just played my normal game, but for those that did go above and beyond and spent a lot of gold I could see where they'd be pissed. @kaz please help!
anthony172JadenDBonesMattOfEarthJenngBloodyChainsaw

Comments

• TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,171
    I think not having the 2 round reload would help a lot. Then it makes sense that it's similar to a normal weapon.
    psychwolfromeoATLAS-ZBloodyChainsaw
  • ScowleyScowley Member Posts: 421
    I'm easily pleased, chance to ignite would do it for me.
    Elder of guild 'Aloha Snackbar'
    mack22JenngBloodyChainsaw
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,096
    @Kaz, same blast radius as grenadiers, same burning effect.
    GovernatorMattOfEarthBloodyChainsawccm
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,973
    Everyone
    Saying bigger blast radius, remember about the friendly fire, too big a radius could be a hindrance. Think guaranteed crit hit on central target and guaranteed non bodyshot on surrounding maybe a small amount of fire too, 10-20% maybe?
    ShadowaceAzGovernatorMattOfEarth
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,137
    edited August 2018
    It definitely needs looking at and some re work.

Make it no bodyshot to all targets in radius would make up for the handicaps imo 👍

Or keep it as it is, only remove no charged attack limitation. Would do as good I think.

Or enhance it with incendiary to all targets.
    mcbkhicksDBonesJenngBloodyChainsaw
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    Yep, no bod-shot + setting some on fire.

Alternatively having about 100% more damage would make it interesting too.
    Let's say, needing 2 turns to reload would be justified by having 2 times the damage.
    GovernatorDBonesJenngBloodyChainsaw
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,096
    @Firekid, I hear you. But when was the last time you shot a grenadier when your other survivors were in the blast zone?
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited August 2018
    Kaz said:

Yep, I hear you. It seems it needs some tweaking. And buffing it is definitely something we can do. We won't have time to add it to the upcoming Balance Update, but we might have for the one after that.

Any further feedback on how would you imagine this kind of weapon being used or how it should improve is highly appreciated!

So ... I was going to say in another thread "I wonder what @Kaz is view on this?". I decided to check other RPG threads first and glad I did.

Here comes my big question. If buffing it won't make the forthcoming balancing update, will NG avoid future Council updates that would negate the buff, when they give it to us to test for them?

I don't necessarily mean no new council levels ever, although that would probably be popular. But if it happened too soon after the buff or even at the same time :scream:

Edit: looks like @PigBenis already beat me to it with this conspiracy theory.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,295
    That first one, wow what an idiot. He's lucky he didn't end up here.

SPC_TORRESGovernatorJadenJenng
  • csaper2201csaper2201 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2018
    Add a knockback effect, that would be cool
    Or instant death with ??% chance
    This way the weapon will still be usable even after council upgrade
    BloodyChainsaw
  • anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 268
    Thanks for making me laugh guys...some very funny stuff! 😂😂😂
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

GovernatorBloodyChainsaw
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    edited August 2018
    > @Kaz said:
    > Any further feedback on how would you imagine this kind of weapon being used or how it should improve is highly appreciated!

@Kaz
    1. FIRE!!! Incendiary!!! FIRE!!!

2. Larger target area!

3. Everything in target area should be a guaranteed critical hit!!!

4. Either guaranteed kills all or guaranteed stun all would be awesome and very reasonable and realisticish🤪

Ka-Boom!

I could add much more, but I don't wish to appear needy🤪
    PigBenisGovernatormack22BloodyChainsaw
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 221
    Given the videos that various people have shown and the scene from the show that inspired the RPG in the first place how in the world did NG ever come up with the lackluster set of traits and effects that the Legendary RPG shows in the game. It is worse than regular hunter weapons and with a one turn reload more dangerous to use. Big fail on NG part for the Summer event!!!
    IndicusBloodyChainsawStaryi
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 492
    All this time and work for a crappy RPG so disappointing
    IndicusBloodyChainsawStaryihunter_x
  • MikyMouseMikyMouse Member Posts: 44
    1) 100% critical attack on center
    2) 100% no body shot on its circle
    3) little bit more base damage

My two cents